Do You Ever Feel Like A Bad Mom?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 05:48 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
dreaN00bcouponer has posted more than 150 good deals!dreaN00bcouponer has posted more than 150 good deals!
Do you ever feel like a bad mom?

Hi guys, I'm drea I'm 21 and have a boy who's almost 11 months old. I work full time and so does my husband he works nights I work days. I am also going to nursing school. My son spends most of his day at his grandparents, so I don't get to see him often during the week since I'm so busy all I want is to spend more time with him. I get only a couple hours during the week to see him and the weekends. I just am so scared he's going to be confused when he's older if this keeps happening I want nothing more than to spend all the time in the world with him. I don't know what to do, I feel so frustrated and upset. I feel like he doesn't know I'm his mom and I'm scared of being a bad mom.
The Following User Says Thank You to dreaN00bcouponer For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 PM

RE: Do you ever feel like a bad mom?

is 3 12 shifts at the hospital

My Mood/Status:
walterl2 has posted more than 300 great deals!walterl2 has posted more than 300 great deals!walterl2 has posted more than 300 great deals!walterl2 has posted more than 300 great deals!
don't worry! I did the same thing. full time work, nursing school (no dad, which made my mommy guilt that much worse). My daughter stayed with her grandparents a lot. Now, almost 2 years later, she has such an amazing bond with her grandparents that i would never want to have missed. she is content and happy. There was not confusion (except that she occasionally called her puppa dad). These amazing kids know who their parents are and they are so blessed to have a set of grandparents who love them with all their hearts too.
So much love and affection can never be a bad thing

Single Mommy to the most amazing 4 year old girl that anyone could ever ask for!
The Following User Says Thank You to walterl2 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 PM

Newbie Here but Not There!

My Mood/Status:
bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!bhickman1 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Deja vu!
I started nursing school when my daughter was 6 months old. I worked full time at night, 12 hour shifts fri sat sun and many times picked up during the week. I felt awful about it, missed her sooo much and felt guilty. I went for 4 years.
She is 7 now. Beautiful, smart, well adjusted, and we are as close as we could get. She doesn't even remember those days. And better yet, I have all the time in the world for her now, and can provide a comfortable income and lifestyle for her.
At the time, I thought it would never end. I may have missed out on some things, but it was the BEST choice I could have made for her.
You are a GREAT mom. Completely selfless. Congrats and I am SO proud of you! You don't realize how proud you will be when you walk across that stage and look down to see his smiling face.
I did it because of my daughter. I tell her she saved my life and made me grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using AFullCup

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to bhickman1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2011, 06:13 PM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My mom did the same thing you are doing right now. Worked full time and went to school for nursing. I was 3-6 at the time she was doing all of this and I spent A LOT of time with my grandparents. I LOVED being with them and never thought anything of it. I thought it was normal!

You're baby will love you no matter what. I know you feel guilty but just think of what you will be able to provide for him when you are finished with school! You will be a mom with a career in an AMAZING field! And he will have you to look up to as someone who sacrificed to give him a better life.

Chin up girl - you are doing the right thing for your family by giving them the best future possible!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
Old 10-14-2011, 02:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
dreaN00bcouponer has posted more than 150 good deals!dreaN00bcouponer has posted more than 150 good deals!
Thanks you guys I guess I just need to focus on my goal and what it will mean for us all as a family in the end and how much more time I'll have for him then and how much easier it'll be to provide for him and his future siblings I just get sad that I can't see him as much as I want but since I'm doing it for him I guess it's not so bad when you look at it that way.