Special Needs

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 11:15 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Ellia has posted more than 100 good deals!Ellia has posted more than 100 good deals!
special needs

Does anyone have special needs children? I have Two DD both have special needs. One is 18 and in college has ADHD and some other problems .She makes me so proud of her all the time. Right now we are having some problems with college mainly she was thinking that college was going to be like high school and well she is getting her butt kick by life.But she knows what needs to be done and she is stepping up. so... ONE PROUD MOM!!!

My other DD is disable ,She is in a wheelchair and can't talk and has the understanding of a 4 year old. She is 13, this kid is a fighter and a handfull at times .When she was a baby we did not think she was going to make it, she never moved and had a hard time breathing and eating .Now she on the go 24/7 even in her sleep , She is starting to use a walker and starting say words.Just looking at her I am thankful for everything in my life She make me a better person for knowing her .She makes me ONE proud mom.

Now those that have a special needs child know its not all a walk in a park. Its hard some days you want to cry or hide And the system set up for these kids is a nightmare to deal with .You spend a great deal of time fighting the school or other ppl just to get the help your kid needs.So it can be a hard road sometimes , But there is so much joy too,But that with any kid tho.

So I just want to see if I can find any families like mine. If you ever want to chat or need help with IEP or school problems or just need to vent pm me .I been there or there now

Ellia
The Following User Says Thank You to Ellia For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 04:40 PM

RE: special needs

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just saw this thread. I have four children. 2 are considered special needs but all have issues. Child one is my oldest DD. She is bipolar and my DD at home is her bio child. Child two is oldest DS. He has terminal kidney disease. Currently in remission he's now 29. Ds16 has Aspergers. He has come a very long way. He is scary smart. Dd12 is bipolar and ODD. She is as smart as DS but has lots of issues and seemingly getting new ones daily! Luckily she is so academically focused that she rarely acts out at school.

I rarely sleep well - always worried about one of them!! Despite everything I wouldn't trade one of them for an "average" kid (normal is the N word in our house!).

I've been couponing for 30+ years. I can't imagine ever shopping without them
The Following User Says Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 01:03 AM

RE: special needs

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
amcgowan has posted more than 200 great deals!amcgowan has posted more than 200 great deals!amcgowan has posted more than 200 great deals!
I got the specials needs going on here too. My stepson has autism. He is high functioning and is in regular classrooms in junior high now. He is on a lot of different medication. Sometimes he can be a handful when he gets in his moods.

my 11 yr old son is what would be considered normal.

My10 yr old son has ADD and echolasia (not sure how to spell it) both are controlled by medication. He is so bad that without medication he becomes zombie like to the point he wont play, eat or anything. The echolasia causes him to mouth the words to everything he says. For example if he says " I had a good day at school" he would mouth those words quietly before saying the next sentence and does this after each sentence. With medication he functions like a normal child (no zombie behavior and no echolasia) and is academically very successful.

Then my 6 yr old son has ADHD severely plus panic attacks. The medication he is on still does very little to help him slow down. He has sucks his thumb now that he is off the pacifer since he was almost 4 yrs old, doctor said the thumb sucking was better for him than panic attack medication. So I deal with weird looks when my 6 yr old sticks his thumb in his mouth.

All that being said " I would not trade my life for any other".
The Following User Says Thank You to amcgowan For This Useful Post: