My Good Sleeper Is Not Such A Good Sleeper Anymore - Help!!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
AubreysMommy has posted more than 150 good deals!AubreysMommy has posted more than 150 good deals!
Help Sign My good sleeper is not such a good sleeper anymore - Help!!

My DD (18 months) climbed / fell out of her crib on Friday afternoon. The crib was on the second to last slot. She woke up from her nap and I think she was leaning over to reach over the railing for her binkies on the floor, when she fell. We lowered the crib to the last slot, so that won't happen again. She used to be wonderful about falling asleep. There were even some nights when she would lay in the crib for an hour without making a sound before she fell asleep. But, now, she screams and cries every time I put her in the crib to go to sleep. She has also been waking up at least an hour earlier in the morning and skipping a nap (she usually takes 2).
I think the fall really scared her (and me!) to the point where she doesn't realize why she fell and is afraid it will happen again.
I am not entirely sure that the fall and the not-sleeping thing are related. But, I don't know what else it could be. There have been no other changes in our routine or anything.
Any suggestions?

Mommy to Aubrey - 11/17/07
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mommy to Logan - 9/29/09
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to AubreysMommy For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2009, 01:28 PM

RE: My good sleeper is not such a good sleeper anymore - Help!!

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sorry for the sleep trouble...

...regarding the fall, once mine could climb out of the crib, I always kept the side lowered, so if they did want to get out, they wouldn't fall from that full height

...you may need a new bedtime routine to get her used to the crib again...maybe reading or music, while she is in bed with you still in room
-
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
The Following User Says Thank You to brook6 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2009, 02:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
AubreysMommy has posted more than 150 good deals!AubreysMommy has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brook6 View Post
Sorry for the sleep trouble...

...regarding the fall, once mine could climb out of the crib, I always kept the side lowered, so if they did want to get out, they wouldn't fall from that full height

...you may need a new bedtime routine to get her used to the crib again...maybe reading or music, while she is in bed with you still in room
Thanks.
I don't think she tried to climb out. I think she was just leaning too far over. And the crib has a stationary front.
That is our bedtime routine. She is fine while I am in the room. But, as soon as I leave, she gets hysterical.

Mommy to Logan - 9/29/09
Old 05-12-2009, 02:29 PM

Happy Fall Y'all!

My Mood/Status:
Couponclipper003 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Couponclipper003 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Couponclipper003 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Couponclipper003 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Couponclipper003 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Couponclipper003 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Couponclipper003 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Couponclipper003 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Couponclipper003 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Couponclipper003 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Couponclipper003 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think children go through another round of seperation anxiety around 18 months...the fall may have jumpstarted it.....hopefully it is only temporary... You are her comfort factor . I would just try to cuddle her for a bit before bed to let her know she is safe until she gets through it...continue with all your other routines as routines are also what helps kids feel comfy. Hang in there.... it will get easier.

~ Proud Mommy to Madison & Mason (My M&M's) & Wife to Jeremy ~

The Following User Says Thank You to Couponclipper003 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2009, 02:53 PM

I'm baaaaackkkk

My Mood/Status:
carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!carmended has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
are you sure that maybe she doesn't have an ear infection or fluids behind her ear, I say that because maybe its hurting her to lay down because the fluid moves around and. causes her pain. If not I don't know what else to do my boys are terrible sleepers as babies. sorry hope things get better for you
The Following User Says Thank You to carmended For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2009, 03:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmended View Post
are you sure that maybe she doesn't have an ear infection or fluids behind her ear, I say that because maybe its hurting her to lay down because the fluid moves around and. causes her pain. If not I don't know what else to do my boys are terrible sleepers as babies. sorry hope things get better for you
I don't think she has an ear infection because she is ok laying down as long as I am in the room. It's when I leave that she gets upset. But, I will keep that in mind if things don't improve within the next few days. Thanks!

Mommy to Logan - 9/29/09
The Following User Says Thank You to AubreysMommy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2009, 03:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couponclipper003 View Post
I think children go through another round of seperation anxiety around 18 months...the fall may have jumpstarted it.....hopefully it is only temporary... You are her comfort factor . I would just try to cuddle her for a bit before bed to let her know she is safe until she gets through it...continue with all your other routines as routines are also what helps kids feel comfy. Hang in there.... it will get easier.
I have noticed that she has been more clingy lately. But, I thought babies grew out of separation anxiety by around 18 months. I didn't know they went through another round. I hope it is temporary. Thanks!

Mommy to Logan - 9/29/09
Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Good luck! We are going through a round of seperation anxiety, shyness right now and my DD will be 2 next week!! So it could easily be that, but I agree I think the fall scared her a little bit and she has to overcome that fear.
,a 2 year old
and baby girl
The Following User Says Thank You to hcsig For This Useful Post: