My Doggie Is Sick

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:36 PM

RE: My doggie is sick

My Mood/Status:
Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Jenner...thanks for asking, how are you?
Alls good on the Eastern front. Ahh I ALWAYS lock one of the pets in the spare room. I swear they go into stealth mode and sneak behind me.
Riley was probably like "here I am Mom!! Let me out!"
Glad to hear your boy is doing good. I hope he gets adjusted to that new food!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jenner For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 09:14 PM

is being held hostage by Grits!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I locked Smiles in the closet once. I have two closets in my hallway upstairs and one is very tiny/slim and I have a huge plastic drawer thing in there that takes up most of it. I guess he squeezed through when I was getting something out of that and I didn't know and closed him on up. I looked for him for like 30 minutes before I realized what had happened. He did not make a sound while I was going around calling for him! I opened the door and he's looking at me like "Uhh.. About time"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2009, 12:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Jenner has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbreakme View Post
I locked Smiles in the closet once. I have two closets in my hallway upstairs and one is very tiny/slim and I have a huge plastic drawer thing in there that takes up most of it. I guess he squeezed through when I was getting something out of that and I didn't know and closed him on up. I looked for him for like 30 minutes before I realized what had happened. He did not make a sound while I was going around calling for him! I opened the door and he's looking at me like "Uhh.. About time"
LOL isn't that funny?! They don't make a peep when you're yelling your lungs out yet they give you 'tude cause you locked them in there!

Bad cats!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
LOL isn't that funny?! They don't make a peep when you're yelling your lungs out yet they give you 'tude cause you locked them in there!

Bad cats!
Seriously. He could have stuck a paw under the door or something. I was totally freaking as there are not many places he could hide in the apartment. In my second bedroom there is a tiny door you open on the wall to turn the water off to the tub/shower area and you can see the pipes in the walls etc. One of my older cats got down in there years ago and I was freaking out worried I would not be able to get her out! she walked right out there. But I keep a bookcase in front and the door close to that room now. *phew* I have also had them get into the WALL under the kitchen sink where the pipes are, its exposed for the water turn off there. Of course that cat was tiny that got in there, None of my current fatties would get a toe in there.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
Yeah really--how about waving a white flag? Anything! I've shooed my cats out of every place imaginable, so I totally feel your pain! When you mentioned the wall I got a visual of grits stuck in that wall with his butt sticking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbreakme View Post
Seriously. He could have stuck a paw under the door or something. I was totally freaking as there are not many places he could hide in the apartment. In my second bedroom there is a tiny door you open on the wall to turn the water off to the tub/shower area and you can see the pipes in the walls etc. One of my older cats got down in there years ago and I was freaking out worried I would not be able to get her out! she walked right out there. But I keep a bookcase in front and the door close to that room now. *phew* I have also had them get into the WALL under the kitchen sink where the pipes are, its exposed for the water turn off there. Of course that cat was tiny that got in there, None of my current fatties would get a toe in there.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:29 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Hahahaha.. Now you know if that ever happens I will so be videoing that and posting for everyones viewing pleasure.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:43 AM

wants to sell you complete inserts!!! :)
Twinkle, twinkle little star...

My Mood/Status:
lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
When I bought my house, my cat hid behind the dryer for like 2 days. I don't call him a scaredy cat or timid, he's just paranoid I think. He's never gone outside but he'll get two steps out and then the wind will blow and he backs up like OMG the wind is gunna get me! Anyway, I FREAKED I could not find him. He would not come out either--I tried blockading that area with my ironing board but nope, he'd knock it down and get back there. And on the third day, he discovered that my bed was assembled and just dying to be laid on. Hasn't hid back there since.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

I HAVE COMPLETE INSERTS FOR SALE EACH WEEK - PM ME!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lisawarner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2009, 10:37 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
He was probably thinking "Why the heck didn't she show me this nice comfy bed earlier? DUH!"
Old 01-10-2009, 11:54 PM

is saving money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Riley ate 2 cups of food today!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HappyGal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2009, 12:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Riley ate 2 cups of food today!!!!!
He is still shaking alot but seem happy and is moving around ok.

