Potty Training Tips

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2015, 07:55 AM
Who else has SPRING FEVER?!

My Mood/Status:
Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Potty Training Tips

I am looking for your BEST potty training tips. I've seen a few books online stating you'll have your kid potty trained in 3 days... is this for real?!

TIA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ashley

I do all my mailing on Saturday.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If my post helped you, thank me!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley621 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 10:13 AM

RE: Potty Training Tips

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We're in the midst of potty training and when I was deciding what approach to take, I came across a video on the 3-day method. It is intensive and you have to have 3 full days to commit to it, as well as all people involved being on the same page. I saw it on babycenter (babycentral?). Looks like it might work if you stay with it exactly like it shows.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2015, 10:21 AM

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
This is the one I watched.

Potty training in 3 days | Video | BabyCenter

Old 03-19-2015, 10:46 AM

Who else has SPRING FEVER?!

My Mood/Status:
Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ashley621 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tratra View Post
Thanks for sharing that! Great video!

Ashley

I do all my mailing on Saturday.

If my post helped you, thank me!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley621 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2015, 11:55 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!polydoly13 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think the biggest thing I've learned is to watch for cues that your LO is ready to be potty trained. I've seen ppl push the issue and create TOTAL disasters of the situation and I've seen parents wait a little longer and have no issues at all. I've got a friend that waits till her boys are 3 but she also mentioned that her youngest is almost 3 and showing no signs of being interested in using the toilet so she's going to wait a little longer. I had one dad tell me that he bribed his oldest (don't know how old he was) with a pair of cowboy boots and the younger brother wanted to be like his big brother so he just potty trained himself.

My inlaws were informed by their daycare that she wanted their son potty trained by a certain age and he was SO not ready. It turned into a HUGE battle, he quit going #2, wouldn't go in the toilet, wouldn't go in a diaper, NOTHING!!!!!

Mind you I am a first time parent with a 13 month old, who knows what my story will be in a year or two, but I REFUSE to get myself & my son into the situation that my inlaws did. It was a miserable 6 months for them. And to be honest, they had no better luck with their twin girls a few years later.
Andrew, Mom to
(Mallory, Missy, Summer, Boo Dog, Maggie & Slick),
(George),
(Cajun, Sonny, Rooster) and of course many many
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polydoly13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2015, 12:21 PM

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
I'm pretty laid back with it. My little guy is about 27 months and he started talking about what he was doing a couple weeks ago. He's watched people going to the potty so he sort of knew what it was for. Last week we just went in and I let him sit on the "big potty". He doesn't like his little potty chair and wants to use the regular one.

So he just started on his own and we call it "making circles in the water". He's not ready yet to not be in pull-ups, but he is asking to go to the big potty all through the day, so he should get there soon.

I think the big thing with potty training in our day (as opposed to when we we kids) is these darn diapers/pull-up pants that keep them almost completely dry even when they're wet. They don't even know they're wet, so it's not uncomfortable to them. If it takes more than a month or two for my guy to be trained, I'll probably get the old fashioned training pants so he'll feel the wetness.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:01 PM

:-)
Supporting Member

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
After potty training two girls w completely different personalities, my only advice is to not push it if they aren't actually ready and remember that what works for one kid may not work for another. Don't feel like you or they are failing if it's not going well even though you're following a plan. He/she may just need a different plan! I was all gung-ho about the three day plan w my first and even though I followed it to a T, it was a disaster. I know a close friend who followed it and it totally worked for her son. I mostly followed it for my second child and it went pretty smoothly. Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post: