A Few Affordable Gift Ideas

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 11:29 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Lovage2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Baby A few affordable gift ideas

My son has a bunch of friends and several cousins who have summer birthdays so I'm always on the lookout for a way to give a great gift for $5 or less that doesn't look cheap.

Michael's (the craft store) currently has a bunch of cute doll/stuffed animal outfits on sale. I found fairy costumes (complete with doll sized wings) for $2.99 and there were a bunch of other outfits for $2-$3.99. I'll be pairing a couple of these outfits with stuffed animals from the thrift store. The local shop I go to always has a bunch of great toys and there are usually teddy bears and such in like new condition for $1.00 or less (depending on size). I always wash stuffed animals before passing them on to the kids of course.

End result, something that looks as good as anything out of build a bear for about $4.00

I also keep an eye out for any really glitzy dress up clothes at the thrift stores. Last year 3 of his friends (girls) got gowns with matching shawls (the bottom of the dresses cut off and hemmed to make the dress not too long). A tacky silver lame shirt paired up with a foam sword, shield and helmet from the dollar tree made a great knight outfit for another friend (boy).

Another poster on this thread just gave me a great idea too! I'm going to take the popsicle stick puppet idea and run with it. I think at least one of the kids on our list will now be receiving a homemade Puppet Theater. I can easily cut out a box to be the "theater" (I've done that before) and if I can't find the characters I want to cut out and glue on I can always print the pics off the internet right?

Any other ideas people want to share? Like I said I've got a bunch of these coming up so the more ideas the better!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lovage2 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 02:23 PM

RE: A few affordable gift ideas

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
cr1999 has posted more than 300 great deals!cr1999 has posted more than 300 great deals!cr1999 has posted more than 300 great deals!cr1999 has posted more than 300 great deals!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
birthday, kids, presents