Rice Cereal?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 07:35 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Help Sign rice cereal?

so our 1st baby just turned 4 months and we are considering rice cereal to help her sleep through the nice and gain a little weight (shes only 12 lbs - born 7). I am soley breast feeding - no formula.

Is anyone aware of any deals out there on gerber rice cereal? I have no idea where to even start looking for this....
The Following User Says Thank You to creasad For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 07:49 AM

RE: rice cereal?

Loving AFC!

My Mood/Status:
Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!

Hi! I would suggest that you follow the forums of the stores that you shop at. Also always check out the clearance sections because you can use coupons here too (just make sure that the food isn't expired). You can do a search for "Gerber" or "baby food" in any of the forums by clicking the "search this forum/thread" in the top right hand side of the forums so that you don't have to read each post. Good luck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and artistic & talented DD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and Amaya

POSITIVE THOUGHT THREAD

Live each day - positivity, hope & love on Facebook

Lanie Bran on
Old 10-26-2011, 08:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
Rlkitson has posted more than 100 good deals!Rlkitson has posted more than 100 good deals!
There was a $1/1 Gerber SmartNourish cereal floating around but I don't see it anymore.

There is also a $0.60 Beech-Nut cereal coupon on couponnetwork, which makes it about $0.90 (Old packaging or $0.50 for new packaging) at walmart after coupon.

Unfortunately I can't link these for you yet, sorry!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:15 AM

Giggles882000 has posted more than 200 great deals!Giggles882000 has posted more than 200 great deals!Giggles882000 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I have .55/2 Gerber infant cereals. Let me know if you would like it. =)
Old 10-26-2011, 09:12 AM

is thankful for AFC

My Mood/Status:
Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!Econo-shopper has posted more than 300 great deals!
Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by creasad View Post
so our 1st baby just turned 4 months and we are considering rice cereal to help her sleep through the nice and gain a little weight (shes only 12 lbs - born 7). I am soley breast feeding - no formula.

Is anyone aware of any deals out there on gerber rice cereal? I have no idea where to even start looking for this....
Hi! First of all, you may qualify for WIC, they provide a ton of food for you and your baby. I don't qualify, but I use coupons to buy cereal. The rice cereal is very constipating and so you probably only need one box. I bought too many and gave the rest away. We moved on to baby oatmeal and multigrain cereals. The cereals are fortified with iron, which is really important because their iron reserves begin to deplete and by 6 months, they need iron fortified solids to help rebuild this. Target and Walmart has pretty good deals on these cereals. The Gerber coupons can usually be used on the organic products, too. If you haven't yet, you can go to their website and sign up, they send me coupons.

Also, my experience and from research I've done on the subject, solids do not help them sleep more. Usually if they do sleep more around this time, it's due to maturity reasons and it appears to coincide with solids. And as it went for us, constipation caused night waking and so we probably should have slowed down on the rice cereal and bananas during the first weeks. Our baby was so eager to eat the cereal, we responded to that, but he wasn't ready to drink water from a training cup and needed more hydration. Now that he can drink from a training cup at 8 mos (not sippy cup, one designed for breast to cup transition) he doesn't have as much constipation. Our doctor recommended starting at 1-2 ounces of water or diluted juice at 4 months and then 4 ounces at 6 months.
P.S. I buy Earth's Best Organics on Amazon Mom. It's the best price on their products that I've seen.
Best wishes on the solid food beginnings! What a fun and special time!
: )
Old 10-26-2011, 04:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!creasad has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggles882000 View Post
I have .55/2 Gerber infant cereals. Let me know if you would like it. =)
thanks! I found a printable of that one out there.