Frugal Presents For The Little Ones

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 08:28 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Frugal Presents for the Little Ones

I've found some new uses for those old baby socks that my kids have outgrown.

I've been taking rags (old sheet, t-shirts, whatever) and using them as stuffing to turn baby socks into cloth balls.
Simply roll up your rags into a ball shape, tuck them into the baby sock, fold the remaining sock into itself and stitch closed.
My great neice is getting a set of different colors, textures and sizes for Christmas this year. I jazzed it up a little by including one of those "rattle socks" with the stuffed shape attached to the toes. If you want to make a ball out of those I recommend reinforcing the stitching that holds the rattle onto the sock before stuffing the sock for safety's sake.

I also took a few of the socks and (same method) made them into "scoops of ice cream" for my kids play kitchen. A little felt, thread and cardboard provided "cones" and the "scoops" fit well and can be exchanged easily enough for my 2 yr old to do it herself.

And, this is a foolish one (not really a gift idea) but it's been useful for me...
My DD complains if a popsicle melts onto her hand so I cut a slit in an old baby sock and slid it over the stick. She gets to hold the stick inside a "popsicle mitten" and her hand stays cleaner. When she's done the sock just goes in the wash.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement