Staten Island Pathmark Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 08:44 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
yrbarra has posted more than 25 good deals
Question Staten Island Pathmark question

Any idea if the Pathmarks on Staten Island will take expired and/or competitor's coupons?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 08:59 AM

RE: Staten Island Pathmark question

Come here Spring

My Mood/Status:
isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hi! Another NYC shopper here and my store/s don't take expired or comp Qs.
You can call your store at Staten Island, NY Phone: 718-981-1900 to verify.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(FL) here at A Full Cup, see
for details
Old 05-21-2011, 05:03 AM

Holding to the ground as the ground keeps shifting

My Mood/Status:
TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I live in Brooklyn but have been known to head over the bridge

Alas they do not take expireds. At one point they were taking competitor coupons but I do not believe they have been for a while.

At one point they also made it so you could do one order per trip and no back to back or splitting. I went in during a sale a while ago and asked nicely and they had no problems so perhaps they got a little more laxed.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:10 AM

Searching for deals!

2save4us has posted more than 100 good deals!2save4us has posted more than 100 good deals!
I am in Staten Island and the Pathmark in my area does not take expired or competitor coupons. However, the store is really great otherwise. It is very clean, the staff is friendly, and they did allow multiple transactions during the triple event. . Also, if you use CVS there is a store in the same shopping plaza.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!TSUalum93 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Do you go to the one on Hyland?

Old 05-21-2011, 09:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
I usually shop in the one off Amboy & Greaves. I asked at customer svc about the expired/competitors' coupons. They do not accept either.

I had a GREAT cashier during the one day sale on Friday. I failed to read the ad for the sugar (5lb @ $1.98-limit 1). I was buying 2 because I had a $0.75/2 Q that was doubling to $1.50 off! He put them through as 2 separate transactions but applied the Q to my 1st transaction since I was buying 2 items. I ended up spending about $9 for approx. $39 worth of products. For me, it was worth the trip in the rain.
The Following User Says Thank You to yrbarra For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2011, 04:20 PM

jmbracker
do they automatically double manuf. coupons at pathmark?? or do you have to ask?
Old 05-22-2011, 04:33 PM

Come here Spring

My Mood/Status:
isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbracker View Post
do they automatically double manuf. coupons at pathmark?? or do you have to ask?
Hi! I think Staten Island Pathmark stores do regular doubles. See list Here. Stores do change their policy from time to time..doesn't hurt to ask.

Welcome to AFC and to the Pathmark forum.

Become a
for details
Old 05-23-2011, 11:38 AM

My Mood/Status:
Recevutocoupon has posted more than 10 good deals
I'm a si pAthmark shopper and last night I used self check out at the store on Richmond ave and it took my expired Q's not sure if it was a glitch or what but I did not question it.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Good to know. Maybe I won't drop my expired Qs so quickly after all.
I wonder if that is something that works with self-checkout registers in general...
Old 05-24-2011, 04:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
Please don't do this. Computers are not as smart as humans. Coupon coding/decoding is a very big problem and using a coupon that is past expiration just because it scans is not fair to anyone . . . . Stores may not get proper redemption. A human could make that same mistake and scan it as well at a regular checkout but if any store starts to get expired coupons being redeemed they are going to really crack down. For those of you on SI think of how Shoprite has taped up the coupon boxes at the self check outs and now require the cashier running those lanes to check each one.

We must ask ourselves if redeeming a coupon after the expiration date is really worth it in the long run based on the ramifications that may/will take place.

The Following User Says Thank You to TSUalum93 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2011, 08:56 AM

Come here Spring

My Mood/Status:
Thanks TSUalum03/Maddy! I strongly agree on what she pointed out.

See Pathmark's coupon policy : Here.

One of them states:
Any coupon that has expired will not be accepted.

Become a
for details
Old 05-28-2011, 10:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
When I posted, I really didn't think it through. The PPs are right..I don't shop at Shop Rite so I didn't know about what had been done over there. That would take all the speed/convenience out of self-checkout. I also don't want to have issues with being able to use coupons in the future because the stores aren't getting paid for allowing us to use them. Thanks for putting things in perspective. Still new to this but I should have known better.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:42 AM

My Mood/Status:
Sexi 001 has posted more than 1 good deal
no they wont.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:02 AM

Come here Spring

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrbarra View Post
When I posted, I really didn't think it through. The PPs are right..I don't shop at Shop Rite so I didn't know about what had been done over there. That would take all the speed/convenience out of self-checkout. I also don't want to have issues with being able to use coupons in the future because the stores aren't getting paid for allowing us to use them. Thanks for putting things in perspective. Still new to this but I should have known better.
You're welcome and no worries at all.
Just had to clarify Pathmark's coupon policy so there's no confusion regarding use of expired coupons.

Become a
for details
Old 05-31-2011, 12:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
Recevutocoupon has posted more than 10 good deals
All I just wanted to clarify something last night I asked a service desk rep at the Hylan blvd pAthmark what the q policy was and was told that they will except an expired q only if it scans and that they will also double and triple a q regardless if it says don't double. In any event I as a habit try to remove my expiring Q's the day before and send them to coups for troops.. Good luck all and happy Qing