Bday Party Games?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2005, 05:01 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Gone crazy, be back later

ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!
Bday party games?

I have the soon-to-be 4 year olds b-day party coming up in 2 weeks. In the past, the kids have been pretty happy just to play, but I'm thinking this time, I'd like to have something organized for them to do (especially since this is the first year "drop off" will be an option)...There will probably be about 10 of them, mixed boys and girls. If the weather is nice, I'll let them out on the deck to blow bubbles, but I can't count on that! Thanks for any help!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2005, 05:13 PM

RE: Bday party games?

AFC Star Member

Angie has posted more than 400 great deals!Angie has posted more than 400 great deals!Angie has posted more than 400 great deals!Angie has posted more than 400 great deals!Angie has posted more than 400 great deals!
A fishing game were they win a prize is good for a 4 year old.

I will think about it more and try to remember what other games my kids played when they were that age.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:26 PM

loves free groceries!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Musical chairs -- but a bit organized/structured. My idea: make pairs of matching cards (decent size so they don't fall off the chair and can be seen easily). You hold ONE of each pair. Each child gets one card. Music starts and all walk around the chairs.... you too. You are walking and laying a card (face up) on each chair. When the music stops, kids have to find the chair that has the match to their card. Everyone is a winner in my version as I am not one to take a chair away. If you want there to be a prize -- they can each win a sticker for finding the right chair.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:31 PM

inmansx8 has posted more than 200 great deals!inmansx8 has posted more than 200 great deals!inmansx8 has posted more than 200 great deals!
go to your local feedmill and pick up some gunnie sacks for races they are about 75 cents each NEW. I have a prize box that I fill with all kinds of little toys I find on clearence & mcdonalds all year long. The winner gets 1st pick, 2nd Place gets 2 nd pick & so on so every one gets a pick.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:42 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
mjloves2shop has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mjloves2shop has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mjloves2shop has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mjloves2shop has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mjloves2shop has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mjloves2shop has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mjloves2shop has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mjloves2shop has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mjloves2shop has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mjloves2shop has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mjloves2shop has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Might be for a little older age group ~ but my kids love water balloon baseball!

I also buy plain paper bags and they decorate them when they arrive so they have a place to put the items they aquire (or pinata prizes) during the party.

Pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey but an easier version is to make a present cut-out. Use self-stick bows to see who gets it closest. ADVICE ~ blindfold and have a large straw (or big hat) that will fall in their face. They always cheat with a blindfold and then you have 10 winners!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:13 PM

JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
okay,you have to be real enthusiastic about this one.
divide the group up into two teams.take a regular roll of cottonelle and a double roll and have each team count the squares,then email me to let me know if it is double or not
Old 02-28-2005, 07:32 PM

loves free groceries!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA191
okay,you have to be real enthusiastic about this one.
divide the group up into two teams.take a regular roll of cottonelle and a double roll and have each team count the squares,then email me to let me know if it is double or not

ok.... that is funny!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:03 PM

ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!
Ummm, ladies and gents, we are talking about 4 year olds???? Jake gets to 20, but skips 14 and 17 'cause he doesn't like those numbers???? Mabye MA can do that at her DDs next slumber party??? :rofl:

However, it would be good to know & if it isn't, we can email Cottonelle as a group (then start doing it to all the other TP companies!)
Old 02-28-2005, 08:25 PM

HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!HollyHobby has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
A bean bag toss game. For young kids you could line the circles up and have them toss into each one successively, or for older kids you could stagger the circles and require that they make a shot into each one. This game is so versatile depending on the age/skill level of the party attendants. You can adjust the rules it fit the situation. You can even adjust the size of the circles. I always give a prize just for playing when dealing with young kids.

Buy two-three little (toys) presents and wrap them up a good number of times. Also have music on hand. Then seat the kids in a circle and have them pass around the presents while the music's playing. When the music stops have that child rip open the present as much as he/she can before the music goes back on. Keep it going around the circle till the present is opened. Then whomever opens the present all the way gets that prise. It's really fun! It's nice when you have two presents going around at the same time. It's a little hard to explain but you get the picture. I know all the children I've played this game with love it and it's wonderful for b-day parties.

ABC'S

FIND THINGS THAT START WITH THE LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET.

FIND ME
HAVE THE CHILD OR CHILDREN FIND THINGS SUCH AS A TOY CAR OR ANIMAL.

Barnyard Bingo. Create cards yourself with different animals on them. Once they get a line they should receive a prize- Prizes can be candy, little gifts.

Musical Grab Bag! Almost identical to Musical Chairs, except that it's played in front of the party table. One grab bag on the table, and whatever child ends up without a chair gets that grab bag. Prizes in bag get slightly nicer as game continues. But this way, everybody wins!

And if you hate all of those try this http://www.partygamecentral.com/default.asp
Old 03-01-2005, 08:37 AM

JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!JRA191 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
we have been getting pinatas the last few years.It is harder for the younger ones to bust it and we don't even blindfold them.haileys' birthday is later april and it's usually nice outside.With your son's being so close and it snowing today the weather probably will be a factor.
sorry about the TP one bryna,I just saw the opportunity and couldn't resist
Old 03-01-2005, 09:12 AM

I was teasing back Rick! Always remember to take anything I say with a note of sarcasm ! We did get a piniata (Spider Man), but it has strings to pull, so I don't have to worry about where to hang it so they can whack at it!

HH - thanks for the link, I've been trying to find one, but mostly I get places that want to sell me party games...

All others, thanks for the awsome ideas!

Tags
bday, games, party