Puppy Got Spayed!!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:51 PM
wants to sell you complete inserts!!! :)
Twinkle, twinkle little star...

My Mood/Status:
lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Puppy got spayed!!

My little yorkie girl got her "ovarohysterectomy" --what a fancy word, huh?--on Friday and she did good. I was so nervous!!

She is stitched up and was pretty much back to her normal self the next morning. She wants to jump on me and everything and I am afraid of her hurting herself. Puppies just don't understand!!

What could have been a $60 spay job at the Humane Society ended up costing me $256 at the local vet. Yowsers. She ended up having a potential liver issue that was caught in some bloodwork so I paid an extra $56 for some pills that will help her liver get very healthy.

I guess I should be glad I don't have children to buy Xmas presents for, the puppy tapped me out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

I HAVE COMPLETE INSERTS FOR SALE EACH WEEK - PM ME!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lisawarner For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-24-2008, 01:17 PM

RE: Puppy got spayed!!

is being held hostage by Grits!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wowsers! I am glad the surgery went well and they caught the issue with her liver!!! I hope she heals quick. I've never taken a female to be spayed. Mostly I have had boys. My girl cat Misty was already fixed when I got her. Was she loopy from the drugs when she came home? My cats always crack me up coming of the anesthesia after they get their teeth cleaned every 6 months.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2008, 07:35 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Samantha86 has posted more than 200 great deals!Samantha86 has posted more than 200 great deals!Samantha86 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Wow! Thats expensive! I have to get my kittens spayed next month, and it is going to be $96 total for 2 cats. My vet is really inexpensive and he is who the local SPCA recommends, so I trust him. I am glad it all went well and that the liver issue was caught early so it can be taken care of. Wishing her a full and speedy recovery!

Mommy to Two Dogs and Five Cats
Old 11-25-2008, 04:24 PM

celebrating 4 yr. Anniversary of Not being dependant on alcohol!!
i love this site!!

My Mood/Status:
thekains has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!thekains has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!thekains has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!thekains has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!thekains has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!thekains has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!thekains has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!thekains has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!thekains has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!thekains has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
awww! The things we do for our babies.. Glad shes doing well..
Old 11-26-2008, 07:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!lisawarner has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I'm not sure how long the healing process is, but she still definitely has a noticeable "cut." I am giving her a week (it's not even been 5 full days yet) and I hope it will look a little better. My roommate is a former vet tech and he reminds me the cut may be small, but it is VERY deep. Poor little tummy!
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

The Following User Says Thank You to lisawarner For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2008, 08:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
Samantha86 has posted more than 200 great deals!Samantha86 has posted more than 200 great deals!Samantha86 has posted more than 200 great deals!
When I had Dakota spayed, she had a pretty large cut on her belly. It took a while before it really started to look better. It didn't really seem like it bothered her though. I had trouble keeping her from running around and playing until it healed up.

Mommy to Two Dogs and Five Cats
Old 11-27-2008, 09:14 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
gracienurse has posted more than 300 great deals!gracienurse has posted more than 300 great deals!gracienurse has posted more than 300 great deals!gracienurse has posted more than 300 great deals!
After the holidays are over I am taking my Bella in to get spayed...she is a lab mix that lives outside,but she will come stay inside with us for a week or so while she heals. My 3 cats are gonna be so mad at me.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:18 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
gracie I'm sure they will be sooo thrilled Hope it all goes well!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
She is definitely healing up good now! I am so happy. I gave up on trying to get her to stop running, she is a PUPPY, what do you expect!? The stitches look like they are dissolving and she is got little hair stubbles growing back now
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

Old 12-03-2008, 06:03 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
They never want to stop going when they are puppies!

I had a cat once that had some abscess or something and we took her to the vet and they broke it open and said she would just have to heal so she had this hole on her stomach. She was supposed to wear these diaper thing but of course she took it right off and started running around when she got home.
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2008, 10:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
A diaper, omg! Zoe would eat that off of herself. I had her in a little t-shirt/sweatshirt thing for a while to kind of cover up the incision but she just would roll around on the ground kicking all fours in the air to try and get it off. So that didn't work because it looked like she would stretch out her belly and that'd be even worse!!

I barely remember my cat getting neutered, it must have been no big deal. I do remember when my mom had him declawed (she bought leather) and he came home with his little bandages. Kind of cruel but at least now when the puppy jumps on his head he can't really hurt her!!
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

Old 12-03-2008, 01:09 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Do you dress Zoe up normally? Maybe she didn't like that particular shirt. My cat Misty has a couple of pieces of clothes. I just got her this cuuuute dress. She looks adorable in it and she actually for a cat likes wearing stuff. She is very prissy so she enjoys looking pretty I guess. I put it on one of the boy cats just to see what he'd do and he just fell over like he was unable to walk.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
I try to dress Zoe up because she looks so adorable in clothes, but realistically I like to put stuff on her when it's cold outside so she can keep warm. I live in Central Florida so this is not like snow winter weather or anything but we will get in the 30s and 40s frequently and for a little girl, that's chilly. I would LOVE to put clothes on my cat Toby but he'd freak out. He's never even worn a collar, much less clothes. I used to put scrunchies on his tail when I was a kid and it would send him darting through the house trying to get it off. I loved harassing him--oh wait, I still do!!
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!

Old 12-15-2008, 07:02 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
that is so funny!

I will put milk rings on Grits's tail or on the ring that hangs from his collar and it drives him nuts until he gets them off. It amuses me at least.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:50 AM

maritae has posted more than 10 good deals
I'm in the DC area and do rescue work. We always let people know that spays/neuters can cost anywhere between $250-$600 if you go to a local vet. It is crazy, especially when people can get low-cost surgeries elsewhere. In the rural areas that we work with, the surgery costs only $60! What a difference in price.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
I would have loved going to a local rescue to do it, but she is only 4 pounds and I was told enough horror stories of the "cookie cutter spay" and potential problems with the anesthetia on a puppy so small. Maybe I was just being over-protective and I definitely did pay extra. However, our local rescues do not offer pre-surgical blood work which checks vital organs to see if they can handle the surgery. My vet did and I ended up catching a liver issue that she has that we are taking meds for. I'm glad I did what I did.
my little angel!
RIP 8/31/09 Toby
my beautiful little boy
I
couponing!