Whatta Ya Think?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 07:29 AM
wants to sell you complete inserts!!! :)
Twinkle, twinkle little star...

My Mood/Status:
lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Whatta ya think?

I frequent Craigslist and look in the pet section. I don't know WHY because it just depresses me but I can't help myself. Anyway, yesterday I saw a really nice cat named Lance that is at the Humane Society about an hour from here and has been there for a while. The place is low-kill which is why he's lasted so long. Apparently, his family unloaded him along w/2 other cats and the other 2 were adopted long ago.

I'm Guilty!! (Of being adorable)

That's the link to see his pic. Anyway, I showed my boss b/c he loves kitties too and he said his grandmother is looking for a cat. She lives alone and wants a companion. The thing is, just 2 months ago, she said she didn't want a cat b/c it would cost money and be work. So, I guess he made sure with her she wants the cat and she says yes, and he's going to get him this weekend. I offered to go and help pick out supplies and food and get her set up (I'm sure I could get some good deals on pet stuff for her). The thing that bothers me is that a pet is not an iffy decision. Having a cat (indoor only) is really not that much work (I have one) but it IS work all the same. She's also nearly 80 years old and I am 24 so I have a lot more energy to take care of things. I know lots of shelter animals come from the elderly that could no longer take care of them or moved to a nursing home, etc. This cat is only 2 years old, he could live 18+ more years! I guess I need to make sure his family has a backup plan b/c I'd hate to see that guy have to go back to a shelter. Haha, I'll probably end up with him!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

I HAVE COMPLETE INSERTS FOR SALE EACH WEEK - PM ME!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lisawarner For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 11:40 AM

RE: Whatta ya think?

is being held hostage by Grits!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I can't see the link it was deleted. I too would hate to have to see him go back to a shelter when the time comes that she cannot care for him anymore. That would be so sad. My grandmother takes care of elderly people and when one of the ladies passed away she wanted her to take the cat so that is how my grandmother got her cat Rosie. Which is good because Rosie didn't like anyone but her owner and my grandmother. So at least now she can live out the rest of her life with someone she knows. (She's an old lady cat now.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2009, 12:24 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

abmitch01 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!abmitch01 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!abmitch01 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!abmitch01 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!abmitch01 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!abmitch01 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!abmitch01 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!abmitch01 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!abmitch01 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I;m a nurse for hospice, the pet thing with the elderly comes up a lot. If the person gets ill, sometimes the home health aid will help with cat needs since they are less high maintenance. I think manageable pets are great for the elderly. Beats getting euthanized or stuck in a shelter for months. Just encourage her to have a long term plan in mind in case she does become less independent. Our shelter even has a special program for senior adoptees. They help them carefully pick a pet that fits with their lifestyle, they get a 50% discount, things like that
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abmitch01 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 AM

needing lots of help to get back into coupon-ing
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mom21803 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom21803 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom21803 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom21803 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom21803 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mom21803 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
If your boss is a pet lover I am sure he will take care of the cat if something were to happen. After the adoption it is going to be out of your hands. But, what if no one adopts him? He could still be put down? Low Kill right?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mom21803 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2009, 08:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Yeah, low-kill at the place apparently means that if they get sick or are too wild to handle, they get put down. I'm sure there are other instances but I don't know.
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisawarner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2009, 12:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbreakme View Post
I hate to have to see him go back to a shelter when the time comes that she cannot care for him anymore. That would be so sad.
Hopefully they work out a plan to take care of this kitty. Even being in a home for a short period with a loving owner has to be better than living in the shelter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jenner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2009, 07:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
Well, this lady is in pretty good health for her age. I mean, I could die tomorrow at 24 and then my pets would have to have a home, you know? I do understand that the probability of something happening is heightened considering her age, but as long as their is a backup plan I really don't think it's a bad idea for her to have a pet. I talked to the shelter and this poor guy taps every person that walks by his cage for attention. He is just so needy right now. He needs to get out of there!
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

The Following User Says Thank You to lisawarner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2009, 10:37 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well I hope she is able to give him that home! He deserves a loving owner!
Old 01-09-2009, 05:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
You know the worst part of going over there to get him? I'll probably end up bring 6 back to my house! AHHH
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

The Following User Says Thank You to lisawarner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 01:54 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Oh I know right! My mom kept trying to get me to take her last kitten that a stray came and had under their shed. I was like NO, don't show me don't tell me about him nothing.. I wouldn't be able to resist otherwise.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:55 PM

is saving money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
sounds like you have yourself a new kitty
The Following User Says Thank You to HappyGal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2009, 03:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
UPDATEEEEE!!!

So, I went with him today to check out the shelter. Typical shelter--heartbreaking!!! They had about 15 cats (this was a VERY SMALL shelter) and the one he wanted was still there. As soon as you unlatch the cage his head is pushing the door open He was very sweet so my boss bought him. In the meantime, I fell in love with a little kitten that wouldn't stop attacking his own tail. I brought Zoe (my yorkie girl) with me and she wanted all the kittens too. They were all attacking her dangling leash. Zoe LOVES to play so a kitten could maybe even keep up with her!! I didn't end up adopting b/c I can't afford another round of vet bills, Frontline, food, etc.. but boy were they cute. Lance (the cat my boss adopted) is now known as Elvis ( that's what is grandma wanted to rename him) and he adapted very well to her apt. Within 10 mins or so he was flopped out on his back wanted his belly rubbed and purring up a storm for me. It feels so good to know he has a good forever home now!! He's gunna be such a happy boy
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisawarner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2009, 04:14 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Oh my gosh! That is sooo funny how well Lance made himself at home! reminds me of Misty when I first brought her home from her previous owners. She just got on the bed and propped herself on the pillow like a princess. So glad Lance AKA now ELVIS! (Love that!) Is in his nice loving home now!