When Do You Switch From Toddler Bed To Twin Bed??

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 07:29 PM
cleaning, the task that never ends.
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!onlymadaresane has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
When do you switch from Toddler Bed to Twin Bed??

We're just kinda thinking ahead....DS will be 4 in November...and I'm not really sure when there is a good time to switch...he's almost broken a spot on his toddler bed (one of the little 1/2 rails) and we're not sure if we should replace or just buy a twin!!

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2010, 07:36 PM

RE: When do you switch from Toddler Bed to Twin Bed??

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!brandilou2 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
We skipped the toddler bed altogether for our first DS. We just put the bed against the wall and got a rail for the outside.

My 3 year old DD is in a toddler bed right now. We are going to get her a twin when she turns 4. That will leave our toddler bed empty for 2 or 3 months before the 3rd kiddo is ready for it.

I think if you take your DS to buy some super cool sheets, the twin will be a hit!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DD 3
and newest DS 2 months old
........and three little fur babies Ocho
Rocky
and Peekaboo
Old 02-22-2010, 07:52 PM

rlkim1974 has posted more than 300 great deals!rlkim1974 has posted more than 300 great deals!rlkim1974 has posted more than 300 great deals!rlkim1974 has posted more than 300 great deals!
We kind of were forced to graduate our kids or buy another crib &/or toddler bed. We have 3 kids and we moved the oldest child (at 4y old) from the toddler bed to a twin mattress on the floor and moved the middle child (at 2yr old) from the crib to the toddler bed to free up the crib for the youngest.

We left the twin mattress on the floor for about 6 months until we knew we could trust the older 2 to not seriously hurt themselves by jumping or falling off of the mattress on a regular frame.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
khev2 has posted more than 200 great deals!khev2 has posted more than 200 great deals!khev2 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I kept my oldest in crib for a long time(he had no desire to move out), but at about 2 1/2 or maybe closer to 3...I moved him to a double bed. (we had the crib that converted to toddler bed and then full size.) I skipped the toddler bed because he was just getting too big for it. I have a bed rail on it and its a tall bed, but we have never had any problems. I think its different for every kid, but it always to fun to go pick out new bedding and getting excited about a big boy bed.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
lunchablemommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lunchablemommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lunchablemommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lunchablemommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lunchablemommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lunchablemommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lunchablemommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lunchablemommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lunchablemommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lunchablemommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lunchablemommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My ds moved from crib to a twin size bed not too long after he could start walking b/c he tried to climb out of crib then. Like pp we used a long bed rail that flaps up and down.
If your worried about the transition, you could also lie to mattress on the floor until he gets used to it, then put him in the higher bed...?? (use a safety gate to keep them in the room if you have an escape artist)
Good luck!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
PaulaSue has posted more than 75 good deals!
Never used the toddler bed. Kids went form our bed/crib (nursing) to a twin bed at 1 ish. Besd was on the floor and then raised as they got older.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:17 PM

My WAGS is the BEST!!!
Black Friday, here I come!

My Mood/Status:
sevenchickadees has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sevenchickadees has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sevenchickadees has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sevenchickadees has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sevenchickadees has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sevenchickadees has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sevenchickadees has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!sevenchickadees has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
If he tends to fall out of bed, just start him on the mattress on the floor until he learns how to sleep in one spot. You know not turning circles and other crazy sleep things kids do. If he falls out of the bed with the mattress on the floor, just put some kind of padding on the open side. We always put one edge against the wall, when they were starting out.

You'll know when it's ok to put him up on a "real bed".

No worries!

Mom to:
DD 21, DS 19, DD 15, DS 14, DD 10, DS 8, DD 6
Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We bought my daughter a twin bed when she was 2. She never slept in a toddler bed. She'll be four next month and we have never had a problem. My son is 2. He never really took to the toddler bed and we bought him a twin sized bed a few weeks ago and he loves it. We've never had any problems with them falling out of the bed. With that said, I would say definitely go ahead and purchase a twin bed. If you are afraid he may fall out, you can buy bed rails.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My son went to the toddler bed at 2 and twin bed at 3. Could have probably skipped the toddler bed like other people said, but I got a good deal at a yard sale for a toddler race car bed and it was too cool not to use!

Brooke
Old 02-26-2010, 08:01 PM

Super mom of 5

My Mood/Status:
mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mommamerri has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We just switched right after Christmas.. he was getting to tall for his Thomas bed. I thought it would be a huge fight since he loves Thomas.. but he loves his bed!! He turned 4 in Feb... HTH
Amedeus (3)
and Jasiah

Central Area Kroger shopper
Old 02-26-2010, 08:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kstover0426 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
we switched right after DS turned 3. he loves it, I think he sleeps better in it also
, and greatest daughter Carmen Lucy (2yrs)
!!! And the best miracles Jordan
and Jaxon
(1 yr old twins)
Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 AM

TIRED of cold and snow!

My Mood/Status:
jomick has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jomick has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jomick has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jomick has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jomick has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jomick has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jomick has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jomick has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jomick has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jomick has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jomick has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
We went from crib to toddler bed at 18 mo, and shortly after that to twin bed. Never had any problems with falling out or getting out. There isn't really a "right" time, just when you and your child feel comfortable.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Yay for spring!
Full price? What's that??

My Mood/Status:
courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamerri View Post
We just switched right after Christmas.. he was getting to tall for his Thomas bed. I thought it would be a huge fight since he loves Thomas.. but he loves his bed!! He turned 4 in Feb... HTH
Had to chuckle about Thomas- my 3YO has a Thomas bed and he LOVES it. Every night, he "hugs" Thomas around the smokestack and says "Thomas, you're my very best friend." He might be sleeping in it until college.

The Following User Says Thank You to courtne21 For This Useful Post: