If You Are A SAHM, How Do You Cope W/ The Loneliness ?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 02:38 PM

RE: If you are a SAHM, How do you cope w/ the loneliness ?

we were all newbies once
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreebieMama View Post
AFC, of course! This is the only time during the day that I really get to "talk" to other adults.
AFC has really, really helped me survive being a SAHM and FreebieMama has been great at lending an ear when I need to talk to another SAHM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to NJMom For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 02:41 PM

The early bird catches the worm!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!FreebieMama has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMom View Post
AFC has really, really helped me survive being a SAHM and FreebieMama has been great at lending an ear when I need to talk to another SAHM.
Aww, thanks! You're my favorite gripe/groans/rants partner! And of course, for sharing the good news and funny stories.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FreebieMama believes in reading
The Following User Says Thank You to FreebieMama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
PeachyPeach has posted more than 75 good deals!
Don't let anyone make you feel like you are unimportant for staying home with your children. That is the most noble and loving thing a mother could do because you can't pay someone to love your children more than you.

About the boredom, you need to stay busy. Is there something that you are interested in learning about / to do? Since staying home, I've learned several "homemaking" skills that have kept me busy, saved us money, and could be a blessing to others. If there is another younger mother in your church, you could get together for playdates and lunch. Just try to keep busy and keep your perspective.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeachyPeach For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2009, 06:51 AM

Yep... there needs to be a PMS face! :)

My Mood/Status:
kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Being a SAHM is challenging in EVERY single way from taking care of the kids needs to our/your needs. I have been dealing with this problem also. I moved where I am now 3 years ago when I met my husband. Though i know the area because I lived here when I was younger it still makes things tuff since I don't really know anyone or I should say hang out with anyone. I think it makes it hard for me because we don't have a lot of money and with two kids things are difficult to try to schedule (you know what I mean)? HAve you looked into meetups.com I found a moms group there. Even though I haven't gone to one because the kids or sick or the meetup gets cancelled... its a good start!

Good luck and know that you are not a lone.

(13 months apart) and just trying to enjoy life (my crazy life)

I actually did it for 11 1/2 months! I am more than thrilled. Now she is 1... it is very sad.
The Following User Says Thank You to kallagreen For This Useful Post:

Tags
children, question, sahm