SAHM Of 3 Or More- How Do You Get Out?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 10:41 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!GwenythOwensMama has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
SAHM of 3 or more- how do you get out?

If you have 3 kids, or more, how do you make outings work?

My DS is very "spirited"... He wanders a LOT. He will automatically try to escape from me anywhere we go. He knows how to unbuckle his bear backpack leash harness. He doesn't listen very well to me when we are out- no matter how much I talk to him about it- like something snaps and he is a wild man and the whole time at the store turns into him being in time out. He is 3.5 years old. Just the other day, DS escaped out of my backyard and my neighbor found him playing by a busy 2 lane road. Even when my DD1 is in Kindergarten, I never take my DS and my youngest DD out anywhere. It is downright scary to think about that. So, we never get out. I would have liked today to go to Carter's and used my 20% off coupon, because they are having 30% off clearance too, and 50% off the whole store.... Nope couldn't go because I would have had to bring my DS and my DD1. My DD1 of course is not an issue because I have a carrier I would wear her in, but my DS is of course an issue. I am regretting my decision to not put him in a 2 day a week, 2 hour a day pre-k... But it would have required me to perform certain functions with him at the school and then I'd have to find childcare for my infant, and then the cost of the pre-k too was an issue...

I'm at a loss. Right now, my DH takes off from work when I need to take my infant to the pediatrician. Otherwise, I am responsible for the kids all day long.

I'd like to sign my DS up for a swim class, but then I'd want to be in the water with him- and what do I do with my infant?

I'd like to take my DD1 to an after school activity- but then what would I do with my infant and my DS?

See my dilemma? How do you Moms of 3 or more do things like this? Do you have family around to help? I have no friends or family around, so I'm going stir crazy. I'm too introverted to go out and meet people. Oh, and we have no money to hire a sitter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Independent Thirty-One Consultant and SAHM to:
DD: 9
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS: 6
DD: 3
and
: due in Mach 2015!

Last edited by GwenythOwensMama; 09-02-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 11:22 AM

RE: SAHM of 3 or more- how do you get out?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I could have written your post! I have a 5year old, almost 4 year old, almost 3 year old, and a 3month old. Life is CRAZY and I feel your pain. It is sooo hard to do anything - every time I try to take the kids anywhere and do something fun it ends up me yelling and/or crying (the other day my son rammed our cart into a wine rack at Walgreens - thank god the bottles didn't break!)
I have no advice unfortunately esp since you said you have no friends or family around
. If I lived near you I would trade babysitting with you!

What about a MOPS group? (or maybe they are called something else other places? stands for moms of preschoolers - you could maybe meet some other moms that way and help each other - i would go, but we live 35 minutes away from ours so I would literally drive there and drive back to pick up my DD from preschool and I can't justify the gas cost just to go to town for that and not run other errands)