RE: Diaper Changing

View Poll Results: Did you change your child(ren) in the middle of the night?
Yes 5 17.86%
No 18 64.29%
Yes - but only when they were younger 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 11:28 AM
learning more about AFC every day.

My Mood/Status:
jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!jbonow1231 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Baby RE: Diaper Changing

So - this came up on another thread, and it got me thinking:

Does/did anyone else wake their kids up to change diapers in the middle of the night?

I never did, I figured all of us sleeping was more important. When DS was far younger, I breastfed, so - in the middle of the night he did get changed, as that was part of the process - he got changed/checked by DH, and then I fed him.

But after I stopped breastfeeding (sadly not by choice, medical condition negatively affected my supply, despite pumping, supplements, teas, massage, you name it) and he started lasting through the night hunger wise - it never occurred to me to wake him up to change him. I figured it he was still asleep, it couldn't bother him that badly.

So - is this common, do other people do this? I guess - it just never occurred to me. If you did - did you always do this? Was it suggested? Was there a specific reason?

Feel free to provide as many/or as few details as you feel comfortable, I'm just really curious now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 11:30 AM

RE: RE: Diaper Changing

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

JenVi has posted more than 50 good deals
I didn't wake my son up in the middle of the night. If he got up to eat I would change him then. They told me when I brought him home from the hospital I should wake him to feed him. Didn't do that either he weighed 9 lbs 3 oz when he was born and if he was hungry he would have let me know.

Jen
Old 01-02-2012, 11:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!samshua has posted more than 400 great deals!
My daughter - NEVER! My son was a preemie and weighed 3 pounds at birth. Because of that we had to feed him every 3 hours for the first 3 months. So while he was awake he would get changed. I have a strict policy that you should NEVER wake a sleeping baby!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to samshua For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2012, 11:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!momabrown3 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I voted yes because, all 3 of my babys could sleep threw a huricane.My little ones were use to noise & being moved while they were asleep. So they slept right thru diaper changes.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!floflolinda has posted more than 200 great deals!
I put yes but only when they were younger. I very rarely do it now unless I notice any odd smells or stains. They were also good sleepers so I didn't have any problems with doing it.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 PM

bgsaves has posted more than 150 good deals!bgsaves has posted more than 150 good deals!
If you buy a good diaper that works well for your son or daughter they should be fine through the night. Just change them if they happen to wake up but otherwise if they are happily sleeping, why wake them?
Old 01-02-2012, 01:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!krystle527 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I said yes but only when he was young, first born. I breastfed and so he was up every 2-3 hours for the first few months. so i would just change him to make sure he was extra alert and would eat enough and then nurse him. I think it was around 6 months that he started sleeping a little longer and so i switched to the overnight diapers and wouldn't change him unless he smelled like poo!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:26 PM

momofsix6789 has posted more than 50 good deals
I have 7 children and never woke a sleeping baby, with the exception of our preemie twins, they had to be woken every 2 hours to eat and to check monitors. I never had a problem with diaper rash, all but 2 were cloth diapered. They would wake up needing changed occasionally but I never woke them. My youngest the 1 year old I am hoping will be very easy to potty train ( I am dreaming I know ) because he never wet in the morning and he sleeps a good 10 hours each night, But just an hour after getting up if that, he is bursting.
The Following User Says Thank You to momofsix6789 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 09:53 PM

jennifer.lang has posted more than 25 good deals
I changed poopy diapers just before going to bed on my sleeping daughter. I learned to do it with just the hallway/nightlight on. I would talk to her softly letting her know what I was doing and that I would be putting her back in her crib soon. She only woke up a few times, mostly when Daddy was changing her.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:52 AM

hypnicjerk has posted more than 10 good deals
I do if I wake up and DD's diaper is really wet. She's six months old. We do Elimination Communication and she's often dry through the night, though.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:03 AM

My Mood/Status:
2006jcox has posted more than 400 great deals!2006jcox has posted more than 400 great deals!2006jcox has posted more than 400 great deals!2006jcox has posted more than 400 great deals!2006jcox has posted more than 400 great deals!
yes!! could you imagine laying in wet clothes all night? I wouldn't want to sleep in it so I sure wouldn't let my babies.

Jennifer

Wife of Matt
Mother of Austin
Brayden
& Lexi

Always looking for box tops if you have any fsot please pm me!!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:09 AM

Grounded for Life

tiyashrivasthav has posted more than 5 good deals
Yes, I will change bcz sleeping with wet diaper is not good for baby.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!SPOILEDTCANGEL has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
This depends, when they woke up for feedings that's the first thing I do but now that the youngest sleeps through the night if I wake I'll check her and if needed ill do it other than that no I won't wake her up (even if she's dead tired and you wake her she will stay up a few hours) ......... She's going to be 6 months and we've never had a diaper rash, before bed with her last diaper change of the night I do put a little desitin and powder as a precaution and to wick away moisture if she does go.
to Miguel
, Mom to Destiny (17)
and Esael (15)
, We Have 5
, 1
and FINALLY after 12 years welcomed
which makes us
The Following User Says Thank You to SPOILEDTCANGEL For This Useful Post: