Vaccines / Autism

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 11:30 AM

RE: Vaccines / Autism

Went sledding today!
Mary

My Mood/Status:
boyzrus has posted more than 200 great deals!boyzrus has posted more than 200 great deals!boyzrus has posted more than 200 great deals!
Here in Illinois, it is a requirement for school to have the chicken pox vaccine.

I got the chicken pox when I was 13. I had them in my nose, my ears and yes, my vagina. My oldest got them before the shot was required, he was 4 and my second son had only 3 pox when he was 1. You still get them if you have the shot, but it is a milder case. We just got a notice at one of my kids' camps that a case of chicken pox had been reported.

As far as the autism and shots debate goes, there isn't one study that proves that it causes it. There is much speculation and the Jenny McCarthy book, but there is no outright proof.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyzrus For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2008, 01:20 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
christygibson36 has posted more than 10 good deals
I hate that we are blaming vaccines for Autism. If it were true and proven, then we would all know. I think we like to look for answers to why our children are diagnosed with this. Why, how, and who's fault it is. It just gives us someone/somthing to blame and it causes bitterness and resentment. I have a 15 year old autistic/mentally ******ed child who is non verbal, in diapers and is on a feeding tube. If you choose to BLAME for your child's diagnosis then you continue the anger and resentment. Plus it causes so much media hype which scares people into not vacinated. If you have a child with a disability there is a reason god gave them to you. I have all of my children vacinated because I want them to be healthy. My AUTIstic son picks up EVERY virus and illness going around so I CANNOT imagine not having him vacinated when he catches so much.
I REFUSE to give into Media Hype and scare tactics that can cause you to harbor resentment, anger and frustration so much that you cannot focus on what's best for your child!
The Following User Says Thank You to christygibson36 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2008, 03:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes, but however, it hasn't been proven nor disproven about how vaccines are linked to autism.
I think all of us here are trying to focus on what is best for OUR child(ren), in our own individual ways.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brooke
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BStroh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2008, 03:35 PM

SAVVEY SAVER
Nuttier than a Squirrel turd

My Mood/Status:
bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!bclarkcaldwell has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BStroh View Post
Yes, but however, it hasn't been proven nor disproven about how vaccines are linked to autism.
I think all of us here are trying to focus on what is best for OUR child(ren), in our own individual ways.
For sure, to each their own. I don't try to push my views on anyone. I will talk about what I feel if brought up, but I wouldn't personally bring it up to someone. We all do what we feel comfortable with. We are Moms just all trying to do the right thing in our own hearts. At the end of the day, we do what we feel the most comfortable with. Not everyone may agree, but that is okay!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bclarkcaldwell For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2008, 12:32 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
TNEarthMama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!TNEarthMama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!TNEarthMama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!TNEarthMama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!TNEarthMama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!TNEarthMama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!TNEarthMama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
We dont vax here... I feel its better for the child to get the "childhood disease" as a child... So I expose them to it when its around.. CP was here last year, but DS was only 9 months old, and I was PG at the time, so I felt I would wait till both were able to get it... Then I will get with the holistic moms network and see if anyone wants to have a pox party I had them as a kid and lived.. I also had the measles mumps scarlet feaver etc... I wish measles would come around here, cause though the media says the child can die from the disease or that there have been soo many deaths, they are not telling you that those deaths are due to cases in Africa not USA...

I think alot of parents dont realize whats in the vaccine itself... As a parent I want to know what would be put into my child...

909shot.com is a great site to see what they put in these shots.. Its pretty sick... Sorry but I dont think vaccinating my child with monkey kidneys, or antifreeze is a good idea...

Autism may not nec come from vaccines but it may have a role in what causes it, amongst other things...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TNEarthMama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2008, 08:57 AM

bobbi95 has posted more than 1 good deal
Smile You are SO misinformed

I cannot believe you would willingly expose your child to those diseases. Chances are that your kids would be fine if they get any of them, but there are still kids EVERY year, perfectly healthy, normal kids, who DIE of these diseases, and numerous others who are hospitalized by the effects because they were not vaccinated on time. If something happens to your child, because of your lack of action, then you will feel horrific. One of my children does have autism. Has always had it, not due to anything we did or did not do, & improves all the time. I was the healthist pg person around. I'm very in to natural, healthy living, but we have an obligation to our kids to make sure that we are well informed from all sides, not just jumping on the "no vaccines for my kids" bandwagon. Not all vaccines are bad or good. Just look at the Facts before making mistakes.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:27 AM

Happy

My Mood/Status:
creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!
A Question to Ponder:

If your child dies from chicken pox or measle which you intentional expose him/her to how are you going to feel?

And I'm considering TTC #2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to creekprinces For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2008, 11:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I get every shot the Pediatrician recomends, at DS's 1 yr check up he had 5 shots and took them like a pro Both of my parents (whom I live with) work at a hospital so they're exposed to horrible things every day and god forbid they end up a carrier of something and bring it home to my DS. I don't know what I would do if I chose not to get him vaccinated and then something happened to him- I would NEVER forgive myself for that! I had CP when I was 2- we lived overseas and for whatever reason my parents hadn't gotten me vaccinated yet. To this day (I'll be 25 next week) you can still see a few scars on my face & legs from it.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
You can go to your state health department's website and see how many cases there were of each disease every year. At least for IL you can, I would think other states would be similar. I have done my research and made my decisions.
To me the risks of certain vaccines outweight the benefits.
AFC is a friendly board, not one to accuse one another on being misinformed. To each his/her own.

Brooke
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BStroh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2008, 03:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!chunkymonkeesmommy has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I noticed a few people commented about the MMR shot. What is it and why are you worried about it? I'll totally admit I have no clue what it is but DS is set to get it in 2 weeks.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:33 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkeesmommy View Post
I had CP when I was 2- we lived overseas and for whatever reason my parents hadn't gotten me vaccinated yet. To this day (I'll be 25 next week) you can still see a few scars on my face & legs from it.
The chicken pox vaccine was not available for us when we were kids. It became available in 1995 in the US. I had chicken pox when I was little too. DH never got it.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:45 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lpeacock has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkeesmommy View Post
I noticed a few people commented about the MMR shot. What is it and why are you worried about it? I'll totally admit I have no clue what it is but DS is set to get it in 2 weeks.
MMR....measles, mumps, and rubella.
I think it's very important to educate yourself about what is going into your child's body so you can ask questions if you need to. I know that a lot of people trust their pedi b/c he/she is a doctor. You, as the parent, are the ultimate decision maker for this child & should know about what your child is getting.
I have the vaccine book by Dr. Sears & have read up on the vaccines as DS gets them. It's good to know all the side effects that can come after a shot.
AskDrSears - The 12 Childhood Vaccines

I'm a nurse (not a pediatric nurse....cardiac) & I am amazed at how many people don't know the medicine they're taking & what it does. Working in a hospital setting for a long time.....some pts would never ask any questions about the medicine we gave them for their treatment. But I always tried to educate them anyway....b/c when they get home they need to know if they're blood pressure is low...if they check it they need to hold their BP meds. Anyway, enough of my babbling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lpeacock For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2008, 06:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
Okay but why are people more worried about this shot (MMR) than the others?
Old 07-13-2008, 07:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
Some people are worried about the MMR shot and Autism. There is a lot of contraversy surrounding this vaccine. Regardless of any link between MMR/Autism, the MMR shot also has several side effects since it is a live virus vaccine.

I have chosen not to give the MMR vaccine at this point. Another option is separating the vaccine- you can give the Measles, Mumps and Rubella shots separately. I do not give more than one vaccine at a time to my DS. I think it is a lot for their little bodies to process and filter out the alumnium and other chemicals.

I also HIGHLY recommend Dr. Sears book, it is called The Vaccine Book. Check it out at your local library and read up before your Dr's visit to make the best choice for you. It is very informative and talks about each shot (in an easy to read format), the risks and benefits of each shot and proposes a couple alternative vaccine schedules for those who are concerned about the risks of vaccines.

Brooke
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BStroh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2008, 08:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
suzi1972 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!suzi1972 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!suzi1972 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!suzi1972 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!suzi1972 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!suzi1972 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!suzi1972 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!suzi1972 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
All 4 of my children have had all of their vaccinations, with my youngest there were concerns that she may be autistic but I do not believe it had anything to do with her vaccinations. The "symptoms" she has shown she has had since the beginning. I do know that she has sensory integration issues that probably stem from her being premature.
I personally believe that immunizations are important. My father had polio, was one of the first in the nation to be in the "Iron Lung" I heard his stories about when he was sick and would not want my children to go through anything like that if it could be prevented.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:27 PM

indianadana has posted more than 300 great deals!indianadana has posted more than 300 great deals!indianadana has posted more than 300 great deals!indianadana has posted more than 300 great deals!
I gotta say that the whole notion of deliberately exposing a child to chicken pox really pisses me off. My son was exposed at 6 weeks (and yes, he was BF) to someone who had wanted their child to "go ahead and get it now while it ws no big deal"and he almost died. He is 10 now and whenever his body is stressed he gets shingles because of this-not fun and it is not no big deal. I think that there are good arguments on both sides of the immunization issue but I also think that purposely spreading disease around to others is just wrong and selfish. I also think that people are very naive when it comes to the seriousness of this disease and the potential consequences.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:37 PM

is trying to get into the groove of things.
Crazy Coupon-Clipping Momma

cskrizan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cskrizan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cskrizan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cskrizan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cskrizan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cskrizan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cskrizan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cskrizan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cskrizan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cskrizan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cskrizan has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
indianadana quote
"I gotta say that the whole notion of deliberately exposing a child to chicken pox really pisses me off. My son was exposed at 6 weeks (and yes, he was BF) to someone who had wanted their child to "go ahead and get it now while it ws no big deal"and he almost died."

I exposed my kids on purpose, and I offered for anyone else who wanted to maybe "get them" over for a play date. All 3 of them got them. My youngest was maybe 10 months.

I'm sorry your son had such a horrible experience w/them.

I am not willing for my kids to be "guinea pigs" when it comes to new vaccines. I know the chicken pox vaccine has been out for awhile, but did you know that they recommend that those who have had it should be re-vaccinated every 10 years(or something like that). AND if your child has been vaccinated there is the possibility that they will get them as an adult?

As w/all diseases, kids will react in different ways. My kids did fine w/getting the chicken pox. They were itchy, but we used Calamine lotion and took a lot of baking soda baths.

Again, sorry your son had to go through that.
Steph
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cskrizan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2008, 01:18 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!jafsunshine has posted more than 300 great deals!
I understand your fear for autism emensly. I used to work with autistic children and could empathize with the parents on what they wer going through although I could never fully understand it and I thank God every single day that I do not have to go through it. I did once go to a autism conference and learned a great deal on autism. It has been found that it isn't necessarily the vaccine that causes autism but it is already something that a child is prone to already. Thgey have even come close to linking it to a specific gene that hopefully one day you will be able to test them for. It's definatley your right as a parent to agree/disagree with getting a shot but not giving them a shot doesn't necessarily mean you are preventing them from getting autism if it's in the cards. This is just what the conference taught us. I do find it admirable that you are abel to stand up fr your beliefs like you are.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:47 PM

2thbrat has posted more than 1 good deal
Question about what vaccination schedule to do

My daughter is 4 months and I had her shots done a month ago..not all of them. Her next shot appt is in 3 weeks and I wanted to know what the schedule to use. This is overwheliming but I need help in deciding what shots to give when! Thanks!:thankyou
Old 07-22-2008, 07:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
2thbrat, check out Dr. Sears book, it is titled the Vaccine Book. It covers an alternate schedule for those who would like to give the recommended vaccines, but how to spread things out a bit.
Hope that helps!

Brooke
Old 07-25-2008, 12:29 PM

Working on my coupon seminar business! =)
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianadana View Post
but I also think that purposely spreading disease around to others is just wrong and selfish.
I don't think that the people who want to expose their own kids to disease are wanting to "spread disease around to others" ...just their own kids. If the "other" kids parents don't want them to have the disease they would have gotten the vaccine.
and newborn DD Gianna
and our zoo:

"Who among us would ask our children for a loan,
so we could spend money we do not have, on things we do not need?" Gov. Jindal
The Following User Says Thank You to DeannaJoy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2008, 12:36 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Also, to note what many have said about vaccines not being linked to autism ... I'd like to say something that I think MOST will understand. IF the government or whoever it may be finds (or has already found) that autism IS linked to vaccines, they would NEVER tell us anyway, that would be extreemly confidential records, why you ask?
If the government releases that information I believe more of our nation would turn against vaccines, therefore creating an outbreak of disease. The US would then seem to be a 3rd world country with so much sickness and disease. So IF they know that the 2 are linked, or if they ever find that its true, the population would never know about it.

Just my opinion, but I think most would agree that the government would keep that top secret.
and newborn DD Gianna
and our zoo:

Old 07-25-2008, 12:45 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Below is something I recieved that was very helpful:

REASONS TO JUST SAY NO TO VACCINES

Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, DO
July 9, 2008
NewsWithViews.com

Vaccinating children has become sacrosanct in our culture. Doctors and government officials insist that vaccines are safe, and parents are pressured into compliance. In fact, parents have been reported to social services by doctors who consider not vaccinating to be a form of medical neglect or child abuse. Legislators across the country are attempting to pass laws in which parents will have no rights to refuse what is injected into their children.

The inconsistency of rules involving the care of children is striking. Mothers are in complete control of their child’s health while in the womb. They make choices against eating tuna, taking medications, smoking cigarettes and avoiding alcohol. Mothers may choose to even terminate the pregnancy. But the moment the baby arrives, control over their child’s body is forcibly surrendered to healthcare providers and the government. The leg is jabbed with shots, eyes are gooped with antibiotic ointment and the heel is poked to get a drop of DNA-containing blood. With the passage of the Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007, signed into law April 24, 2008, the blood will be collected and warehoused for scientific research.[1] Parents have little or no say in any of these events. (see my previous article, “Who Owns Your Child?”)

Vaccination is promoted by an industry that capitalizes on fear and the perceived necessity of the procedure has become multi-generationally entrenched. We have been programmed by the medical community and the media to believe that everyone – children and adults -- will become sick, and likely die, unless they are vaccinated. This explains why not vaccinating can be unfathomable to new parents who are unreasonably terrified of what were considered normal childhood illnesses only a few decades ago. The majority adults over 50 years of age remember having measles and the chickenpox. Both were mostly mild diseases, lasting seven to fourteen days, and leaving behind lifetime immunity.

And even though chickenpox is rarely fatal, most parents opt to vaccinate. Merck & Co. estimated that as of December 31, 2007, 80 to 85 percent of all four to six-year-olds had received two doses of Varivax®, at one year and a booster before school.[2] With little attention on the problems with the chickenpox vaccine cited in the media, most don’t realize that it can cause harm. Research shows that nearly 1 in 5,000 children who receive the chickenpox inoculation develop shingles within ten years of being vaccinated. Shingles, an intensely painful, blistering rash, is most commonly seen in the elderly or the chronically ill. It was rarely, if ever, seen in healthy children before the introduction of this vaccine. Other serious side effects, such as seizures, pneumonia, and anaphylaxis (a severe allergic reaction), have been reported as a result of Varivax. Before it became available, about 50 children died every year from rare or unusual complications of the chickenpox. Put in perspective, 53 children died in drowning accidents in the [U.S.] state of Georgia in 1999.

