Over Did It I Fear

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 09:13 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Trish has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Trish has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Trish has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Trish has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Trish has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Trish has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Trish has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Trish has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Over did it I fear

Ok all you moms (adn dads) out there, I think I over did it.

My sis is pregnant (first time aunt for me )and I have been going for all the baby deals now for about 5 months. Her baby shower is in a few weeks and I think I have over did it. I know you guys are probably the wrong ones to ask.......and I must say I am soo proud. Here is what I got:

50+ Trial size J&J bath products (powder, shampoo, wash, lotions)
10 boxes of Huggies washclothes
10 5 packs of Gerber Onies in sizes from newborn to large
15 baby tees from Target's One Spot Sale in various sizes
30+ full size baby bath products (Baby Magic, J&J, Huggies, Gerber)
20 J&J Buddies Bars
Various bottles from that Sassy freebie and other freebies
2 things of Emfamil
26 packages of diapers (mostly newborn and size 1 &2 from CVS)
15+various brands of wipes
2 DVDs and 2 CDs of Baby Enstien
4 diffient fisher price toys (a pooh lullaby, the the 3 different ocen wonders things)

All togehter I spent 98.22. Now how to get it asll to the shower?????? Any creative wrapping ideas?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 09:25 AM

RE: Over did it I fear

JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
great job trish.esp. on the wipes and diapers.
maybe a little over on the shampoo,really doesn't take much,but your sis is going to be happy

just put it all in a crib and wrap that up
Old 06-02-2005, 09:30 AM

AFC Star Member

jennbrz has posted more than 150 good deals!jennbrz has posted more than 150 good deals!
Could do a hamper or 5.... ha Ha
Old 06-02-2005, 10:14 AM

crazy
Mama G

My Mood/Status:
cashio5smama has posted more than 200 great deals!cashio5smama has posted more than 200 great deals!cashio5smama has posted more than 200 great deals!
Why were you not my sister when I was pregnant???????????

Great job!!!!!!!!!That will help your sister out a bunch!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:47 AM

Gone crazy, be back later

ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!
Wow! Fantastic job! Ignore Rick on the shampoo thing, it doesn't go bad! And, it can be used for bubbles once the baby is old enough to want them! My guys weren't in the little sizes of diapers for long, so don't open all of them up!

Now, after having said that, maybe you could make a diaper cake and use the sample sizes of stuff for decoration? That won't solve your whole problem, but it would make a really cute center piece at the shower!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:51 AM

AFC Star Member

lewisvillegirl has posted more than 100 good deals!lewisvillegirl has posted more than 100 good deals!
I love the diaper cake's! They are so cute. Maybe you could take a picture of some of the other stuff, and put the picture somewhere on the diaper cake..
Old 06-02-2005, 12:02 PM

loves free groceries!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My sister went overboard on clothes when I was preggo.

She found a dresser at a garage sale. Stripped it and refinished it. Then she put all the clothes she had bought in it. She draped a table cloth over it at the shower and then 'unveiled' it when it was time for me to 'open' her gift. And when I say overboard on clothes: the dresser has 2 big drawers and 2 small drawers. ALL 4 drawers were craaaammed with clothes. You could barely open the drawers there was so much clothing.

So, that said, maybe you could do some type of creative wrapping that would also be storage for her? I know many of my friends and myself have needed those storage totes to store clothes in. Maybe buy a couple and fill with goodies? Then she will not only have all the goodies, but will have a way to store all the bigger clothes for baby.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:30 PM

Grounded for Life

Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Barb has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
If you have any of the rubbermaid coupons, those make great storage/toybox/hidealls. I would put everything in the rubbermaid, and put a diaper cake on top. I agree with everyone that however you wrap it, make it some sort of storage. In my living room, every table has a drawer and under them are colorful baskets. I have two HUGE wicker hampers placed in the main room that hold all sorts of toys. Once you have kids, you can NEVER have enough places to stuff their stuff!
Old 06-02-2005, 02:37 PM

ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!
GREAT idea! Storage totes help keep me sane! The big plastic buckets with handles are great for throwing toys in & the ones with lids are awesome for storing clothes/toys that they've grown out of or need to grow into!

I fondly remember the time when Jake was just a little guy and all his toys fit in ONE MILK CRATE and I just moved it to where ever we were, put him on his tummy on a blanket, he would just stay right there & I could do things around the house...now my house looks like Santa's storage shed. Oh well...
Old 06-02-2005, 05:23 PM

loves free groceries!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywine
The big plastic buckets with handles are great for throwing toys in
Yep...remember when we used those buckets for beer kegs? Or at least went to parties where that was the main function for those buckets? :cheers:
Old 06-02-2005, 07:12 PM

AAAAAHHHH, the good old days! :cheers: yep, I remember that!

Tags
fear