All Grown Up!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 11:44 PM
exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ok so I have 4 children, they are 31, 30, 18, and 13.

When my oldest two turned 18, it was ok. My oldest had a lot of issues bc of her bipolar, she literally woke up on her 18th birthday and left home with just the clothes on her back and no plan. Her I could write a book about! Mr30 had been working hard and had a kidney disease, but he managed quite well. DH taught him how to drive, then he moved back in with my mom in PA.

Both of those kids have since settled down and married. I have four grandbabies

Now mr18. He has Aspergers and when he was 10, DH and I were wondering who would take care of him when we were gone. In the ensuing years he has become a charming, almost outgoing young man. He's VERY responsible and honest to a fault. He's been working at a Papa Murphy's since February. He's gotten two raises and a promotion into mgmt. He has a key, as he showed me tonight. LOL

DH has been teaching him to drive, and as expected he's doing amazing. He's unflappable behind the wheel, but he has great focus in everything.

He's taking the required drivers Ed seminar Saturday (today), and will likely take (and pass) the driving portion towards the end of the week. And then I will never see him again!

Ugh! I know that's not really true but gah, I hardly see him as it is. And yeah, he has school, work and a gf (plus he builds video games on the side). He's been accepted to the college he wanted so that's a done deal.

I know it's great he's doing as he should, becoming independent, and such a superb human being... I guess I'm missing that little boy. It's insane.

I think back to a night when he was 11. He came into the living room with just a towel around his waist and said "I'm a man" to me and DH. Now you don't want to know but you have to ask "wow honey, how exactly did you find that out?". He raised his arm and showed us a single hair ROFL

It's hard to stand back and watch but to do otherwise would be wrong.

Parenting is hard :/

Last edited by Goddessoflubbock; 12-29-2012 at 12:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement