I Had No Idea

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 07:14 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I had no idea

My son's school nurse has such a small budget that in mid January she began buying bandaids for school use out of her own pocket.

Well I just dropped off about $105.00 worth of latex free bandaids to help get her through the end of the school year. I think it came to about 2-3000 bandaids.
I just thought I'd share this here because I'm sure others on here have a large stockpile of bandaids. I'm sure there are other schools in the same situation. I think next year when we are getting near the end of the year (and the end of our flexible spending plan) the school will be getting another batch of bandaids from me.
I'm planning to bring it up the PTO at the school too. If every family at the school who has a flexible spending plan were able to donate just a couple of boxes of bandaids it would help with their health care budget immensely. I know that the PTO regularly holds fund raisers to allow them to recompense the teachers for some of their out of pocket classroom expenses. I think a bandage drive to help the nurse would go over well.

What do you think? Is it worth a try?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lovage2 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 PM

RE: I had no idea

My Mood/Status:
tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!tharte36 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Sounds like a good idea to me. Not the same thing but my sons teacher sent home a wish.list of things for the class so I ordered the class a case of tissue, a case of disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer from Amazon. Hopefully now the other parents pitch in. but I have a feeling they either can't or won't. When the school needs things I try to give a little extra. About half way through the school year.I always send all the extra school supplies from b4 school sales to my other sons school.
The Following User Says Thank You to tharte36 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2013, 09:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!isabelpak has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Wow! How nice you are.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:46 PM

catt101 has posted more than 300 great deals!catt101 has posted more than 300 great deals!catt101 has posted more than 300 great deals!catt101 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I did the same when DS was in elementary school. I bought what the teachers needed. I also helped the nurse reatock when the district would not give her funds.
The problem I have run into around here, not just at school but in our Boy Scout troop is that the parents dont donate stuff because they expect
Me to do it for them! They think that since i am an "involved" parent, I would pick up their slack. ! I had to almost completely stop donating stuff because no one else would !!! Dont get me wrong, I love helping. It breaks my heart to see a kid lose out because their parents are cheap/lazy/crappy people ( i don't hold it against those who are financially unable). I still do help some, but not like I used to.
The last time I did anything big was when not one other parent, Not One signed up to help for a class party. The teacher told me more than one parent said " Mrs. Catt will take care if that" and just expected me to do it...
So.. I did it... Boy did I do it!!! Thise kids went home sooo hyped up on sugar and excitement!!!
I supplied the cake, cookies, drinks, games, paper good ( all coordinated to a fun theme, of course!), and even goody bags with a bunch more sugar!! I also included a little clapper toy and a kazoo in every goody bag too!!! And I taught them a few songs to show off their kazoo/clapper skills!!!

I did not really have the extra cash, but the
Kids ( and I ) had a ball!! And I KNOW the Parents got annoyed!!!
After that, I cut back to the bare minimum. Hard to do, but I just can't afford to help 30+ kids like that anymore.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catt101 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2013, 04:23 PM

My Mood/Status:
waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!waterburyk9 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Great job for the donation to someone who is grateful to get it
It is so sad that the school can not afford band-aids.... On the nice side you got to donate some of your bandaids while they were still sticky... (i opened a box and they wouldn't stick they were that old- oops)

I figure that I will be in the same boat I just graduated from college and am looking for a preschool teaching job- we shall see how much of my stock pile disappears for that. I may need to rethink my purchasing habits....