Kitten Had A Hard Life, But It Is Over Now.

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 10:52 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Unhappy Kitten had a hard life, but it is over now.

Kitten Wharton passed on sometime between last Friday and Saturday July 26th. The cause of death is unknown, but speculated to be either due to injuries attained by being run over, or an illness.

Kitten was found Sunday evening around 7:30pm after Adam and I returned from walking Ernest. Kitten was laying in the ditch right at the foot of the driveway. Adam said there were no marks or blood on her, so there is no way to know how she died.

Kitten had a hard life. She was born in Edith's first litter of kittens and she is the only one that survivied. Kitten had to be bottle fed on her first day as a kitten because Edith had no idea what she was supposed to do as a mother. Every couple of hours I had to make sure Kitten was nursing properly. Kitten slept with us on the couch and was very loving.

When Kitten was about 5 months old she was ran over just before my APSU graduation party. She was kept in a carrier overnight and taken to the vet the next day. She was given a shot for pain and we learned that she broke her pelvis. After, watching her not get any better and look to be in pain we took her again to a vet. There we learned that Kitten had lost feeling in her tail and she would be unable to control her bowels on certain occasions. I took care of Kitten for a month and she stayed inside to recover.

After she seemed to gain contol of herself, we let her back outside. It was then that Kitten became almost feral. She didn't want to be pet. She often would run up to us when called and then back away. She also would hiss and try to smack at us. We let her alone and took care of her the best we could.

Kitten loved her dad, Tom Tom and he loved her. They were always playing together. On most days they would go across the road together to hunt in the patch of woods. Tom never loved any other cat the way he did Kitten. He cared for her the most I have ever seen another cat for its kin.

The week before Kitten died she acted odd. She meowed to us; something she never did before. I was afraid she was in pain and trying to tell us. She hissed at every cat, even Tom. She would not let me anywhere near her.

The day before she disapeard, she let Adam pat her on the head a few times. This leads me to believe the reason she died was that she was sick and in pain. I hate to think that the precious Kitten who had such a hard life, had an even harder death. However, I am almost sure that is what hapened. I wish I could have been there for her and that I could have done something to ease the pain. I really do think it was her time because she had such a bad life and she was in so much pain. I'm glad she suffers no more and if my picture of heaven is correct, I hope to see her again.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 10:57 AM

RE: Kitten had a hard life, but it is over now.

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!lah123 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I'm sorry about your kitty.
The Following User Says Thank You to lah123 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2008, 11:04 AM

is raising money for breast cancer

My Mood/Status:
tklein has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tklein has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tklein has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tklein has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tklein has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tklein has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tklein has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tklein has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tklein has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tklein has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tklein has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am soooo sorry, and yes you will see kitty again one day!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to tklein For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2008, 11:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!nessa1970 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
So sorry about Kitty.
The Following User Says Thank You to nessa1970 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2008, 11:22 AM

is missing her mom more than ever.
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your Kitten.I once had a cat that got very sick and passed away and a friend sent me this. To this day, I still remember~

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
The Following User Says Thank You to Faith For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2008, 11:24 AM

I'm off to see the wizard.....
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lhart24 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sorry to hear about kitten.. I am sure she appreciated all the love you gave her while she was here
The Following User Says Thank You to lhart24 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2008, 11:30 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!apsufan82 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank you all so much for you kind words. I really appreciate them at this time.

Something I forgot to say is that while my DH, Adam, was buring Kitten, Tom Tom was sitting off to the side coughing and seeming very upset. It was so sad to see my big 'ol Tom cat so obviously upset at the passing of his daughter.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:47 PM

is being held hostage by Grits!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!dontbreakme has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure your family and your other pets will miss her dearly.
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbreakme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2008, 03:58 PM

is ready for Spring!
Proud to be a Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your Kitten.I once had a cat that got very sick and passed away and a friend sent me this. To this day, I still remember~

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
This is what I always send to people when they loose a pet. Such a wonderful poem!
The Following User Says Thank You to lwilsonide For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2008, 05:06 PM

Jenn

My Mood/Status:
jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!jennjenn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
ugh ... I'm so sorry to hear this. Rest assured that Kitten is now over at Rainbow Bridge living the life she was meant to live.

Hugs to you and your family.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Molly
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Ari
, Simon
, Orange
Tuxie

please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets
The Following User Says Thank You to jennjenn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2008, 09:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm so sorry for your little kitten. You guy have brought tears to my eyes. Especially the part about your Tom Tom. We have a mother and the father and 2 of their daughters. And the mother never really liked on of the daughters and the fathers has always been with her.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:01 AM

loves AFC!!!
Waiting for summer...

My Mood/Status:
vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I am sooo sorry to hear about your loss. Sending a your way and a nice head scratching for Tom Tom.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM

Go Buckeyes!
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!carriemb2 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!