I'm Scared To Feed My Baby Table Food!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 10:00 AM

RE: I'm scared to feed my baby table food!

is always on the lookout for Panda Bears!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrn View Post
Yes, I do know CPR. I think that everyone who has a child should!
I agree, it should be a requirement before you can leave the hospital! LOL It is amazing how many people do not learn this simple, lifesaving skill.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 10:18 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslukebrown View Post
awesome, babym i was right there with you on the dairy stuff i kept being told no dairy and then i felt like a rebel by getting him this jar of babyfood called Muesli with Yogurt and raisins. ROCK ON now im going to try some jello and some yogurt!!! thanks guys <3
The information is so conflicting! Some stage 2 baby foods contain things like yogurt and heavy cream, but yet I am being told not to feed DD these foods! What is a new mommy to do?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:56 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
erinlooneybin has posted more than 100 good deals!erinlooneybin has posted more than 100 good deals!
I made up a little toddler pasta mix for my daughter with veggies (I cooked them in chicken broth, but you could totally do water since it didn't add anything to the taste) and overcooked pasta. I topped the servings with a little pasta sauce and she LOVED it. If you're concerned about the chunks of veggies and pasta being too big or texture-y (totally a word), you can blend them in a mini food processor or blender until they are less chunky.

PS: I think that is part of the problem with your daughter, she wants more texture and probably wants to eat what she sees *you* eating, but she needs to learn how to handle those strange new feelings in her mouth. I'd start with table foods, but pureed until they are slightly chunkier than what you've been feeding her and work your way up until she's grabbing food off your plate and gumming it down before you can get it back from her.

My daughter is almost 10 months old and she will happily gum bread, french fries, chicken, all veggies, pizza (! I know!), tortillas, beef (this one we process pretty heavily, girlfriend's only got 4 teeth), pasta. We stopped feeding her baby food and give her whatever we're eating for dinner, compensating sometimes for the lack of teeth on her part.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:25 PM

--

My Mood/Status:
_rori has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!_rori has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!_rori has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!_rori has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!_rori has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!_rori has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!_rori has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!_rori has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!_rori has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!_rori has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!_rori has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrn View Post
The information is so conflicting! Some stage 2 baby foods contain things like yogurt and heavy cream, but yet I am being told not to feed DD these foods! What is a new mommy to do?
i think pedi's just say not to feed the baby certain things, because on average some babies may not take to the food well.

i give my dd egg whites, she does fine.
if i have milk, and a sip left in the cup, i give it to her.

i haven't given her honey though..or orange juice (this is conflicting too. one pedi says one thing, another says something different).

not saying you should follow what i say..but not every baby is going to react the way the doctor says the baby will. i've given dd just about everything, and have had no problems..
The Following User Says Thank You to _rori For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2008, 06:09 PM

is loving Kroger deals

My Mood/Status:
mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mrslukebrown has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
QUESTION --- i don't know CPR and i really would love to find a class and take it. does anyone know where i might find this at? <3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
's wife to Luke
Old 05-07-2008, 06:10 PM

Blessed
Highly motivated

My Mood/Status:
angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!angel nee nee has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
mrslukebrown, I think my local YMCA was having a class... but not sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to angel nee nee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2008, 03:23 AM

I love coupon trains
AFC Moderator

My Mood/Status:
ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!ctsunshine has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
The american red cross certifies. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's a master list of classes across the country. This link says Contact your local chapter for classes in your area...go there, give your zip code and peruse the local chapter site:
American Red Cross - Health and Safety Services

Or (this is a cool one) CPR Anytime™ for Family and Friends

HTH...

CTSunshine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I eat gluten free

Last edited by ctsunshine; 05-09-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to ctsunshine For This Useful Post:

Tags
baby, feed, food, scared, table