Transitioning Back To School/ Tips And Advice

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 06:17 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Idea Transitioning back to school/ Tips and advice

Okay our children are returning to school and I would love some advice from you all on different things we can do to make the transition smooth. What are your tried and tested tips for saving time so that we will have more time to enjoy our families and have some me time which is very important to keep your sanity!!!
I personally used to laugh at my mom when I was young for ironing clothes for a week but now I know it is a time saver. It frees up a lot of time because I used to iron every night or if I forgot I found myself rushing and stressed out trying to get it done in the morning. So now after I wash on the weekend I just iron for the week for my children and my husbands uniforms.

If there are any scholar roll moms I would love to know how to get my honor roll children to the next level.

Thanks ladies in advance for sharing your wisdom with myself and others!
The Following User Says Thank You to jfam08 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 07:32 PM

RE: Transitioning back to school/ Tips and advice

resting after shopping...whew!

My Mood/Status:
Qponmomof4 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponmomof4 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponmomof4 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponmomof4 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponmomof4 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponmomof4 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponmomof4 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponmomof4 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponmomof4 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponmomof4 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Qponmomof4 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you pack lunches, make them the night before and put them in the fridge.

I'm reading a book called Raising Motivated Kids by Cheri Fuller, its pretty good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qponmomof4 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2012, 08:36 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
i ironed all their clothes as soon as i washed them,i would set their clothes out the night before, they would also wake up 1 hr before school so they could get their beds made and so on, as soon as they got home homework time, they then did chores, we had dinner, they went outside, around 8 they would come in take a shower and get ready for bed they would read play on the computer or watch tv, they usually went to bed by 9 or 10 the latest, keeping them on a routine is the most helpful thing u can do for them, eventhough i homeschool now the routine is the same except now they are home...

hope this helps...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweety33 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2012, 06:54 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jfam08 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
2 young ladies from my church both have 5 children who are scholars every semester are doing the exact same thing both of them restrict television, video games Monday through Friday so thier children can focus on school work. I need your prayers because I have tried this before but I caved in feeling bad that I had taken something away when in reality I was helping them because they read more. I told my children yesterday that today we were going to put this in to action and of course I got whining and pouting. But I now this will take them to the next level so I am standing firm this time it will help me get more reading done as well!
Old 09-20-2012, 02:49 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sweety33 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfam08 View Post
2 young ladies from my church both have 5 children who are scholars every semester are doing the exact same thing both of them restrict television, video games Monday through Friday so thier children can focus on school work. I need your prayers because I have tried this before but I caved in feeling bad that I had taken something away when in reality I was helping them because they read more. I told my children yesterday that today we were going to put this in to action and of course I got whining and pouting. But I now this will take them to the next level so I am standing firm this time it will help me get more reading done as well!
so how is that working out for u?
The Following User Says Thank You to sweety33 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2012, 01:17 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
First report cards all honor roll, we need to pull some B+ up to A+. My husband disagreed about removing distractions during the week but after seeing the first report cards he is now on board 100%. The great thing is my children also want to push harder so I am very happy and excited to see the zeal to be successful.
The Following User Says Thank You to jfam08 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 08:49 AM

Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Are you seriously upset over your child getting a B+?