Pittsburgh Area

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 05:35 PM

RE: Pittsburgh area

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
heatherlane79 has posted more than 25 good deals
Hi everyone! I live near Apollo area! So I'm close to some of ya'!
qpon saver so sorry to hear about your daughter. I have a friend that lives up that way.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2012, 07:15 PM

blah

My Mood/Status:
SweetstuffMV has posted more than 100 good deals!SweetstuffMV has posted more than 100 good deals!
Hey there heatherlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlane79 View Post
Hi everyone! I live near Apollo area! So I'm close to some of ya'!
qpon saver so sorry to hear about your daughter. I have a friend that lives up that way.
I live in apollo/ vandergrift

I have a coupon train if you would like to join tho it is still in the first weeks we are having a few bumps but working threw
Old 01-14-2012, 09:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
SweetstuffMV thanks for the invite! I'll have to think about it.
Do you do most of your shopping in Apollo? I go to Apollo and Hyde Park. I try to stick close to home. I venture to Walmart occasionally.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:48 AM

blah

My Mood/Status:
SweetstuffMV has posted more than 100 good deals!SweetstuffMV has posted more than 100 good deals!
i dont know where hyde park is, havent lived here long. I shop in apollo and Once and a while go to Natrona Hights walmart but HATE IT!

Do you shop at Nasers at all?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I live in Gibsonia,Pa. I shop all around here and near the Waterfront in Homestead, PA. Also shop in the Waterworks and Pgh Mills area.
How do you find out where the recycling dumpsters are in your area? I get one delivered, and usually buy them at the dollar tree if I want more. Free is always better though!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and married to Kevin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

After taking a year off from couponing and living off of my stock pile, I am back and ready to save!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:09 AM

blah

My Mood/Status:
i have not found the ones in this area. If i go its to whre i used t olive in Indiana Pa
Old 01-15-2012, 10:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
There are recycling dumpsters in Apollo. I haven't tried it yet.
Hyde Park is where Giant Eagle and Kmart is. At least I think that is what it's called. I'm not from this area!
When I am out that way, I go the Walmart in Delmont.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:30 AM

blah

My Mood/Status:
Okay haha thank you i shop at hyde park alot then!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
I do shop at Naser's sometimes. Depends on the sales. Do you shop Big Lots? I used to alot, but anymore the prices aren't that low compared to other stores sales with the qs. If need help with something let me know, with couponing or finding something in the area. I've been in this area about 5 years.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:11 AM

blah

My Mood/Status:
thank you! I shop at big lots here and there. Your right the prices aren ot as good anymore. It will be nice to keep in touch with you and talk about local deals and such! Thanks i will keep in touch
Old 01-16-2012, 09:37 AM

blah

My Mood/Status:
Does anyone do stock piling?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Hi, I'm from beaver county! Yes I do stock piling. I've been couponing since I was 15 and I'm now 35, so I'm somewhat seasoned ! We are a family of 4 and I'm a SAHM so to make things stretch I coupon and live frugally. So glad to
Have found this thread would love to chat with other locals, talk to "yinz" soon!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:41 AM

blah

My Mood/Status:
Do you have any tips on Paper towel stock piling and was wondering if you know about canning?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:42 AM

blah

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgnagey17 View Post
Im about 2 hours east of pittsburgh. How do I join?

http://www.afullcup.com/forums/coupo...-express.html#
Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ajmom has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetstuffMV
Do you have any tips on Paper towel stock piling and was wondering if you know about canning?
When brawny has 1.00 ip you can get free at giant eagle also when bounty has .50q also doubles at GE free single rolls.
Canning best reference blue ball book canning step by step info I can rather pickle alot. I have a garden but I'm pampered because I have 2 standup big freezers so gor away from canning freeze more, but will can more this summer.
My stockpile always seems to vary with paper products either I have a ton of tp or hardly any . Biggest tip is taking it slow stocking up only on products that are cheap or next to free, then things will grow without noticing a hit in your budget.
I ran out of mayo in stockpile and didn't have q's had to pay full price, so now I know this summer when it goes on sale to stock up more than last year. I try to have enough for my family and my parents so if they run out of things they can stop here. For example at Christmas time I was able to help a friend in need sent her 6 huge bags of food and stuff, but I've been doing this for years. Part of my mentality comes from when I was young and the steel mills went under, we survived on home canned goods and deer meat, so I am ever aware of the worse, and it did happen my DH and I both lost out jobs in jan 09 I found out was prego 2 weeks later, we lived off majority of stockpile took my DH year and half find work, so I'm done rambling. I would like to join train but got to get to a computer a's right now only have phone. Any other ? Please feel free to ask. Have a blessed day!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:37 PM

blah

My Mood/Status:
thank you.these tips will help. i have started my stock pile its not big but i have the food that i can go to in case of an emergency. I just cant keep enough paper products stocked up because i don't know how to stock pile them .
Old 01-16-2012, 02:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetstuffMV
thank you.these tips will help. i have started my stock pile its not big but i have the food that i can go to in case of an emergency. I just cant keep enough paper products stocked up because i don't know how to stock pile them .
I know some people won't buy tp unless it less than .20 a roll I know some who figure out by square footage I feel if it's a good deal I'll get it. I am forever running out of tissues my dd thinks she had to blow her nose all the time she's only 2 what are you gonna do it's cute as the dickens! Expensive but who cares..priceless in my book
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
My stockpile mainly consists of heath and beauty items. Papertowels and toilet paper I haven't been doing very good at.

My friend gave me tomatoes from her garden last year and I watched videos on youtube on how to can them. Very easy to to understand. I never did get to can them though. They went bad before I got to them-haha Her mom gave me green beans and showed me how to can them. That was awesome!

ajmom, it's cute that your daughter wants to blow her nose all the time. My two year old son refuses to!
The Following User Says Thank You to heatherlane79 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 AM

KelleyHpgh
Sarver PA newbie

Hi Ladies! I'm THRILLED and over the moon to know that there are ladies in my immediate area that are trying this coupon "thing". I also do all of my shopping at Walmart in the Heights as well as at the mills, ect. Please feel free to PM me. I'll love to exchange email addresses and the like so we can keep in touch!

I really am JUST starting out. I'd love to know if you guys have a newspaper preference? Do you know of anywhere to find coupons to buy?

Take care and I look forward to hearing from you!