My Goodness The House Is Quiet :(

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 08:10 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
my goodness the house is quiet :(

I wonder if there are any other SAHM's here who are struggling with the overwhelming QUIET of the house, now that the kids are back at school?

It's a bit of a change for me this year, as my youngest started full time kindergarten. Last year she had preschool but it was only a few hours 3 days a week. I am really missing my little buddy I really miss having lunch with her every day.

I have been doing odd projects around the house and cleaning like crazy, and of course couponing, to try to keep busy, but it's still a long day!

Any other moms (or dads!) in the same sorry boat??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 AM

RE: my goodness the house is quiet :(

My Mood/Status:
soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I know how you feel, my kids are 17 and 15, but with their sports and jobs, not only is it quite during the day, it is now a lot of times at night also. DH and I just kind of look at each other and say what do we do now?
Old 09-30-2012, 05:18 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
My oldest is 31, my youngest is 13. This is the first time in my life I've found myself home alone! The other night DS was at band and dd was at her friends. I looked over at DH and said I guess it's time to get to know each other!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 AM

My Mood/Status:
Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Tonia has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!

funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessoflubbock View Post
My oldest is 31, my youngest is 13. This is the first time in my life I've found myself home alone! The other night DS was at band and dd was at her friends. I looked over at DH and said I guess it's time to get to know each other!!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
chickymomma86 has posted more than 200 great deals!chickymomma86 has posted more than 200 great deals!chickymomma86 has posted more than 200 great deals!
That's why I'm not in a hurry to be done having kids just yet I love my husband to death, but the kids make life exciting!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chickymomma86 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 01:04 PM

AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm feeling the same way. My boys are 8 and 5. The youngest started kindergarten this year, and I've been bored and lonely during the day! It's a little too much free time for me. I've thought about going back to work if I can find something part-time or there's always the option of having one more baby if I wasn't getting so old!

Glad to hear that others feel the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aidan&logansmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 06:28 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidan&logansmommy View Post
I'm feeling the same way. My boys are 8 and 5. The youngest started kindergarten this year, and I've been bored and lonely during the day! It's a little too much free time for me. I've thought about going back to work if I can find something part-time or there's always the option of having one more baby if I wasn't getting so old!

Glad to hear that others feel the same.
My girls are 8 and 5

I've been looking for something part-time, but we live way out in the country and the pickings are slim to none. There was one where you had to go around to different addresses and take pictures of the houses/property. I considered it for a minute, but then figured with the cost of gas, I'd probably just break even.

I also pictured some old redneck storming out of his house with a double-barrel shotgun asking me just what in the heck I was doing LOL

I would love to have another baby but I started too late in life and now I'd really be old with a newborn
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 07:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
trishmom2five has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!trishmom2five has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!trishmom2five has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!trishmom2five has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!trishmom2five has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!trishmom2five has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!trishmom2five has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I feel you mama, last year was my first year since adulthood that I was neither working or had kids at home. For the first time in 15 years I was at home alone with nothing that had to be done. It wasn't so bad with couponing, but now we have moved out into the country, and I cannot just go on the hunt.
This year I have a senior, a junior, a 3rd grade, 2nd grader and 1st grader, we live in the country outside of Bastrop, and my husband works and lives in Dallas Mon-Fri....
So Mon-Fri are really just a little depressing. We don't really know anyone out where we are, I'm alone 8+ hours a day, and the closest store is 20 miles away...the closest CVS is 27 miles away...and if they are out of stuff, I just wasted 2 ours and gas for nothing.
I'm having a terrible time adjusting to all of it, and just honestly don't know what to do with myself most days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trishmom2five For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
caribba has posted more than 200 great deals!caribba has posted more than 200 great deals!caribba has posted more than 200 great deals!
Join the club. My baby is 5 and so I am here alone all day. I am lonely bored and more. I guess it's time for me to get a life. Lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caribba For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 AM

Climb the stairs of life and never look back.....

My Mood/Status:
marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marnimae has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am looking forward to this, I need it, but maybe I will feel this way eventually. I am dreaming of a hot bubble bath for an hour or so, and to actually just relax and read a book and then take a nap afterwards.
What are your old hobbies? Before you had kids? Did you scrapbook, read, love photography, love music, like to bake, or redecorating a room by bargain hunting? Maybe you want to work a couple of hours a week, something just for you? Nice thing to do, (if you like these kinds of things) look for a beauty school, and get a mani-pedi on the cheap, or even a haircut or hairstyle, blow out on the cheap. Massage schools also offer massages on the cheap too. No one is happy if Mama ain't happy. Maybe you want another baby?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." Clive James
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wife to Tony
and mom of DS 7 yrs
and 2 yr old DS
"If the TRUTH makes you uncomfortable, you may want to ask yourself why this is so?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marnimae For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2014, 06:44 AM

Grounded for Life

tiyashrivasthav has posted more than 5 good deals
yes, My sister is also feeling like this. Niece is going to kindergarten. She is missing her a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiyashrivasthav For This Useful Post: