True Mom Confessions?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 02:22 PM
:-)
Supporting Member

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
True Mom Confessions?

Has anyone seen this site featured on the Today Show this morning? It's http://www.truuconfessions.com/channels/Mom. Kind of crazy to read some of them but then there are some totally normal "I love my kids but they drive me crazy" posts. I'm not sure how I feel about this site, but I think maybe it's a good outlet to have. The one big message I get from it is that there are very few real "supermoms".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2009, 07:24 PM

RE: True Mom Confessions?

Yep... there needs to be a PMS face! :)

My Mood/Status:
kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
We are all SUPER MOMS.... regardless!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not easy to be a mom we all know that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(13 months apart) and just trying to enjoy life (my crazy life)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I actually did it for 11 1/2 months! I am more than thrilled. Now she is 1... it is very sad.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kallagreen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 07:40 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mom on the go has posted more than 25 good deals
They were talking about it on The View the other day so I checked it out. It was nice to know other people were thinking and going through the same things as me. But there was a few questionable ones.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mom on the go For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 AM

AFC Star Member

grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
most of them are funny and normal...but there was one about a lady who likes to slip into the bathroom for " a couple of drags off a joint" !!! OMG!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grace.maddie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 04:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
triciakay44 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!triciakay44 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!triciakay44 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!triciakay44 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!triciakay44 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!triciakay44 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!triciakay44 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Some of them were funny some were scary. Some of those women need counseling. I'm a mother to 3 little girls (5,4 & 2) and I'm def. not afraid to when they are driving me crazy..Geez, they outnumber me 3 to 1! I think they realize this! Anyone who acts like their children have never made them feel loony is lying to themselves. None of us are perfect but we do the best we can. I have a crazy life but I love it and I wouldn't dream of venting on a website about my children - anonymous or not.

So what is a "supermom"? Someone who doesn't get annoyed with her children? I work full time, spend my lunch breaks picking up my oldest from preschool and do it all alone the rest of the time (DH travels with his work...currently gone 4 wks will be home in another 4) and get told all the time "I just don't know how you do it". My response? I don't know how I do it either! But I love my girls and am prepared to do whatever it takes to make sure they are well taken care of and happy. I have never heard the term "supermom" but I would think it would be someone who is selfless, spends all her time caring for her family and still saves her family money by using coupons! HA! Anyone want to enlighten me on a better definition?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to triciakay44 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2009, 10:42 AM

:-)
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!TJ_2008 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
My Confession:

Being alone ROCKS!

Today I left kids and hubby at home. I went out by myself and got a manicure + pedicure. Girls,... I enjoyed every second of it!

Do you want to become an AFC Forum Leader?

Openings and requirements can be found
!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TJ_2008 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2009, 09:31 PM

Fluent in Coupon

My Mood/Status:
jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by triciakay44 View Post
I wouldn't dream of venting on a website about my children - anonymous or not.
Um, except on AFC of course!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:44 AM

Stressed
I'm always searching for a deal or Laugh..lol!

My Mood/Status:
Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I know ladies..I just feel guilty telling the hubby and Kids that mommy is at Super Target again shopping for all the free stuff.

Can you keep a secret?... only I know that I went to the Movies, Mall and grab a bite at Godiva chocolates..OMG! I'm terrible..NOT!!!

I luv my kids but I have 5 of them and 1 big kid-(Hubby) that is sometimes overwhelming..UGH..
But I luv them all to death!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atlcouponmama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2009, 06:22 AM

Fluent in Coupon

My Mood/Status:
jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Maybe we should start our own thread for Mommy confessions.

Here goes: I let my kids eat things they drop onto the floor.

Here's another: Everyone else tiptoes around during the first 3 months of pregnancy. After all, the doctor doesn't OK any excercise until we reach 12 weeks, right? Well, I ran every day with both boys until I was 7 months pregnant. I switched to walking only when I got too heavy & couldn't catch my breath. My thinking is, if running caused fetuses to abort, every pregnant teenager would suddenly be a runner!

I'm an awful mother!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:12 AM

keep on smyelin!

My Mood/Status:
bette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bette has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love the confessions! I am so glad moms are finally fessing up to what we all know is true- as much as we love our kids, we don't always love being a mom. Sometimes it just stinks. But it is considered so taboo to actually say that you dislike being a mother sometimes. I always love my family, but there are definitely times when I don't love being a mom.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2009, 11:41 AM

Stressed

My Mood/Status:
Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Atlcouponmama has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
A-M-E-N..Wow I dont think I would have the nerves to say it out loud..that's why I'm typing it now, LOL..being a parent sometimes stinks~BUT~ being a mom I truely love.

Thanks ladies for allowing me to write this confession..LOL!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlcouponmama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2009, 12:15 PM

Proud Member of the Stockpile Mafia

My Mood/Status:
sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sleepyshopper has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
OMG!!! Are some of those people complete whack jobs or what??? Okay, I admit my kids at times drive me bonkers (doesn't everyones?) but to do and say some of those things that they where saying/doing??? I feel sorry for the kids having parent(s) like that!!! I decided to have my children and I LOVE and ENJOY every second of them.....I guess I just think that is how everyone should feel about their children (even though I know some do not :-(
and Daughters
And owner of the most Beautifulest

and
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleepyshopper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2009, 08:23 PM

Yep... there needs to be a PMS face! :)

My Mood/Status:
kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bette View Post
as much as we love our kids, we don't always love being a mom. Sometimes it just stinks. But it is considered so taboo to actually say that you dislike being a mother sometimes. I always love my family, but there are definitely times when I don't love being a mom.
Thank you for saying that!!! I feel like that a lot lately... (having two kids 13 months apart and a hubby who is gone all the time). I love my kids more than anytihng in the world and to ever think of leaving them breaks my heart... really I have never left my kids for more than 5 hours at the most. The only time i left my DD was when she was in the NICU the first week of my life and I have just started leaving her for a couple hours at a time with hubby...

But sometimes I/you need a break too. But the problem is I feel guilty when I leave or take an hour to myself.

My confession: I leave my kids int he car when i go check out a garage sale!! hehe!

(13 months apart) and just trying to enjoy life (my crazy life)

I actually did it for 11 1/2 months! I am more than thrilled. Now she is 1... it is very sad.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kallagreen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2009, 05:11 AM

My Mood/Status:
alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alexia598 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I thought of a confession.

Even though the last two years have been the most difficult and trying times my marriage has ever experienced financially, and even though I KNOW we need to be a 2 income family, and goodness knows I want a new(er) car...

I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. GO. BACK. TO. WORK!!!!!

ooh. that felt good.
, the princess,
, and the sweetheart
The Following User Says Thank You to alexia598 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2009, 07:15 AM

Stressed

My Mood/Status:
OK, Say thaT Again..I dont wont to go back to work but since I have been stockpilling my hubby has lighten up and just said we can make it with just one salary.
Its not like he doesnt make enough so I will stay home and work on BA for now!

Dont feel bad~ We all have our moments hun!
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlcouponmama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2009, 07:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
bpannell has posted more than 75 good deals!
I need to say that my 1st son has speech problems and I can't help but think to myself; "If I had just picked a smarter guy..."

Horrible, I know!
The Following User Says Thank You to bpannell For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
pinkgotnerfed has posted more than 200 great deals!pinkgotnerfed has posted more than 200 great deals!pinkgotnerfed has posted more than 200 great deals!
i myself have no children but i find this post refreshing. i love honesty and your posts have made me smile. many times i have said truths i shouldnt have said but needed to. thanks to all the ladies who have posted and keep them coming
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinkgotnerfed For This Useful Post:

Tags
mom website