Any Couponers Near Johnstown , Pa

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 09:56 PM

RE: any couponers near johnstown , pa

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Pyro_Shano has posted more than 1 good deal
I'm brand new to the site, even though it's saying I joined in September of 09, I've never posted before, as you can see but I'm just a few miles from Somerset... homegrown from Johnstown though. It's been a while since anyone's actually posted on here. Has anyone actually followed through with any ideas they've had?
The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro_Shano For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 03:57 AM

happy

kyra514 has posted more than 100 good deals!kyra514 has posted more than 100 good deals!
As far as I know nothing has been started or followed through yet. This summer sure did fly. It would be nice to get something together though.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:33 AM

Glad to have found AFC

My Mood/Status:
kiteri has posted more than 50 good deals
I used to work in Johnstown, but got laid off and now work in Altoona so I am not in Johnstown area much anymore.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stew
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bea
and Luke
Leia
and Beru
on a TIGHT budget!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
But still, your in the same general area... it'd be nice to put something together, even if it's something online ya know? i know probably a lot of us wouldn't be able to get out somewhere (especially with gas prices, and with us TRYING to save money with coupons .)

I know it was that TV show they had going on TLC or whatever station it was about couponing that got me and my family together... the idea of trying to save hundreds of dollars by using coupons... of course I don't think it really works that way being as the local places around here aren't anything like those stores you'd see on TV. We don't have a Krogers around here and anytime I see coupons available, they're not for something that seems worthy being as it's something that's $1 off something that costs 3 or 4 dollars to begin with...

For instance, I know when my mother, sister, and I would go to do the shopping, we'd spent close to 1,000, and ended up saving over 200 dollars in savings on 1 trip... so we ended up only paying 800... but still, that's 800 dollars... how do you bring that amount way, WAY down?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:59 AM

Glad to have found AFC

My Mood/Status:
This forum is a GREAT place to start for seeing what coupons are out there and buy or trade for a decent number of the coupons on products you want.

I think it starts with "retraining your brain" though. I was always in the bigger is better mindset because buying in bulk usually brought the price paid per unit/ounce down. Ex. Buying a small box of cereal would be $4 but moving up to the family size box that had 50% more cereal only cost 25% more so I would do that.

With couponing, you have to find the smallest packages at the lowest prices and buy 4 of them with 4 coupons to maximize savings.

Price matching is another thing I used to find worthless, but it really does pay off. Especially if you take ads for Big Lots (which does not take coupons) to Walmart and get the price matched then use coupons.

It takes a lot more thought and research and preparation than I would have ever thought to get those BIG savings.
Stew
Bea
and Luke
Leia
and Beru
on a TIGHT budget!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
Yeah, but does going to Walmart work though? I mean, couponing there seems almost redundant on some things being as they don't double their coupons... Wouldn't you be better going off to... for example for me... Giant Eagle, since they do double their coupons.

There's only two real places to do all the shopping needed around here, Giant Eagle, and Walmart... so if I use a coupon at Walmart for one thing it'll only go for 50 cents, I use it at Giant Eagle it'll go for 1.00... I figured that made the more sense and cents? (retail joke. yeah, lame, i know.)

Anyway... I've also been going to facebook and going to icravefreebies and going through their list of things to get for free... i was able to find a few things from it today, so hopefully that'll be nice to get... I also found another website I was looking at... freeisfun.com And she does Giant Eagle couponing from her area (Erie, Michigan) and she was showing how to do "extreme" couponing. Like listing the coupons used, what to buy, how much it cost at the sale price, how much it'll cost at final... THAT intrigued me too... has anyone else heard about that site?

Then she posted something about SavingStar? I've never heard of it, so I looked it up.

It says you can take it and link it to your store card and print coupons from it... it won't show up on your receipt (savings OR E-coupon) but rather go into some type of separate account for you, and what you save goes into an account that you can paypal out?

Has anyone ever heard of SavingStar? Is it reputable? Im curious because if it is, one of the things available right now is for Lipton Iced Tea, "Between now and October 24th, 2012, save $5.00 when you spend $10.00 on any LiptonŽ Bottled Iced Tea." along with a $1/2, And along with Giant Eagle's price of $2.00, when you buy 5, it's 60 cents a piece...

Just curious
Old 10-28-2012, 11:53 AM

Glad to have found AFC

My Mood/Status:
I have never used Savings Star so I can't help you there, but I will give you an example of couponing to save.

If you aren't loyal to certain brands of tissues, I can show you a good deal. IF you buy the Great Value brand of tissues at Walmart you will pay about $2 for one box of 280 tissues. Coupons.com recently had a $1.00 off two boxes of Scotties tissues. A dollar off coupon wouldn't double at Giant Eagle because they only double to 99 cents. If you take the two coupons that Coupons.com will let you print to the dollar isle of Dollar General and buy four boxes of 120 count Scotties you will pay $2 and 480 tissues. That helps you get 200 extra tissues for the same amount of money spent.

I know it isn't the "wow factor" of getting your whole cart for free like that extreme couponing show made it look like you could, but I look at it this way: I used to just go to Walmart and buy all the Great Value brands and spend hundreds if not a thousand dollars a month on groceries. With planning, and coupons I would still spend hundreds but spend it less often because I was getting more merchandise for my money.
Stew
Bea
and Luke
Leia
and Beru
on a TIGHT budget!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:50 AM

happy

kyra514 has posted more than 100 good deals!kyra514 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro_Shano View Post
Then she posted something about SavingStar? I've never heard of it, so I looked it up.

It says you can take it and link it to your store card and print coupons from it... it won't show up on your receipt (savings OR E-coupon) but rather go into some type of separate account for you, and what you save goes into an account that you can paypal out?

Has anyone ever heard of SavingStar? Is it reputable?
Just curious
I have used saving star for a while now. It really does work. you have to make sure you link your cards to your account ( giant eagle, rite aid, ect) I think it can take up to a month to receive your money in your account. Though I have found you get it pretty quick from shopping at giant eagle (usually the same week). I do 85% of my shopping at giant eagle and rite aid. A few sight I like are hip2save.com and sistershoppingonashoestring.com
Old 11-17-2012, 10:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
jensley has posted more than 25 good deals
I'm from the Flood City!