He should be eating 3 cups a day but 2 cups is 1 more than yesterday

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Go Riley Go! Eat Eat Eat!!!!

I'm so glad to hear that!!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:56 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
That is so awesome! I am so glad he is having more of an appetite!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
Hope Riley had a good appetite today!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 PM

is saving money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!HappyGal has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Riley!
The Following User Says Thank You to HappyGal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2009, 08:00 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Aww I hope he eats more today!
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2009, 03:34 PM

exhausted..I want a nap

My Mood/Status:
susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I hope Riley gets better, HappyGal. I know how you feel about your furbabies. I have 1 doggie that thinks I AM her Mommy (I've had her since she was 4 weeks old, her mom got ran over that week). And we just got a poodle last week from a lady who was a foster parent to doggies seized in puppy-mills. So I know how much you love your babies.

I'll be praying for you and Riley.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:44 PM

is saving money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
thanks for rescuing a doggie and thanks to the lady who fosters too!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HappyGal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2009, 06:36 PM

exhausted..I want a nap

My Mood/Status:
susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!susanchristlieb2002 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Who couldn't love a wittle-bitty cotton ball on toothpicks? She's my shopping buddy, my snuggling buddy, and my computer companion. I loved Maggie the minute I saw her. We still keep in touch with the foster-mom. We've sent her pictures of Kiersten and Maggie. I've gotta send her another picture, this week.

Fluffy is my "foot-warmer." She has to be right at my feet anytime I'm doing anything. I love her as much as I do my child, because she is one of my "kids."
Old 01-14-2009, 05:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
I hope Riley had an appetite today!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:11 PM

is saving money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Thanks Jenner
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HappyGal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2009, 11:34 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
That's great!!!

Y'all should hear Grits cry when I'm about to pour his food in the bowl. He is suchhhhhh a huge whiney baby.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:21 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
CurlyQ has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CurlyQ has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CurlyQ has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CurlyQ has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CurlyQ has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CurlyQ has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CurlyQ has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CurlyQ has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CurlyQ has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Awww... I hope all turns out well for you in the long run. My lab, Minnie, is 11 years old and she went in this week because she couldn't poo! She has a Mega Colon. Cost me $350 to get her cleaned out and she has to be on lactilose forever now and that is EXPENSIVE! They don't know if it will work or not. I'm afraid it's not turning out good. She won't even go outside right now because it's so cold and she has to eat pumpkin with her food everyday to keep her bowels loose. She just acts like she's tired of being here. I'm scared. Been crying myself this morning.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:25 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyQ View Post
Awww... I hope all turns out well for you in the long run. My lab, Minnie, is 11 years old and she went in this week because she couldn't poo! She has a Mega Colon. Cost me $350 to get her cleaned out and she has to be on lactilose forever now and that is EXPENSIVE! They don't know if it will work or not. I'm afraid it's not turning out good. She won't even go outside right now because it's so cold and she has to eat pumpkin with her food everyday to keep her bowels loose. She just acts like she's tired of being here. I'm scared. Been crying myself this morning.
Oh no. I am so sorry Minnie is not doing good. Maybe her body just needs some time to adjust to the medication etc. Does she like the pumpkin okay? I will keep her in my prayers. BTW I love your avatar.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2009, 10:37 AM

is saving money!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:

I am sorry belive me I know exactly how you feel...I just keep reminding myself how lucky we are to have little furbabies in our lives even though its not fair we usually out live them...huggs to you and your little one
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HappyGal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2009, 12:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about Minnie. I can understand why you're scared. Having a sick furbaby is so upsetting. I think Minnie just feels icky with all the changes and vet visit--I'm sure she wants to be there with her Mommy!

Take care and keep us updated please.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jenner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2009, 12:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Thanks Jenner

He is doing ok, eating about 2 cups a day.

Today for the first time he actualty cried for his icky food and then ate it when I gave it to him

He would do this all the time before when it was good food.
YESSSSSSSSSSSS! **pumps fist** That's what I call progress! Great news!
Go Riley go!

Keep eating buddy!