Holiday Party Ideas?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Having fun finding deals

My Mood/Status:
littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Holiday party ideas?

I know this is a bit early but I've always been a pre-planner. I just found out that I will be the parent in charge of the holiday parties for my child's class this year so I'm looking for ideas for a winter holiday (yes it can be christmas themed even though the party can't be called a christmas party) party. The last time I was in charge of this the kids were 6 so it was pretty easy. This time I'm dealing with 9 & 10 year olds so I need things they won't get bored with easily. We have about a 2 hour window for them to eat and do games or activities. These parties go off of parent donations and unfortunately I know from experience (I volunteer to help with the parties every year) that there is usually only a core group of parents that help out so they need to be affordable ideas.

Last edited by littleprincess; 09-17-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 05:15 AM

RE: Holiday party ideas?

Having fun finding deals

My Mood/Status:
littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
bump
Old 09-24-2012, 06:16 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

ashlybrz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashlybrz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashlybrz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashlybrz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashlybrz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashlybrz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashlybrz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashlybrz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashlybrz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashlybrz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ashlybrz has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Is that 4th grade? My son is 9 and in fourth grade, our schools have recently changed into "food free schools" meaning no food is allowed to be brought in for parties (something to do with both food allergies, and childhood obesity...they don't want the kids to associate parties with food....I don't like that but whatever) something I was thinking of is maybe holiday bingo, I'm sure you can find printable templates online, instead of numbers there would be pictures or words like ornament, or menorah, or an angel, etc and maybe since they are older you could call out clues for the words like "Jewish families light this throughout their Hanukkah celebration" etc. idk?? Hth
The Following User Says Thank You to ashlybrz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 AM

Having fun finding deals

My Mood/Status:
Yes it is. Our school has gone food free also but I believe they're still allowed to have it for their parties.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:57 PM

Having fun finding deals

My Mood/Status:
Now I really need help. I was just informed that one of the other classes does not have a parent volunteer so now not only am I in charge of this for my child's class but this other class also. I don't have and exact count of the kids but I think it will be somewhere around 50.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 PM

xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I just read online about playing the game Heads Up 7 Up but instead they play Candy Canes Up - heres the link where I found it in case you were interested.

http://m.voices.yahoo.com/easy-schoo...s-4755046.html
The Following User Says Thank You to xoamandaleigh4 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:14 PM

xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!xoamandaleigh4 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
A craft you could do with them is to make snowflakes - cut them out of folded up paper. Idk if they are too old for that. Lol was just thinking of things we did in school yearss ago haha.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:18 PM

I was looking up some ideas to help you out came across guess whats in the stocking. Heres the link to the game

http://childparenting.about.com/gi/d...tmas-games.htm

Hope its okay to post those links. If not please let me know & I wont post links anymore.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
How about giving them a science project and making fake snow? How to Make Fake Snow Looks pretty easy and affordable.
I'd go with a SNOW theme and maybe have a bunch of games. I like the "guess what's in the stocking" and Bingo variations that were suggested above. Why not make a relay race where they have to put on their coat, mittens, hat and scarf and carry a "snowball" (crumpled paper would work) from one location to the next where they pass it to the next kid in line who repeats the whole thing with his/her own hat/gloves/coat/scarf.
You could also "make a snowman" by giving each team a roll of toilet paper, hat, scarf and sunglasses. Each team turns one person into a snowman with toilet paper and then adds the accessories
Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 PM

Having fun finding deals

My Mood/Status:
Sorry it's taken me so long to post. (It's been pretty hectic) A parent actually stepped up to take the other class so I am just back to be in charge of 1. We decided on Christmas Bingo. (found out that a lot of the kids like to play bingo) a christmas themed craft and party snacks. Each child will also be going home with a nice gift bag. Thanks to everyone who posted ideas.