The Orange Rhino Challenge

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 06:29 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!
The Orange Rhino Challenge

Has anybody done this before? I'm mobile so I didn't do a search before posting but I thought if anyone is interested in starting this, we could create a thread here to help each other out.

This is the link with the details and any other info: http://theorangerhino.com/the-challenge-details/

Basically, this is a challenge to stop yelling at your kids. I have a 23 month old and I also have a low frustration tolerance, and it seems she is starting to copy my angry explosions and lack of patience. Baby #2 will be here any day and I want to get a grip on this ASAP. It will be hard but DH is on board and doing it with me.

However, I don't have any friends wanting to participate and I figure, the bigger the group, the better, as we can all provide support and lend an ear when someone needs to vent. I'd like to start in the next week, probably right after I bring the baby home. If anyone is interested, you can post here or send me a PM, and we can decide on the specifics once I see how much interest there is.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AFullCup

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 07:31 AM

RE: The Orange Rhino Challenge

My Mood/Status:
ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!ctacktor has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I had just read this blog last week. I'm not even sure how I found it. I am not sure that I could keep up with the thread as I go back to work soon (teacher), but if you do find others to do it I would love to hear how it works for you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
dcoupon1231 has posted more than 300 great deals!dcoupon1231 has posted more than 300 great deals!dcoupon1231 has posted more than 300 great deals!dcoupon1231 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I would be interested. I have a lot of patience but I find myself yelling at least one time every day and I hate myself for it!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!floridagirl83 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Even if you're short on time, it can be good to know there is someone to vent to and that others are going through the same thing.

Just to note, if you yell, you start back to day 0, and if it's a really bad yell, it's back to -2! So I'm under no impressions that we will all be going through this challenge on the same day, etc., we could even set different goals, but it would be great to have a group with similar interests (frugality being one) working toward a common parenting goal.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AFullCup