Do You Regret Your Bundle Of Joy- Secretly?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 06:13 PM

RE: Do you regret your bundle of joy- secretly?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I am curious if the OP ever came to a decision on what he would like to do?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 06:37 PM

hoping for a good day

My Mood/Status:
foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!foreveretc has posted more than 400 great deals!
I think you seem pretty set on having one, and only you can make that decision...

My story is I never knew if i wanted kids or not... my DH did not want kids. but like you said, accidents happen! He ended up having 2 kids with his (now) ex wife and although he loves them dearly, he never wanted kids. He had a vasectomy because he was in a horrible marriage and did not want to bring any more kids in such an unhappy lifestyle. Fast forward to us, he says now that he realizes he wants to have a baby with me, that its different than before because he loves the place he is in his life, and the person he is spending it with. thats the type of life a child should grow up in, not the one he was living before

I still go back and forth on whether or not I want kids and I am 28! you still have time to decide. and there IS always the chance of a reversal if you change your mind later in life. Having kids is not for everyone, but I do fear that you will change your mind later when you are in a different 'place' with someone you care very much about
Old 12-05-2011, 06:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!pro_well has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I can tell you that I have never thought that it would be better without my kids! I'm sorry you and others feel this way about having kids. I do beleave that any girl you find should know up front that you want NO kids!!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:37 PM

leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seirith
I am curious if the OP ever came to a decision on what he would like to do?
I think eventually the right decision for me would be to have the vasectomy and as one person suggested, freeze the sperm.

It's just that from an early age the idea was already in me that having kids was not my ideal life. And as I continually say, if I have the operation and then change my mind I could always adopt a child at birth or one from foster care. I don't need my genes in a child to love it any more or less. There are way too many "fathers" who like to create children but don't like to support them!

Adoptive father to a huge stockpile of goodies

ISO a bad woman!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leYGar For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2011, 01:06 PM

Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Seirith has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
leYGar,

I think you have made a great decision. I feel the same way you do, if my husband and I ever wanted kids I would rather adopt but at 29 and 32 we have no desire for children at all. There are so many children who *need and want* a home. To me adoption should be everyone first choice.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:27 PM

leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!leYGar has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seirith
leYGar,

I think you have made a great decision. I feel the same way you do, if my husband and I ever wanted kids I would rather adopt but at 29 and 32 we have no desire for children at all. There are so many children who *need and want* a home. To me adoption should be everyone first choice.
Too bad you're taken! ;-) Lo!!!

Adoptive father to a huge stockpile of goodies

ISO a bad woman!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:15 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!hazmatgirl has posted more than 200 great deals!
I REGRET the father MANY, MANY ,MANY TIMES ......But not my bundle of JOY
Old 01-07-2012, 08:00 PM

too blessed to be stressed

My Mood/Status:
catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Baby Wait until you have teenagers!

I cannot believe that EVERY parent of a teenager has not regreted their choice atleast ONCE!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:52 PM

I'M BAAAACK!

My Mood/Status:
deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!deneisetorres has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
I cannot believe that EVERY parent of a teenager has not regreted their choice atleast ONCE!
Nope, never regretted them for a moment. However, I did have to keep reminding myself of these wise words a friend once told me. The teen years are the years that God gives every parent so that when the child is actually ready to go, you are ready to let them!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:35 PM

Spring, spring, spring!

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
FWIW, my SIL felt the same way you do. She never wanted children. She had some painful medical issues in her 20s and begged for a hysterectomy. She saw 3 different doctors and all refused to it on a woman under 35. She had a surprise pregnancy at 30. She doesn't believe in abortion but had a mental breakdown while pregnant, she was so scared. Fast forward, my nephew is a happy, healthy 6 year old and my SIL a good, happy mom. She loves him very much and is glad to have him. That said, she probably wouldn't have had children if not for the accident and she would have been perfectly happy. But she is also very happy as a mom and glad she had my nephew. I know you are trying to prevent accidents and hopefully you can but you just never know what will make you happy in a few years. Having options open to you can be a wonderful thing. Good luck deciding!
and wife to C, the most caring man in the world

Positive Thoughts