Ideas For A Playdate - Need Help!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 08:59 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Help Sign Ideas for a playdate - need help!

My son is having a friend over this afternoon and the child is extremely gifted - I mean genius. However, when my son emailed him an attached document with things they could do, the child responded with playing in the backyard. I'm great with that idea, however, it's very cold today and I imagine they won't make it past an hour.

Does anyone have any suggestions I could pass on to my son - or any ideas on how to keep them outside longer - haha!

He is a little worried about what they will do. The other child doesn't like video games, tv, legos, cars. He likes to read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 09:05 AM

RE: Ideas for a playdate - need help!

Lift while you climb

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Maybe break up the time they're playing outside. Play ball for a while, then come in for some hot chocolate. Then back outside to chase each other or climb trees or examine rocks, then back inside to play a game at the table (go fish? ). Then back outside to ride bikes or scooters, etc. That should take care of a couple hours. The inside stuff would depend on how old they are.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 09:27 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!adventure1 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
That's a good idea. They're both in 3rd grade. I think that's why it's a little tricky on the activities, they don't have an interest in playing with most toys.

, and
The Following User Says Thank You to adventure1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 09:43 AM

atev has posted more than 400 great deals!atev has posted more than 400 great deals!atev has posted more than 400 great deals!atev has posted more than 400 great deals!atev has posted more than 400 great deals!
I haven't had a 3rd grader for years and years, but if he likes to read, (and doesn't like most toys), how about pretend/dress-up? He can be in charge of the plot/storyline. They can be knights, pirates, a space-themed adventure etc. Use old Halloween costume pieces, cardboard boxes etc.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:12 PM

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
The simplest is to pitch a tent or build a fort in one of the rooms after they are done outside. It usually keeps them entertained for several hours.

3rd grade boys are like gossipy girls...
The Following User Says Thank You to ReuschHome For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2014, 12:29 AM

hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!hotrodswife has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
My child is gifted and he likes acting. Also a board game
Mine does not like legos or video games. He does like movies
The Following User Says Thank You to hotrodswife For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2014, 04:54 AM

qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
scavenger hunt? Give them each a list of things to look for and bring back to you from the yard or immediate area. some could be clues they need to figure out, puns, riddles, etc.

I agree with the tent in a bedroom or living room. My girls used to do that.

If you could gather up some dress up stuff like dr. coat, pirate patch, bandana, etc. and give them ideas for some play-acting. Maybe put some ideas on slips of paper and have them randomly choose: pirate takes over a ship and then a big storm comes up, who will be victorious, the pirates or the passengers

a bloody battle for the universe between good and evil, it looks as if the evil ones are going to win, but then. . . what happens to change the battle?

Then while they are making up their play to perform for you, make them some snacks based on their play. Maybe help them type out programs for their performance or help them put their story down on paper so the friend could take it home with him. Definitely video it if they let you.

One thing my girls used to do is "random debate". Each person writes down 3 different objects on 3 different slips of paper. Then you draw one out and debate with the other person why your thing is better than theirs. So it might be something like marshmallows vs. paper clips. It gets really funny. We still have some saved on our computer from when my girls were little.
The Following User Says Thank You to qrazy For This Useful Post: