Insert Comparison

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 06:36 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
wjb1108 has posted more than 100 good deals!wjb1108 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Insert Comparison

I have been trying to find the best paper to get my inserts from. I buy 4 papers each week. I'm in the Scranton area. I have been getting at least 1 Scranton Times-Tribune (at $1.75) and try to get the other 3 in Citizen's Voice (at $1). I have to get at least one Scranton-Times to get all the weekly circulars. The coupons between these two local papers are generally the same. This past weekend I picked up a Philadelphia Inquirer (at Wegman's) for $1. I did a coupon comparison and am still not sure which papers to stick with. It's a pain to buy the local and the regional because it makes putting them in my binder take longer but I don't want to miss out on any good coupons (buying 2 Philadelphia Inquirers and 2 locals would be splitting the difference) but oh! I forgot to mention the Philadelphia Inquirer does not have the Red Plum insert - which I also do not want to miss out on. I have attached the comparison I did between the preview listing, local paper, and Philadelphia Inquirer (formatting didn't work well when I copied and pasted into this post) . If anyone has any other comparisons they could share, that would be great. I want to check out a Harrisburg and Binghamton paper (I'm assuming I can get them at the book store) or another Philadelphia paper that includes all the inserts.

You can see on my comparison that some are better value in the local but more are available in the Philly paper.

Any other's opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: xls 7-10-2011.xls (37.0 KB, 6 views)
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 09:07 AM

RE: Insert Comparison

It's always sunny in Philadelphia lol

My Mood/Status:
phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!phillygirl71 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
The philly inquire had a crappy SS this week..The RP was crappy also..( Yes i know if doesnt come in the Inquirer.. We get it delivered to our homes here via. a circular bag weekly ). Its not just us.. It was country wide.. I have been reading posts from other people around the country.. Some people only got 8 coupons in the SS total.. So considering that we did pretty well.. Although it was crappy.. This weeks should be good.. If you check out the sunday preview thread here.Sunday Coupon Previews - Grocery Coupons & Deal Forums - A Full Cup I post every week what i get in the philly inquirer and the Philly area RP.. You can see if there is a difference from the the Papers you get.. I dont know if the Philly Inquirer SS you get will be any different from the one sold here in Philly..

Also.. The Philadelphia Inquire is the only Sunday paper here.. We only have 2 newspapers Both owned by the same company and Only one of those is printed on Sunday..

Last edited by phillygirl71; 07-12-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
momsdna3 has posted more than 5 good deals
I'm in Mt. Pocono and I have the same problem. I spend a good 30 mins. in the store each Sunday looking through all the papers. I buy the Pocono Record and I buy 10 papers at a time. I haven't seen a difference in the inserts but it seems that there are a lot of papers that are missing them. I have done New York Times and the inserts were the same also.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
Clnugget has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by momsdna3
I'm in Mt. Pocono and I have the same problem. I spend a good 30 mins. in the store each Sunday looking through all the papers. I buy the Pocono Record and I buy 10 papers at a time. I haven't seen a difference in the inserts but it seems that there are a lot of papers that are missing them. I have done New York Times and the inserts were the same also.
Hey momsdna.... I'm in the Mt Pocono area as well. I'm viroid where you go for papers. The exxon closest to me is awful and half the time the coupons are missing. Is there someplace with a good variety of papers?