Fun Frugal Things To Do With The Kids!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Trying to be a Proverbs 31 woman

My Mood/Status:
brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brieclark has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wishlist Fun Frugal Things to do with the Kids!

What are some fun frugal things to do with kids?

I love having tea parties with my daughter. We put on pretty dresses, drink out of fancy glasses, and eat whatever snack we have on hand. Be sure to put those pinkies up!

Never underestimate the power of a board game! Sometimes we augment the rules a bit...

When was the last time you colored in a coloring book?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Colton
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, & Reagan

Last edited by brieclark; 01-07-2014 at 10:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to brieclark For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2014, 09:15 PM

RE: Fun Frugal Things to do with the Kids!

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Crayons and paper are the easiest way to pass the time with little ones. Draw and hang the pictures on the fridge afterwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2014, 10:04 PM

:-)
Supporting Member

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Dance! Pull out all your silliest moves! My girls get the biggest kick out of my Running Man and whatever that one is where you look like you're stirring a big pot of soup.

A quick game I found online is to gather up about ten of their small toys and put them in a pillowcase. Have them reach in without peeking and guess what they're touching. You can modify this in all kinds of ways depending on your kids' ages. After they do the items I picked they like to run around and hunt for other stuff and have me guess. It's a sneaky way of grabbing a few minutes for me to sit down and still be actively playing together.

Which reminds me, my all time FAVORITE activity is playing hair salon. I love how it feels to have my hair brushed AND I get to sit for this one too, so I will gather up every barrette I can find, a small water spray bottle, and a brush. They don't love this as much as I do so it only works about once a month and they only enjoy it if they can spray my hair wet. Small sacrifice to make, IMO.

Last edited by sar1; 01-07-2014 at 10:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2014, 06:23 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

tiyashrivasthav has posted more than 5 good deals
I like coloring. My Niece and I download coloring pages from online. Recently we downloaded angry birds coloring pages and colored. We stuck them on wall.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:06 AM

K_krose has posted more than 5 good deals
It's the small things that matter. Anytime I include my kids in my daily things to do they feel special & have fun doing so. For example, I have them write the grocery list for me. So it's a win/win situation. I get things accomplished & they enjoy being part of it.
Also, simple things.. Like a walk where you can play I spy. Take them to the park.
Another cheap thing is buy a couple of paint bottles (michael's has them for $.99) pull out some brushes, old sponges (what you have) & paper... A painting party!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:12 AM

Coupon Cutie

My Mood/Status:
slaasrs has posted more than 50 good deals
We love to dance and color, but honestly, the most fun "frugal" thing we do is literally sort our coupons together. My son is crazy, he'll ask me if I'll please print some "Right Now Mom!" even though I have no more to print at that point.