DH And DD Getting The Best Of ME!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 08:08 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Dance DH and DD getting the best of ME!

I just wanted to write about what just happened.

My DD (10) was fighting with our DS (8), on the landing by the stairs. My DS had a tack and was playing around like he was going to prick her with it. As I came around the stairs I saw him playing with it (tack) on the floor between his fingers but my DD was still yelling that he was going to hurt her with it. I said for her to be quite (shut up) and she kept yelling at me that he was trying to hurt her. Now I'm trying to get her to shut up but she's not listening and finely after my 3rd shut up I sent her to bed. She goes throwing a fit and I following my DS and tell him what he did wrong and that's why he's going to bed.

I go down to DD room to tell her to be quite because her little sisters are coming down the stairs sleeping in their fathers arms and she'll wake them. She them goes back to pleading with me about what her brother was doing as my DH/her father is bringing the other two DD's in to sleep my DH starts to ask what's going on and I tell him. I can tell that he disagrees with the punishment I've given her but he backs me up and ask to talk to me out in the computer room by the girls bedroom. He said that he doesn't think that she should have been given that punishment and I was begging to hard on her. I get upset right away because it seems he's coming to her aid a lot and he's making me feel like I'm the one over reacting but I feel that I'm not.

I love my DD but I KNOW she's starting to play us against each other and my DH doesn't see it. She's smarter about getting what she wants and she is playing around with our feelings. My DH and I never fight in front of the kids but this last time she stopped crying when we were talking outside of the room and when my DH and I came into talk to her about her behaver some more she made a face to my DH that said "What, you're not backing me this time"! I can read her very well and I'm getting upset with how she's turning out.

What do I do to make it a better situation between her and I and my DH. I don't want to be a mom that feels angry towards a child. She's just making me mad!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement