Life With Multiples (twins/triplets/etc)

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 09:18 AM

RE: Life with multiples (twins/triplets/etc)

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
nickle and diming my way to being debt free

My Mood/Status:
jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Welcome Alexia598...thanks for the info on the twins group!
Sounds like you went through a lot with your babies...but you are right...they are worth it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeanettebr For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2009, 09:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
No, that was the weird thing... my first delivery was awful. She bled out, had two transfusions and was in NICU for 2 weeks. I was a little messed up, too, I guess. Carrying and having the twins couldn't have gone smoother. I felt great the entire time. I know, it doesn't make sense. They were even experimenting with new pain treatment to help with post surgery pain and it WORKED! Seriously, there was some divine intervention there. Seriously.

It's when they started WALKING and TALKING that all the trouble started.

Oh, and did anyone else's twins poop FOUR times a day each??? ohmygoodness.
The Following User Says Thank You to alexia598 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
four? try 6-8! LOL I had 3 in diapers then and OH MY....thank goodness the guy that lived next to use worked at a baby wipe factory (honestly he did!) and he brought us baby wipes by the cases. I never had to buy any! If only we had a neighbor who made diapers *sigh*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeanettebr For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2009, 11:02 PM

My Mood/Status:
Jenn'sCup has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jenn'sCup has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jenn'sCup has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jenn'sCup has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jenn'sCup has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jenn'sCup has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jenn'sCup has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jenn'sCup has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jenn'sCup has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jenn'sCup has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jenn'sCup has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
These stories sound familiar to me!
I have twin boys. They are totally different in almost every way. They are 4 now and will be starting school in the fall....I dont know what I will do . I found out very early that I was having twins. It wasnt a huge surprise bc they run heavily in my family (and my husband's too-even tho my doc said it comes from the mother's side). However, I will never forget the moment when doc told me there was TWO and then the first u/s at 11 weeks and the tech asking me if my doc and I knew there was two...she was more shocked than I was. They were born healthy at 38 weeks. There was also another set of twin boys born here on the same day. I was so afraid they would mix them up! They are the greatest gift I could of ever got.

What is the weirdest thing people have asked you about your twins?
Me- Of course you always get the 100 a day silly twin questions when you are out. Are they twins? etc etc
My favorite, well it isnt a question but it is - I have heard sooo many people tell me "I am glad its YOU and not ME" to which I reply "ME TOO!!" I wouldn't want it any other way!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jenn'sCup For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2009, 04:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Weirdest experience thus far: a grandma was prodding her grandson to touch my girls for good luck. We were leaving the hospital (just this Thursday) after one of them had been hospitalized for asthma. Sweetest experience: the girls were so worried about each other and so pleased to be together again.

Many of my friends have been asked whether or not they've had fertility treatment. One of my friend's reaction is to crack wise and tell people they did it the old-fashioned way -- but in a less pg rated way than that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexia598 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2009, 07:31 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
jeanette, Wow you were lucky with the wipes! I'm super glad there is a good Walgreens sale on diapers coming up LOL!

I haven't had any weird experiences yet as we have barely made it out of the house (only to church and dinner at friends house). People do always ask us "Can you tell them apart" and our reply is "yup, except in the middle of the night when we are half asleep!"

A friend of ours gave us baby anklets/bracelets with their first initial on them. They wear them so that others can tell them apart. Did any of you do anything to identify or distinguish your twins?
The Following User Says Thank You to srvymaster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2009, 07:36 AM

we were all newbies once
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I babysat a set of twin boys when I was a teenager and the parents painted the big toes on one boy with nail polish so they would definitely know who was who as babies. Mine look nothing alike so no problem there for us.

Walgreens diapers have been a HUGE money saver for us. That's what I buy for my 3 in diapers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJMom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2009, 08:08 AM

txmomof3 has posted more than 10 good deals
Can I join? I have 4 month old twins (b/g) and a 2.5 year old girl which keeps our household quite busy!! I had the twins at 34weeks due to IUGR and both only had to stay in the NICU for two weeks. I just found this website and I love it!! Question for you ladies - how do you find time to get out of the house?!? It's like a luxury now if I even get to step outside to get a breathe of fresh air!!

Allison
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to txmomof3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2009, 08:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
Allison, give yourself a little more time getting used to things. You'll figure out how to get out and about -- and the improving weather will be more motivation. I had January babies, too, and it wasn't much fun taking them out in yucky weather.

Have to share how I tell my twins apart in public. One has a four letter name and wears pink (4 letters), the other has 6 letter in her name and wears purple (6 letters). It also works with blue and yellow. I didn't plan it this way, but it sure has been helpful for people who can't tell them apart easily.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alexia598 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2009, 11:29 AM

we were all newbies once
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmomof3 View Post
Can I join? I have 4 month old twins (b/g) and a 2.5 year old girl which keeps our household quite busy!! I had the twins at 34weeks due to IUGR and both only had to stay in the NICU for two weeks. I just found this website and I love it!! Question for you ladies - how do you find time to get out of the house?!? It's like a luxury now if I even get to step outside to get a breathe of fresh air!!

Allison
CONGRATS! I have the opposite-- 2 yo twins and an almost 4 month old. Life is interesting, isn't it?

I hardly ever go out and when I do, it's when dh is home and I can go out alone. It's hard to take twins out, especially as babies because everyone wants to stop you and talk to you about them. Which is nice and all, but your time is limited and strangers don't always get that.

So what's the strangest thing a stranger said to you about your twins? I had one lady go on and on about how her daughter has twins and how she complains all the time because people bother her in stores and keep her from getting her errands done and does that happen to me ever? Um yeah, lady, you're doing it to me right now!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJMom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2009, 10:03 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!srvymaster has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmomof3 View Post

Allison
I know exactly what you mean. We don't take the girls anywhere. Now that the weather is starting to warm up (see my pic, buffalo...snow...cold...6 mos of the year ) we have gone for a walk ONCE. DH is really great and takes care of the kids so I can shop, that's my only time out of the house. I call it my sanity time. Actually, I'm even more scared to take any of my kids out now with the Swine Flu I can't wait until it goes away.
The Following User Says Thank You to srvymaster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2009, 10:18 PM

txmomof3 has posted more than 10 good deals
The strangest thing people asked me is are they twins seeing that I had a twin stroller. I wanted to say no I just like pushing this tank around for the heck it.

No kidding about the swine flu. We've been couped up in the house for the entire week since we live in Texas and it seems that they are making a big deal out of it. I can't wait til it passes so I can go out and shop. That's the only thing that keeps me sane!!

When does your twins sleep through the night? I am so waiting for that moment!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to txmomof3 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2009, 10:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
momto4inco has posted more than 200 great deals!momto4inco has posted more than 200 great deals!momto4inco has posted more than 200 great deals!
Looks like I'm late to the multiple party. I have 5 year old boy/girl twins. I also have a 9 year old boy & a 4 year old boy. My 4 year old is big and the twins are small and so they all look about the same age. We had to use a triplet stroller for a few years & we constantly have people who think we have triplets.

We were completely shocked to find out we were having twins. I always warned my sisters that it could happen to them. None took me seriously until my sister had boy/girl twins last year.
The Following User Says Thank You to momto4inco For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2009, 01:25 PM

My Mood/Status:
My boys look ALOT alike and when they were babies I mixed them up all the time..heck they could STILL be mixed up for all I know
LOL...kidding of course...ahem..anyway one of my twins has always been a little bigger and a little taller than the other. My oldest son always knew them apart and sometimes when I was tired I'd say..Alex..who am I holding? ROFL ...Mr Rogers I ain't.
We did the color coded method to identify them...Nick always wore orange or red...Sam wore blue or green. It worked great but I worried I'd warped them when a couple years ago they took their sheets and blankets off their beds (color coded too mind you...I was anal what can I say!) and they proceeded to swap bedclothes and remade their beds in the opposite color...to this day they are still doing it that way! LOL and I STILL get the color wrong each and every time I change their sheets *sigh*
Their personalities are completely different and I don't even think about having twins anymore.
My weird stories are really about myself...people will say to me "Are they twins??" and I am like.."where? where? I can't see them!"...then realize they are looking at me

Last edited by jeanettebr; 05-04-2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typlexic...doh!
The Following User Says Thank You to jeanettebr For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2009, 02:02 PM

we were all newbies once
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Do/did anyone else's twins sleep together? My girls are 2 (just turned last month) and just started sleeping together recently. We don't have a problem with it as long as both girls go to sleep. Although if one screams, the other tends to sleep through it (I don't know how they do that! ).

Old 05-18-2009, 02:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMom View Post
Do/did anyone else's twins sleep together? My girls are 2 (just turned last month) and just started sleeping together recently. We don't have a problem with it as long as both girls go to sleep. Although if one screams, the other tends to sleep through it (I don't know how they do that! ).
That is SO cute! Occasionally, I'd find my two little girls together in one bed, but it did become a hassle -- they REALLY like to play. What I like best is finding my oldest daughter reading to both of them. it's an AAWWWWW moment.
, the princess,
, and the sweetheart
The Following User Says Thank You to alexia598 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2009, 02:37 PM

we were all newbies once
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Aw, that is cute! I like watching my twins bring toys to their baby sister! Don't you just love to watch what they do?

Yeah, they like to laugh and have fun in the crib for a bit but do go to sleep eventually.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
twin 1 has posted more than 150 good deals!twin 1 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Hi I dont have twins but I am a twin (weavexxgirl is my twin). I remember growing up, my mom was a member of a twins club in Raleigh NC. I have good memories of those meetings she would take us to. We are very close and I hope your children will have good relationships with their siblings.

twin 1
The Following User Says Thank You to twin 1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2009, 05:12 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Kristallovesmomof5 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kristallovesmomof5 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kristallovesmomof5 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kristallovesmomof5 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kristallovesmomof5 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kristallovesmomof5 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kristallovesmomof5 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kristallovesmomof5 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kristallovesmomof5 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Kristallovesmomof5 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Hi all,
I have 2 1/2 year old Twin Boys (prettymuch identicle) 9 month old girl, 4 year old boy and a just turned 7 year old girl. I so get the traped feeling one can get. dh and I split up with the twins were about 6 months and then got back to gether agian so its been an on and off thing for a while now where hes conserned.
The Twins carried pretty well except I had a life criss when I was about 6 months (because of dh) and spent a week in the hospital. They were born vbac at 36 weeks weighin in at 5.5 and 5.8 Neather one need to be in nicu. However at three months they developed baby athsma and I was in and out of the hospital with them constantly. We live an our from Town so yea its tough.
My twins have slept together sence they were born. They just recently moved into their own beds.
At the hospital the nurses put a blue cap on one and a green one on the other so thats one tell that stuck. The one always gets the blue. and visaversa.
My last little one I had via csection and then two months later had to go back in and have another surgery for a cist removal. The surgry went rough thru my last pregnacy is how I got started with AFC This computer is really my only connection with the out side world.

Mommy to 3 year old girl
, 5 year old twin boys
, 6 year old son
and 9 year old girl

The Following User Says Thank You to Kristallovesmomof5 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2009, 05:18 PM

IS STUCK IN TWIN HEAVEN
AFC ADDICT

My Mood/Status:
sherilynne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sherilynne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sherilynne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sherilynne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sherilynne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sherilynne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sherilynne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sherilynne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sherilynne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!sherilynne has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I loved reading about all of your families.

I have 14 month old B/G twins. They were born at 33 weeks 5 days. The boy Carson weighed 4.2 pounds and Caris our girl weighed 3lbs 15 ounces. Carson twin A was born first. They spent 3 weeks in the NICU.

They are as different as night and day. Carson is mild mannered and very loving and Caris is agressive and the ring leader. They have been very close and only recently have started to have disagreements... LOL

Having twins is so incredible. I love every moment it.
The Following User Says Thank You to sherilynne For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2009, 08:08 AM

we were all newbies once
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Bumping for our new twin mommies! I know there are a bunch of you out there that have joined recently! Would love to hear about your twins!