Do You Take Your Kids With You To Do The Grocery Shopping?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 11:52 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

PortlandCouponFinder has posted more than 25 good deals
Do you take your kids with you to do the grocery shopping?

I don't know about all you moms out there but it seems like whenever we take our kids with us to do our grocery shopping we end up spending WAY TOO much money on impulse buys which, in turn, blows our couponing strategy and budget.

When our kids were under 5 (they're 6 & 8 now) we could leave them in Fred Meyers' Playland and do our shopping (one of the best ideas Fred Meyers ever came up with) but now they are older that's not an option.

Usually my wife can send them over to a friend's house for a playdate so we can do the shopping.

Do y'all take your kids with you when you grocery shop, or if not, what do you do with them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PortlandCouponFinder For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 12:05 PM

RE: Do you take your kids with you to do the grocery shopping?

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
not sure how the kids are driving the impulse buys, but here are some ideas...

- make sure everyone has eaten before you leave home
- try not to go when store is super-busy, more distractions!
- make a list! include what Qs you use [do this at home!]
- split the list and get done faster...2 baskets parent/kid on each...make it fun
- use the kids - runners, tally the bill, find blinkies/tearpads
- start logging the savings as a family and make a plan to do something special with it...that will drive everyone towards the same goal

I shopped with 4 boys!!!

this also teaches responsibility! by the time they were teenage drivers, I was able to send them to get the groceries for the whole family for the week!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-

Last edited by brook6; 08-24-2009 at 12:10 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to brook6 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 12:08 PM

Yay for spring!
Full price? What's that??

My Mood/Status:
courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!courtne21 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I try not to ever shop with my 2 1/2 yr old. He's awesome in a store, but I can't stay focused. Plus, if he's in the cart, there's no room for my coupon binder and I'm afraid I'll miss a deal. :<} If I have to go to the store, I try to leave work about 30 mins early and knock out my shopping on the way to pick him up from my mom's house.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to courtne21 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 12:11 PM

The early bird catches the worm!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have to bring the kids everywhere with me - they are 2 and 4. But their greatest joy is pulling blinkies and tearpads, and the free cookie from the bakery. They know they don't get candy and cookies. If there is a choice in something(which flavor of yogurt, cheese or cereal, etc.), I let my 4 yr old DD choose. At CVS, we usually get a pack of sugar-free gum as our filler, and that is their treat.

No impulse buys here - I have a list and stick to it.

FreebieMama believes in reading
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FreebieMama For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 12:12 PM

I'm baaaaackkkk

My Mood/Status:
carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
yes i have to bring my kids with me they are 4 and 3 and they are a nightmare most of the time, but I kinda like the chaos, I feel lonely when I go by myself. :-)
oh and usually my impulse buys come from my dh, who i never buy things for
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carmended For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 12:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
roggehdd has posted more than 10 good deals
I have a soon to be six and three year old. I have noticed in the last year that they have been voicing their opinions about what they want. I have tried to let them pick out one thing but it turns into saying no to ten things. I LOVE SHOPPING by myself when I can, I can sure tell the difference!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to roggehdd For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 12:13 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
if DH or big sis goes shopping, I'll take him. if not, we'll just stay home or do something else. I cannot concentrate on what I planned to buy and my computations get all messed up if its just me and DS. He is my greatest deterrent to frequent shopping and I'm beginning to appreciate those days
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brook6 View Post
not sure how the kids are driving the impulse buys, but here are some ideas...

- make sure everyone has eaten before you leave home
- try not to go when store is super-busy, more distractions!
- make a list! include what Qs you use [do this at home!]
- split the list and get done faster...2 baskets parent/kid on each...make it fun
- use the kids - runners, tally the bill, find blinkies/tearpads
- start logging the savings as a family and make a plan to do something special with it...that will drive everyone towards the same goal

I shopped with 4 boys!!!

this also teaches responsibility! by the time they were teenage drivers, I was able to send them to get the groceries for the whole family for the week!
Great ideas, thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PortlandCouponFinder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggehdd View Post
I have a soon to be six and three year old. I have noticed in the last year that they have been voicing their opinions about what they want. I have tried to let them pick out one thing but it turns into saying no to ten things. I LOVE SHOPPING by myself when I can, I can sure tell the difference!
Yeah, and this isn't lost on advertisers either! It's not surprising that advertisers start marketing directly to children at a very young age.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PortlandCouponFinder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 01:01 PM

:)
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kimmyann123 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
yes, i take my 10 yr dd and give her qs,she loves to look for the stuff,but sometimes if shes in a mood oy!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kimmyann123 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 04:57 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
i take the kids with me dd8 ds6 ds3, i feel if they dont go they wont learn how to behaveand what is expected at the store. My kids have learned if there is no coupon then there is no getting. I usually do let them get one small treat. dd8 usually wants a can of black olives and ds3 wants a penny for the horse. ds6 the middle child wants a simple candy bar. they were never given a lot of treats so they dont expect the treats. if they ever do act like i have to get them something then they get nothing. one fight and they get nothing. if they see something later in the store they want more then we walk the first treat back to its spot. after a few times they really think hard about what they want. to bad i dont have hubby as well trained.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bethaliz6894 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 05:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
my problem is not buying extra but being distracted. My 6 yo boy talks CONSTANTLY. I can't do the math in my head (if I run across a special) with my child telling me about everything on each shelf, every person in the store, the lights, the signs...you get the picture.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jingram For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 05:26 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram View Post
my problem is not buying extra but being distracted. My 6 yo boy talks CONSTANTLY. I can't do the math in my head (if I run across a special) with my child telling me about everything on each shelf, every person in the store, the lights, the signs...you get the picture.

I could have said that myself

DS is always excited about everything he sees. if he sees someone we know...."Ma...look there's Mrs M! there's the boy who rides the bike, there's Miss pretty BA...." Come here ma, I'll show you something....and so on and so forth. I'm about ready to get out the door when he starts doing this
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 05:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jingram has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post

I could have said that myself

DS is always excited about everything he sees. if he sees someone we know...."Ma...look there's Mrs M! there's the boy who rides the bike, there's Miss pretty BA...." Come here ma, I'll show you something....and so on and so forth. I'm about ready to get out the door when he starts doing this
that's exactly right!!!! You can't think when that is going on.....sometimes you just have to laugh...it is crazy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jingram For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 06:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
shanabme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanabme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanabme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanabme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanabme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanabme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanabme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanabme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanabme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanabme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!shanabme has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Absolutely! I have always taken my kids with me when I grocery shopped. They learned to shop, how to read labels, why to read labels, to look at price per ounce,use coupons, all that great stuff.

Each one would have a job on each aisle. The younger the kid, the less complex the job.
It started out before they could read with having them find a certain color box - we called it shopping for a purple box when we were looking for the raisin bran on the list. If they found all the colors on their list, they got to pick out that weeks ice cream. Later it was using a tiny memo book and pen to write down how much something was and then a calculator to track how much money mom spent. They got pretty good with their colors and using the calculator. Both of them learned to stick to the list and do their shopping job because that was how they acheived the goal of a treat or some other activity.

If they were misbehaved or insistent on an item, one warning, then no treat, on three we left the store. That only happened twice and one of them was when my DD was 16. They aren't/weren't the parents nor in control of what was purchased, my husband and I were. It was up to us to show them boundaries and stick to them.

I still take my daughter, today. She is the youngest at 22 and is finishing up her last year of college. A lot of the time, she does the shopping when I am out of town for work. Wild to hear her tell her Dad "that isn't on the list" or "we'll have to check for a coupon". I think it's funny when she tells her friends what totals are before and after Q's or pulls out Q's for places they are going.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shanabme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 06:23 PM

needs to focus!

My Mood/Status:
shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!shopalgood has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My kids are 20 months and nearly 4. I try to be super organized but when something is out I have trouble coming up with the alternative plans. I am pretty good about sticking to the list, its more common that I forget something or drop a coupon and don't realize it. I do shop where the have double carts because its still hard to keep my DD with me at all times when I am trying to read labels and prices, ect, but that isn't always possible either. I feel like I spend the whole time disaplining them rather than teaching them anything....in time. Although tonight my DS learned how to touch gently after smacking his sister upside the head and pulling her hair....It takes me at least 30% longer to shop with them and adds 50% more stress! I hope I learn to be a better mom while shopping!
Old 08-24-2009, 06:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!coupondiva55 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Actually, I used to spend more when I took them, but now - I say, if we don't have a coupon we don't get it. My oldest help me by not getting distracted from the cashier and I can keep an eye on my purchase while she takes care of the little one. She's a big help!!
Old 08-24-2009, 06:35 PM

Is couponing for my family...not TV ratings

My Mood/Status:
Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtne21 View Post
I try not to ever shop with my 2 1/2 yr old. He's awesome in a store, but I can't stay focused. Plus, if he's in the cart, there's no room for my coupon binder and I'm afraid I'll miss a deal. :<} If I have to go to the store, I try to leave work about 30 mins early and knock out my shopping on the way to pick him up from my mom's house.
If I take my 2yo with me I make him walk to make room for the binder...LOL

My husband does almost 90% of our coupon shopping since he has several days off every week. He will shop Albes early mornings or late at night {they are open from 6AM to Midnight} and I will do all the Target deals. He will generally try to get all the shopping done before the kids {2 1/2, 4 and 13} wake up or late at night while they are sleeping. I will sometimes take ONE child with me and a lot of the time my 4yo alone is fine….I give him a coupon and it’s his job to find the item, if I have the 2 little ones with me they seem to tag team me and I’m out numbered. We try to have “date” night every other weekend and one weekend we spent our time at the grocery store {LOL}

With my oldest…..she was great to shop with and we had a little deal that if she helped me find the item on my coupon I would give her the amount we saved and she would put it in her little piggy bank, it was a great little incentive for her to concentrate on helping me and not getting distracted by impulse items. Needless to say that was several years ago and it no longer works.

