What Are Good Childrens Clothing Brands?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!
What are good childrens clothing brands?

I am sick of buying cheap clothes that look terrible after just a few washes. What brand names should I be looking for? I've Learned even LL Bean's quality isn't what it used to be.

Thought I better clarify, BIG kid clothes I have a 5 and 11 yr old I know where to go for baby clothes

Last edited by Satori; 08-27-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 04:03 PM

RE: What are good childrens clothing brands?

mclaroc has posted more than 100 good deals!mclaroc has posted more than 100 good deals!
That is a very good question. I feel the clothes i bought from Carter's and Osh Kosh are ok considering I buy them at clearance, during the wrong season, and with a coupon ! Some Baby Gap dresses I bought at thrift stores are well made (lined and well cut), but they are special occasion dresses and are not worn very often. I'm curious to hear what other people have to say.
The Following User Says Thank You to mclaroc For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 04:47 PM

amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!amyw05 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I personally love Gymboree for my kids!!! Now dd is 5 and prefers Justice ds is three so now he's hard on his clothes so Gymboree is not for school instead Target for that and my baby boy I do Gymboree mostly... Love Gap and TCP too some OldNavy
The Following User Says Thank You to amyw05 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 05:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!fairysaver has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I buy wrangler jeans for the boys, childrens place shirts, old navy occasionally, GAP, and other brands I wash in cold water, dry on low and use a gentle detergent. I dont have issues with fading or any stretching even when I buy walmart, target and kmart stuff. I also check material, stitching, and thickness too because even expensive brands can have low quality.
The Following User Says Thank You to fairysaver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 06:05 PM

My Mood/Status:
tiptonfam has posted more than 200 great deals!tiptonfam has posted more than 200 great deals!tiptonfam has posted more than 200 great deals!
We buy the wrangler and faded glory jeans and shorts mostly from walmart. We get alot at old navy too and target. I have a 12
Year old that got a school year and a
Half out of his school shirts from old navy. I wash all of those kinds of things in cold and don't dry anything, I hang all of our good clothes to dry. My kids usually grow out of stuff before it gets faded and ugly.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiptonfam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 08:48 PM

Loving Football Season!

My Mood/Status:
tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!
For my 10 year old DS, I buy all of his shirts at TCP, Old Navy or Gap. Fortunately he prefers plain things without graphics which I think look nicer longer. His jeans are OshKosh (I think these just go up to 12) & Old Navy and they look great until he wears holes in the knees, so I look for $8 or less and I buy a bunch.

Hanna Andersson is great quality and will last through several kids (with great resale value) but it is expensive. I wait for the big outerwear sale and buy my kids coats and stuff there--totally worth the $$ for those things. They get at least 2 years out of them b/c of the way they are sized. I also prefer their tights for my girls. They wash extremely well and last a long time. I can always resell them for a decent amount of $$ too.

Everyone I know raves about Justice and I have not been very impressed. The seams fall out and the tights are horrible. I tossed them after one wear It gets harder to find things at yard sales in bigger sizes, but when I find great brands, even several sizes too big, I buy them and store them. Ralph Lauren is another good one to find used. Happy shopping
The Following User Says Thank You to tresositos For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 08:56 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I buy DS clothes off season when they go on clearance. The good quality ones are Gap, Osh Kosh, and Children's Place. There are also plenty of good buys @ Kohl's.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 09:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
When my kids were small i use to buy it at children's place...the best quality/design for the money..
The Following User Says Thank You to goldie39 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 10:30 PM

Loving Football Season!

My Mood/Status:
tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!tresositos has posted more than 400 great deals!
Oh-and he loves Tony Hawk stuff at Kohl's. Me, not so much, but I guess he's the one that has to wear it He has a few things that he wears all.the.time and they have held up to his abuse. I always hang his fleece and hoodies to dry though.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have a 4 year old son and we LOVE Gymboree too. There is a Gymboree outlet where we live and when they stuff gets marked down - its quite reasonable. Also the sister store of Gymboree is Crazy 8 and they are pretty good too. (Crazy 8 is comparable to Old Navy in quality of being the sister store of Gap)
And I also have to say I love H&M... unique european styles and the jeans seem to really hold up for us - plus the cotton shirts are SUPER soft and wash well.
The Following User Says Thank You to chorsegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 11:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!
The Childrens place for sure for your wee one, sign up for their emails and u will get 25% off coupons all the time and can use those on clearance too! Awesome jeans are like 20 bucks they call them "premium denim" styles and then with 25% off its 15.00...they last a year too!!! 11 year old...77kids....or even Aeropostal??
The Following User Says Thank You to rdubow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 11:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!rdubow has posted more than 400 great deals!
Childrens place longsleeve shirts -many to choose from will be like 8-10 dollars and short sleeve like 6! Wash EASY...I never seperate and dry EVERYTHING! and they never need ironing! Mind u...I ADORE GAP but budget shopping, even with sales they are more than Childrens place.
The Following User Says Thank You to rdubow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2011, 05:57 AM

AFC Star Member

simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!simba123 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've not seen anyone list Land's End. My best friend gave me hand me downs from her 2 kids and both of my children wore them and I passed them on to someone else. They looked just as good when I gave them away as when I got them. I know this was years ago but the quality of the other clothes I buy has't changed so I would think the children's wear would still be the same. Oshkosh was the other brand we liked too. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to simba123 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2011, 06:38 AM

Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!Satori has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simba123 View Post
I've not seen anyone list Land's End. My best friend gave me hand me downs from her 2 kids and both of my children wore them and I passed them on to someone else. They looked just as good when I gave them away as when I got them. I know this was years ago but the quality of the other clothes I buy has't changed so I would think the children's wear would still be the same. Oshkosh was the other brand we liked too. HTH
Sadly Lands End's quality took a nose dive several years ago They were bought out by kmart and the quality is now just a step above kmart The last time I bought from them was 5 years ago? Very dissapointed:/
The Following User Says Thank You to Satori For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2011, 06:40 AM

procrastinating
Consistently NOT smarter than a fifth grader

My Mood/Status:
tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tnmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
When I can, I go to the outlet malls. They seem to have them in towns where we go for vacation, etc. The discount cards, sales, special events can really help at the outlet mall. I shop their clearance and love OshKosh and Levi's Outlet for kids your kids' ages.
I love Kohl's because they have good sales and DS loves those Tony Hawk hoodies and pants, but DS just outgrew the section. I just got him a nice polo shirt there for $12 minus a mailed $10 off coupon!

I shopped Gap Kids clearance at your kids' ages, but I generally don't like their clothes once you have to switch to the regular stores.
The Children's Place has not impressed me.
Justice has nothing I would use
Limited, too's clothes tend to be expensive and pade, pill, etc.
Old Navy is only good for pants and PJs. I have found that Land's End has declined since merging with Sears. LL Bean has not been a big part of my shopping, but I was just looking on their site last night for some long sleeved knit shirts and layering shirts.
Garage sales don't seem to be good at their ages. I like them for summer clothes for just playing in, but back to school...not so much. HTH

Last edited by tnmommy; 08-29-2011 at 06:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tnmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2011, 06:54 AM

is thankful for AFC and my family & God!

My Mood/Status:
sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetiepiepie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I agree tony Hawk clothes are great for kids 8 and up. They hold up well, my 2 boys like these as well. We usually get them from Kohls.

IDSO: McD's Monopoly Stamps for free food items. PLMK if u have some to trade
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetiepiepie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2011, 08:11 PM

For those that hang their clothes to dry. How to you hang them? Line or hanger? How do you keep them from getting horribly stiff? Here stuff gets so stiff it hurts to wear.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:39 PM

Loving Football Season!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
For those that hang their clothes to dry. How to you hang them? Line or hanger? How do you keep them from getting horribly stiff? Here stuff gets so stiff it hurts to wear.
I use liquid Downy in every load and I hang everything on hangers in my basement laundry room. I have padded hangers for things like sweaters and just use regular hangers for everything else. They usually dry overnight and I never have problems with things being stiff, even jean skirts and stuff.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:19 AM

My Mood/Status:
chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!chorsegirl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We dry all our stuff on a wooden slatted drying rack. Once its completely dry I throw the clothes in the dryer on fluff - no air to soften up a bit (usually less than 15 minutes) and we are soft & good to go