Big Boy Potty Issues

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 01:32 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
saragillman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!saragillman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!saragillman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!saragillman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!saragillman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!saragillman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!saragillman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!saragillman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!saragillman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!saragillman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!saragillman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Help Sign Big boy potty issues

Last we my ds (6) was sick and had the runs pretty bad. He would cry every time he went because he was going SO OFTEN that he was getting raw and it hurt.

Now, he refuses to go to the bathroom because he is scared that it is going to hurt. He has gone through about 4 pairs of underwear today because he keeps having accidents...it's not diarrhea, it's actual poop...I told him that he had to sit on the potty until he went, and he just cries saying that it will hurt.

We have been doing this ever since he got over the sick. I have tried making him sit, sending him every 30 minutes to try, telling him that he would get sick if he didn't go, punishing, praising for going, I have done everything I can think of to get him to go on the potty instead of his pants...he just doesn't want to go. I make him clean out his own underwear when he does it.

Is he reverting?? Is it fear?? Do I need to put diapers on him? I don't know what to do?!?!? It's making me crazy because I know it's just him NOT WANTING to go.

Everytime he needs to go...he'll sit on the floor and cross his legs and tell me he's all better and does not need to go anymore...which I know is not true, so I tell him to go try...and again, he just wont go.

What would you do?
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2009, 12:43 PM

RE: Big boy potty issues

AFC Star Member

allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!allcash has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Do you have any a&d? Or even neosporin? Maybe some ibuprofen to lessen any swelling. (Don't know if he's healed up or still physically hurting.) Lots of fiber and tons of water may help soften the stool enough to help him relax. ?? other than that, just waiting it out. I have a hard time staying calm w/poop issues--particularly "accidents"--but these difficult phases seem to turn around faster if I can keep my frustration to a minimum.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 PM

RE: Big boy potty issues

Fluent in Coupon

My Mood/Status:
jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have not been through this, but a little "cream" or medicine goes a long way with some little boys' problems. When I was young and had a sore "back door" my mom always had us put Petroleum Jelly on it.

Maybe ask the Dr. about a stool softener for a few days. That saved me after childbirth! But I don't know if you can give it to someone so little.

It's very frustrating when you know they can do this, but they're choosing to make a stinky mess instead. ~~nightmares of potty training haunting me!

Good luck!