Vaccination has been cited as one of the ten greatest public health achievements of the 20th century. However, it doesn’t require an advanced degree in science to grasp that the public health accolades, celebrating high vaccination rates and low infection rates, have lead to serious health consequences across the globe. Vaccine ingredients seem to be playing a substantial role.

Problems With Vaccine Ingredients

Gelatin, one of many ingredients in vaccines, is known to cause allergies and asthma. Allergies are now the most frequently reported chronic condition in children, limiting activities in four out of 10 children. Asthma, the second most common chronic childhood disease, affects more than one child in 20. The combined healthcare costs of asthma and allergies have soared to more than $25 billion/year.[3] Vaccines that contain gelatin include chickenpox, MMR, Boostrix (teen pertussis booster), Tripedia (DTaP) and the adult shingles vaccine, Zostrix. Vaccine gelatin may be contributing substantially to the skyrocketing incidence of, and expenditures on, asthma and allergies.

Another vaccine additive, formaldehyde, can interrupt the normal function of the immune system. A colorless, pungent-smelling gas, formaldehyde can cause watery eyes, burning sensations in the eyes and throat, nausea, difficulty in breathing and asthma attacks when exposed to amounts as small as 0.1 parts per million. It is listed as a hazardous chemical on eight federal regulatory lists and considered to be one of the ten worst compounds on the ecosystem and health. Between 10 and 20 percent of general population has a reaction coming in contact with formaldehyde. Topical exposure can cause a mild reaction, such as dry skin and redness. The California Indoor Air Quality Fact Sheet states there is no known threshold level below which cancer risk does not exist.[4] The World Health Association (WHO) recommends that an exposure should not exceed 0.05 ppm or 0.05 mg/kg. So, for 12 pound baby (about 5kg), the maximum exposure should be below 0.25 mg. But with the current schedule, children receive more than ten times that amount, more than 3.5 mg, if they receive every mandated vaccine. Vaccines that contain formaldehyde include DTaP, polio, influenza, hepatitis A and hepatitis B.

Thankfully, mercury (in the form of thimerosal) has been removed from most vaccines. However, measurable amounts are still found in multi-vial flu shots, tetanus boosters, Energix-B (hepatitis B vaccine), Menomune (college meningitis vaccine), TriHiBit and Tripedia (both DTaP vaccines), and Twinrix (a combination hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccine). Trace amounts remain in many more. Countless children have developed autism and there is strong evidence that their brains were injured by the preservative thimerosal.

Follow the Money

Positioned as a loss leader, vaccines appear to be the economic drivers of both the medical and the pharmaceutical industry. A loss leader is a business technique in which a less-expensive product is sold or given away for the sake of offering another product at a greater profit. This common practice is utilized to introduce new customers to a product, to build a new customer base and/or to secure future recurring revenue. Using a loss leader is more than just a nifty business trick - it can be a very successful economic strategy when executed properly. The classic example of a loss leader is the sale of razor blades. Companies like Gillette essentially give their razor units away for free, knowing that customers will buy their replacement blades, where the company makes all of its profit, for as long as they use the razor.

Vaccines play a similar role for the drug companies. The cost of a vaccine is relatively inexpensive compared to the billions of dollars spent on medical interventions, medications—and even more vaccines—dispensed as a result of a vaccination side effect.

Consider this example: the potential consequences of an inoculation with one of the two newly approved vaccines to prevent a rotavirus diarrheal infection, RotaTeq® and Rotarix®.

Side effects listed on the package insert for RotaTeq include diarrhea, vomiting, irritability, fever, wheezing and coughing. RotaTeq has also been associated with bloody stools, a warning sign of a serious complication called an intussusception. Triggered by the vaccine, intussusception is an event where a portion of the bowel slides into the next, much like the pieces of a telescope, causing an obstruction. Swelling, inflammation, and decreased blood flow to the fragile lining of the bowel cause the intestine to die. Between February 3, 2006, when RotaTeq was licensed, and January 31, 2007, twenty-eight cases of intussusception were reported in infants who received RotaTeq in the U.S. Sixteen of the 28 infants required hospitalization and surgery on their intestine.

In February, 2008, the FDA issued a warning that there was a "statistically signficant increase in pneumonia-related deaths and seizures" associated with the other vaccine for rotavirus infection.[5] To reduce the risk of pneumonia, doctors promote the pneumococcal vaccine, Prevnar®. A side effect of Prevnar, as listed in the package insert, is ear infections, increasing the use of antibiotics. The many rounds of antibiotics required to treat recurring ear infections can cause serious bowel problems, leading to blood tests and evaluations by the pediatric gastroenterologist. The cause of all these additional problems is rarely indentified as a side effect of a vaccination.

All of this can result from a Rotarix or a RotaTeq shot, given to avoid a common infection that most children contract, and recover from uneventfully, by the time they are three years of age.

Another example is the hepatitis B vaccine, given at birth, can cause diarrhea, vomiting, and dyspepsia (a condition associated with gnawing or burning stomach pain and persistent vomiting). Tiny children receive x-rays, undergo procedures such as endoscopy, and are given adult medications such as Prilosec® or Nexium® to resolve their discomfort. Unfortunately, since the dyspepsia is not recognized as a vaccine side effect, additional dosages of the hepatitis B vaccine are administered, often compounding the problem.

Vaccines are the bedrock of expanded illnesses, skyrocketing medical costs and exponential drug sales. But it is more than individual vaccines that are cause for concern. The sheer number of vaccines children now receive between birth and six years of age is staggering and include: Diphtheria (a rare throat infection), pertussis, and tetanus (the DTaP shot); Haemophilus influenza type b (the Hib vaccine); measles, mumps, and rubella (the MMR shot); pneumococcus (the Prevnar vaccine); polio (three strains); rotavirus (five strains); and individual vaccines for hepatitis A, hepatitis B, chickenpox, and meningitis. Flu shots (three strains) are now given annually, beginning at six months of age. That adds up to 113 vaccine antigens by kindergarten given in about 33 shots.

Parents are becoming wary of the many needles being jabbed into their precious babies at the tender age of two, four and six months. In response, the drug companies are combining several vaccines into a single injection. Comvax (hepatitis B and HiB), ProQuad (MMR and chickenpox), Pediarix (DTaP, polio and hepatitis B) and two newly approved vaccines, Kinrix (DTaP and polio) and Pentacel (DTaP, polio and HiB) have been developed. Parents are deceived into believing that the combination shots are fewer vaccines; they are not: The number of jabs is reduced, but the number of antigen doses remains the same.

A significant problem with the combo shots is that, in the event of an adverse reaction, there is no way to determine which component caused the problem. This eliminates the ability to refuse additional doses of a particular vaccine. The ability to make a claim with the Vaccine Injury Compensation program is likewise negated.

For adults who believe the days of deciding about vaccines are over because their children are now teenagers, think again: Teenagers are the new target market for the vaccine industry. Boosters are being recommended for vaccines given before five years of age and the new teen vaccines, Gardasil (for cervical cancer) and Menactra (for college-type meningitis), are being heavily marketed by doctors and the media. The additional vaccines add substantially to the total number of vaccine antigen. If little girls receive all doses of all recommended vaccines, they will have received 156 vaccine antigens and about 45 shots by middle school. Boys, not yet approved for Gardasil, receive slightly fewer: only 144 vaccine antigens and about 42 shots.

Many more vaccines in the pipeline will put teens and adults in the industry crosshairs. In 2007, adult-teen vaccine sales overtook pediatric sales, the first time ever, accounting for 50.6% of all revenues. This development has been attributed to robust sales of influenza vaccines and the success of Merck’s advertising to promote Gardasil for the HPV virus. Gardasil alone posted $1.5 billion in sales in 2007.[6]

And yes, it’s about the money. In addition to driving revenues as a loss leader, the newer vaccines are driving revenues through direct sales of expensive vaccines. According to Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News,[7]

In 2007, the world market for preventive vaccines totaled $16.3 billion, up more than 38%, from $11.7 billion, in 2006. The market is predicted to increase at a compound annual rate of 13.1% during 2008. This growth rate is unheard of in other drug categories, especially since this is expected to be a challenging year for the pharmaceutical industry. Few other drug categories will see as many new product introductions and such public-policy attention.

In 2007, global sales of pediatric vaccines exceeded $8.0 billion, an increase of 25.2% over 2006 sales of $6.3 billion. This high growth was due in part to continued heavy gains of Wyeth’s pneumococcal vaccine, Prevnar, as well as the introduction of Merck’s, RotaTeq….This will result in an overall market expansion of 14.2% per year from 2008 to 2013, with total sales reaching $18.8 billion at the end of the forecast period.

Vaccines are promoted as a way to boost the immune system. It only stands to reason that injecting multiple doses of pathogens and measureable amounts of chemicals taxes the immune system instead of enhancing it. I’ve observed in families who have more than one child and have chosen to vaccinate the first, but not subsequent children, the younger siblings seem to come down with fewer infections and are much healthier overall. I don’t believe that’s a coincidence.

Preventive measures aimed at enhancing health can be incorporated into simple, lifestyle changes. Here are a few helpful suggestions:

• Staying away from white (refined) sugar and opting for healthy foods and sugar-free snacks is the first step.
• A high-quality, sugar-free, multi-vitamin/multi-mineral supplement is recommended for all ages, too, not just for picky eaters.
• The benefit adequate sleep has on health cannot be overstated. Without adequate sleep, the body is much more susceptible to illness. Toddlers need up to 14 hours a day of sleep, but they typically get only about 10½. Children between the ages of three and six need at least 10 to 12 hours per night; between seven and twelve years of age, 10 hours; and teens and adults need at least 8 hours. Most children get far less; and parents need to enforce bed times for their children, and for themselves.
• Provide your family with clean, filtered water.
• Encourage regular—but not obsessive—hand washing.
• Make sure to get away from the TV and the computer several hours a day to run and play outside. Exercise stimulates the immune system and has a whole cascade of positive effects.

Persons who investigate both sides of this issue rarely continue vaccinating. That speaks volumes. If you do decide to “Say No to Vaccines,” you’re not alone. Thousands of parents who have experienced first-hand the consequences of vaccination, including autism, are not looking for “something to blame.” They are begging other parents to learn about the risks before they proceed. Learn to trust your intuitive sense and investigate the full spectrum of the vaccination issue. You’ll be glad you did.

Footnotes:

1, Bush Signs Bill To Take All Newborns' DNA. Critical Analysis.
2, Conference Call 4Q 2007. Merck & Co
3, Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
4, Formaldehyde in the home. Indoor Air Quality Guideline
5, FDA Executive summary pharmacovigilance review. March 14, 2008
6, “Adults Now Drive Growth of Vaccine Market,” Bruce Carlson. June 1, 2008
7, Ibid. Bruce Carlson

© 2008 - Sherri Tenpenny - All Rights Reserve
and newborn DD Gianna
and our zoo:

Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaJoy View Post
Also, to note what many have said about vaccines not being linked to autism ... I'd like to say something that I think MOST will understand. IF the government or whoever it may be finds (or has already found) that autism IS linked to vaccines, they would NEVER tell us anyway, that would be extreemly confidential records, why you ask?
If the government releases that information I believe more of our nation would turn against vaccines, therefore creating an outbreak of disease. The US would then seem to be a 3rd world country with so much sickness and disease. So IF they know that the 2 are linked, or if they ever find that its true, the population would never know about it.

Just my opinion, but I think most would agree that the government would keep that top secret.

I agree, I don't know if we will ever find out if vaccines are linked to autism or not.
If they were, the public health officials would not be too willing to disclose that, as it would sent our country into a state of panic about vaccines. Who would want to vaccinate any longer?

Brooke
The Following User Says Thank You to BStroh For This Useful Post:

Tags
autism, vaccines