Overflowing Nightime Diapers - Solved!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 03:22 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
cowfd has posted more than 25 good deals
Overflowing Nightime Diapers - Solved!

Okay, so we have had our troubles with night diapers. Sometimes dd pees so much that she overflows and gets the whole bed wet. We have found one diaper that leaks the least, but there are still occasional problems. Sometimes it happens 3 times a week, then nothing for a week or two. It also doesn't seem to matter how much or little she drinks. Well, problem solved!

I was with my friend in Target when she was picking up Depends for her mother in the nursing home. I'm standing there and I see they make something called "Boost" it's like a giant maxi pad, only it's not leak proof - it's designed to go into the depends for extra soaking. The pee flows through the pad and into the diaper when the pad gets full. OMG!!! It fits inside the diaper perfectly - it even has an adhesive on the pack to keep it in place in the diaper. On many mornings I have found that the diaper and the pad are full, other days I have found that the pad is full but the diaper is dry.

With all of the coupons, stack coupons and offers and whatever, I can usually get them for a good price.

So for those of you who are trying to find an answer to the nighttime leaks, I thought I'd put it out there so you can try this too. The only side effect seems to be, less sheet changes and my daughter looks like she has a bigger but when she goes to bed
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cowfd For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 03:44 PM

RE: Overflowing Nightime Diapers - Solved!

My Mood/Status:
nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nikiz has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for the great tip, my dd has this problem as well, and it doesn't seem to matter what kind of diaper, they all leak at night! I will try this.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
Good luck - let me know how it works out for you!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
diaperbuttheaven has posted more than 100 good deals!diaperbuttheaven has posted more than 100 good deals!
That is a great suggestion! I have a daughter that always leaks through at night!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lauren
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thrifty wife and mother to Lelia 6/06 and Averie 6/08
Expecting a new little one 12/10
Old 01-22-2010, 06:09 PM

My Mood/Status:
rockon3314 has posted more than 300 great deals!rockon3314 has posted more than 300 great deals!rockon3314 has posted more than 300 great deals!rockon3314 has posted more than 300 great deals!
WOw that is a great idea!! I am so tired of changing 2 beds every morning. I am up to my ears in pee!!!! We have tried every diaper in the world and they pee thru everything. Even limited drinks before bed. I am off to buy these in the morning. I thought I was the only parent dealing with the peepants!
and 2yo
The Following User Says Thank You to rockon3314 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2010, 11:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
andinic_83 has posted more than 150 good deals!andinic_83 has posted more than 150 good deals!
When DD was needing a size 3 overnite diaper, (which can be a hard size to find in our area) one time I had to settle on using daytime diapers with a product called Diaper Booster Pads by Select Kids. I found these in the diaper sectioin at my local babiesrus.

Here is a link: Select Kids Baby Diaper Booster Pad - 180-Count - Select Kids - Babies "R" Us

The pack I found and bought had about 30 or so in it and I want to remember it was only a few dollars...$3.99 or so. This makes since because the package online has 6 times as many--180--and is about 6 times as expensive. Something you may want to call your local Babies R Us about before making a special trip. Hope this helps!
and one furr-baby
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andinic_83 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2010, 01:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
I also saw those pads online after I found Depends, but there is no store local to me that carries them - there impossible to find by me, and there's never any coupons for them, so in the end the Depends work out to be cheaper for me because I'd have to pay to have the others shipped. - But if you guys can find those in a store by you, they might make more sense for you.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:49 PM

elainemacky
Thanks so much. I have a disabled son and he wears 2 Depends (gets expensive) and still leaks most nights. We have tried everything. I can't wait to try this!!
Old 01-23-2010, 02:57 PM

is praying hard!!

My Mood/Status:
clfcats has posted more than 300 great deals!clfcats has posted more than 300 great deals!clfcats has posted more than 300 great deals!clfcats has posted more than 300 great deals!
Our little boy's nighttime diaper leaked all of the time too. I just used a regular sanitary pad in his diaper.........they're much cheaper than the Boosts. His diaper never leaked again at night.
The Following User Says Thank You to clfcats For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2010, 08:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clfcats View Post
Our little boy's nighttime diaper leaked all of the time too. I just used a regular sanitary pad in his diaper.........they're much cheaper than the Boosts. His diaper never leaked again at night.
I almost tried that, but I heard another mom say that her kid had sensitivity problems to the pads. Why, I'm not sure, but with my daughter's eczema I guess I got scared to try them. I even have to make my own laundry soap because she has a reaction to Dreft and all the others.

Does your son have any skin issues? Because if he does and the pads don't bother him, I might try them too.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:27 PM

Wishing for whirled peas

My Mood/Status:
esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
When my son was 2, we were wusses and let him have bottles during the night (mostly water with a little juice, but I digress). Back then we used something called "Diaper Doublers". We had to use two of them, but they did the trick.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:58 AM

is praying hard!!

My Mood/Status:
clfcats has posted more than 300 great deals!clfcats has posted more than 300 great deals!clfcats has posted more than 300 great deals!clfcats has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowfd View Post
I almost tried that, but I heard another mom say that her kid had sensitivity problems to the pads. Why, I'm not sure, but with my daughter's eczema I guess I got scared to try them. I even have to make my own laundry soap because she has a reaction to Dreft and all the others.

Does your son have any skin issues? Because if he does and the pads don't bother him, I might try them too.
Our little boy would get terrible diaper rashes when he was teething but other than that he didn't have skin issues. Have you tried ALL free & clear - it's a white bottle. That's what we always used to wash his clothes, bedding, etc. I hope you try the sanitary pads.......it's a lot cheaper!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
rosalynsmom has posted more than 5 good deals
Just a PSA

If this continues to get worse or is a problem you have only had for the last few months. Please ask you Ped about Juvenille Diabetes. My 2 year old was diagnosed last year and I wish someone had told me that.

Juvenile Diabetes Symptoms
The process that destroys the insulin-producing beta cells can be a long and insidious one. At the point when insulin production bottoms out, however, type 1 diabetes usually appears suddenly and progresses quickly. Warning signs of type 1 diabetes include:
Frequent urination (in children, a recurrence of bed-wetting after toilet training has been completed).

Unusual thirst, especially for sweet, cold drinks.

Extreme hunger.

Sudden, sometimes dramatic, weight loss.

Weakness.

Extreme fatigue.

Blurred vision or other changes in eyesight.

Irritability.

Nausea and vomiting (acute symptoms).
Children with type 1 diabetes may also be restless, apathetic, and have trouble functioning at school. In severe cases, diabetic coma may be the first sign of type 1 diabetes
Old 01-30-2010, 01:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clfcats View Post
Our little boy would get terrible diaper rashes when he was teething but other than that he didn't have skin issues. Have you tried ALL free & clear - it's a white bottle. That's what we always used to wash his clothes, bedding, etc. I hope you try the sanitary pads.......it's a lot cheaper!
All F&C is one of the ones on the list that we did try - I kept a record for the Peds derm to see if he could offer a solution. I ended up with the only thing that doesn't bother her, me or dh. And you know what, it's about 2 cents a load and so easy to make. It takes about a half hour to make 3 gallons at a time - If you doubled the recipe it would only take another 5 minutes. So I don't mind that part at all.

I will try the pads though, I'll let you know what happens - I first have to find a pad with no "plastic" type covering on it. I remember that there was one with some kind of plastic type outer coating with little holes in it - do you know which one I mean? I want to avoid that one. I don't use pads, so I haven't kept up with the differences.