Last edited by Ms Coo P'on; 08-24-2009 at 09:13 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ms Coo P'on For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Coo P'on View Post
My husband does almost 90% of our coupon shopping since he has several days off every week.
It's nice to hear that I am not the only couponing dad.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PortlandCouponFinder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 07:43 PM

is truly blessed!!

My Mood/Status:
preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My girls are 15,14,12 and 6. I'd rather take the 6yr old with me than the older ones... They ask for everything. The 6yr old only ask me to get her some cinnamon pretzel sticks from Aunte Anne while we are shopping. Them older ones drive me crazy. The 12 yr old and 6 yr old always fight, so I never take them two together. Now that school is getting ready to start again, I'll enjoy going by myself and taking my time. I NEVER shop with DH ( he's worse than the kids), he wines the whole time about am I finish, how much more I got to get, flips through my binder while i'm getting things...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to preciousgirl1120 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousgirl1120 View Post
My girls are 15,14,12 and 6. I'd rather take the 6yr old with me than the older ones... They ask for everything. The 6yr old only ask me to get her some cinnamon pretzel sticks from Aunte Anne while we are shopping. Them older ones drive me crazy. The 12 yr old and 6 yr old always fight, so I never take them two together. Now that school is getting ready to start again, I'll enjoy going by myself and taking my time. I NEVER shop with DH ( he's worse than the kids), he wines the whole time about am I finish, how much more I got to get, flips through my binder while i'm getting things...
LOL! Sorry I had to laugh. That was funny!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PortlandCouponFinder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 08:26 PM

is crazy busy during her favorite time of year!

My Mood/Status:
lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I can't believe I found this thread tonight when I clicked on "New Posts"! I had the worst day with the kids (almost 4 and 1-1/2 sons). This morning we were kicked out of the vet's waiting room because they wouldn't calm down. Imagine two little boys being more raucous than yelping dogs and howling cats.

I needed to stop at CVS for a birthday card for my dad. CVS is next to Office Depot, which has a nice sale on some school supplies. DS2 was tucked safely in the stroller. DS1, however, ran throughout both stores and basically disregarded whatever I told him to do. By the time I got back to the car I was in tears.

I vow that I will not shop with them anymore unless it's an absolute necessity. And the vet (we take the cat daily for fluid injections)? We will go buckle back into carseats for the 10 minutes that we wait for the cat. Period. It was that bad.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lastocks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 08:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
jenza has posted more than 200 great deals!jenza has posted more than 200 great deals!jenza has posted more than 200 great deals!
I bring something for them to play with that they only get to play with when we go shopping. magna doodle for the 2 1/2 dd and dry eraser alphabet / addition activity for the 5 1/2 ds. If I have my list and coupons organized in advanced and only get what is on the list, alot of the time it goes okay. Some days though nothing works!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenza For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2009, 03:00 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastocks View Post
I can't believe I found this thread tonight when I clicked on "New Posts"! I had the worst day with the kids (almost 4 and 1-1/2 sons). This morning we were kicked out of the vet's waiting room because they wouldn't calm down. Imagine two little boys being more raucous than yelping dogs and howling cats.

I needed to stop at CVS for a birthday card for my dad. CVS is next to Office Depot, which has a nice sale on some school supplies. DS2 was tucked safely in the stroller. DS1, however, ran throughout both stores and basically disregarded whatever I told him to do. By the time I got back to the car I was in tears.

I vow that I will not shop with them anymore unless it's an absolute necessity. And the vet (we take the cat daily for fluid injections)? We will go buckle back into carseats for the 10 minutes that we wait for the cat. Period. It was that bad.
just to let you know, it is ok to give a time out in the store. i have only done it once per kid and i do if when they are young. the sooner you do it, the sooner they get the picture, mom isnt fooling around.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bethaliz6894 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2009, 03:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
junebug0720 has posted more than 400 great deals!junebug0720 has posted more than 400 great deals!junebug0720 has posted more than 400 great deals!junebug0720 has posted more than 400 great deals!junebug0720 has posted more than 400 great deals!
I leave my son AND my husband home. I need to concentrate on the deals and all my coupons. I do make them bring the groceries in the house.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to junebug0720 For This Useful Post:

Tags
couponing, frugal, grocery shopping, kids