Children And Doctors Where Does It End?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2005, 05:08 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

Angie has posted more than 400 great deals!Angie has posted more than 400 great deals!Angie has posted more than 400 great deals!Angie has posted more than 400 great deals!Angie has posted more than 400 great deals!
Children and Doctors where does it end?

My life:

Tuesday: child is up with diarrhea all night long sleeps in doorway to make it to bathroom.

Wednesday: child is on couch all day and makes frequent trips to the bathroom and up the whole night again

Thursday: child seems better until time for Softball and then starts all over again but manages to get through night

Friday: Child pukes. Call the Doctor and get an appointment for that day. Now child is bouncing off walls and having a good time with sister!? What I made two phone calls to get her in to see the doctor. Now she seems fine??

So now what cancel appointment and she feels bad later and cant get a Saturday appointment (if I do this my husband makes me feel like a bad parent)

Or

Go and feel like an idiot because there is nothing wrong with my child?

Ok I felt like a huge idiot and she was perfectly ok after she puked and hasn't had a single symptom since.

Always happens every time I decide I need to take my kids to the Doctor.

Had to get this rant out of my system. My kids drive me crazy when they are sick!

Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2005, 05:35 PM

RE: Children and Doctors where does it end?

My Mood/Status:
skyesmom has posted more than 300 great deals!skyesmom has posted more than 300 great deals!skyesmom has posted more than 300 great deals!skyesmom has posted more than 300 great deals!
Would rather take the appt Friday than possibly have a miserable kid all weekend. Besides, you are definitely the first parent to have gone and the kids be fine and you won't be the last. I've had it happen plenty of times!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:51 PM

Gone crazy, be back later

ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!
That happens to me ALL the time - plus the kids always get sick Fri. afternoon...so I have to decide, should I call & try to get them in that afternoon or early the next AM for sick kid hours (then it will be nothing or they'll be fine by the time we get there) or should I just wait & have them be sick all weekend? Argh!
Old 06-12-2005, 06:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
skyepet5 has posted more than 25 good deals
been there done that

It happens to parents all the time. My oldest has asthma so Iam there all the time and it seems like he is better (when he has a cold) by the time we r there but I always go and see what is wrong, rather be safe than sorry.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:59 PM

HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
short simply answer to your title.... age 18 {{HUGS}}
Old 06-12-2005, 07:56 PM

Loves her friends :)
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am not sure about the 18 HH...my Jerry is going on 20 and I still take it upon myself to make his doctor's appointments...or he would never go.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:36 AM

twinmom

twinmom has posted more than 1 good deal
My oldest DS is 23, and he also never goes to the doctor/dentist unless we #1 beg him, and #2 pay for it! The only exception to this rule was when he went to the ER after seriously injuring himself in a fall off his bike. So, I guess it goes on forever!

Darn, I was hoping for an end, too...I have four preschoolers behind DS! We have two asthmatics and go to the doctor so much the receptionist knows me by my voice. Friday afternoons are our specialty as well.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:08 AM

crazy
Mama G

My Mood/Status:
cashio5smama has posted more than 200 great deals!cashio5smama has posted more than 200 great deals!cashio5smama has posted more than 200 great deals!
Same thing happens to me constantly.... And it wears me slick!

My daughter's (6yr) eyeball was swollen the other day. Freaked me out. Never seen anything like it in my life... By the time I drove her 30 miles to the doctor the swelling had went down and they told me it was allergies???? My brothers and I have had allergies our whole lives. Anybody ever seen this before??? Her eyeball was swelled out enough to make her face look deformed????
Old 06-13-2005, 10:25 AM

Grounded for Life

Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Don't know if this may help some of you with allergy and asthma--may send coupons with the brochure!
<a href="http://oz.valueclick.com/r/hs0291020/a0183715/0" target="_top">Sign up for a personalized doctor discussion guide. The guide will help you keep track of your allergic asthma symptoms and will help you discuss them with your doctor.
</a>

Tags
children, doctors, end