Cry It Out!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Yep... there needs to be a PMS face! :)

My Mood/Status:
kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Cry it out!

PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE ME OR ANYONE ELSE WHO COMMENTS BECAUSE I/WE USE CRY IT OUT METHOD!

With my first CIO worked GREAT! With my second it is taking a little longer. And I am just wondering how other parents have dealt with it. My DD who 8 months is EBF she doesn't take a pacy and she always wants to fall asleep nursing. I am trying my hardest to get her away from that but it is hard especially when I am the only one who ever puts her to sleep. I know that it is consistancy consistancy but how long am I going to have to go 30 minutes hearing her cry every time I put her down. I know she is tired to because I rock her some to the point where she is sleepy but not "asleep."

My other question is when I get this down when do i try to get her to cry herself back to sleep at night. She wakes any where from 1-3 times in the middle of the night....

Advice, encouragment.... WLECOMED!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(13 months apart) and just trying to enjoy life (my crazy life)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I actually did it for 11 1/2 months! I am more than thrilled. Now she is 1... it is very sad.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2009, 11:00 AM

RE: Cry it out!

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Fluent in Coupon

My Mood/Status:
jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
My second is going to be 2 YO in 3 weeks and he STILL cries for awhile almost every time we put him in his crib, whether for a nap or for nighttime. It's hard to hear my son crying out "mama", but I don't think he is hungry, thirsty, scared, or has any real problem aside from disagreement that it's his bedtime.

It's strange to us, because his brother really never did this - DS1 has always gone to bed pretty easily. (Though he has found a loophole now that he is older, and will get up to pee from 1-7 times every night after our bedtime routine.)

In the middle of the night, I would always wait about 1 minute before going in (unless you feel they are hurt, like a limb stuck in the crib or something). Then I would go in to make sure there is no problem, like a limb stuck in the crib. Then I just softly told them it was not time to get up, pat him a few times and tell him to please go back to sleep. They cried for awhile sometimes but gradually stopped waking up at night.

I can't remember for sure if we still nursed in the night at 7 or 8 months. Probably not. But I think I was still waking him right before I went to bed & nursing him, then he made it until morning. Example, give her the final feeding before bed, but not right at bedtime. (Like 7:00 if 7:30 is bedtime.) Then start your routine, which might include a book or songs, brushing teeth if she has any, kisses for Daddy etc. Then put her down.

At 11:00 or whatever time you go to bed, pick her up and give the nighttime feeding. She won't fully wake up but will nurse. I think at her age, she should be able to make it until morning, 6:00 or whatever time is acceptable first morning feeding. If she wakes too early, try the method I mentioned -- stick your head in to make sure she's ok, then softly tell her to go back to sleep.

HTH! Each kid and each Ma is different. Good luck!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:14 AM

Kroger Customer Service is horrible at my store!

My Mood/Status:
atcluvs2q has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atcluvs2q has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atcluvs2q has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atcluvs2q has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atcluvs2q has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atcluvs2q has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atcluvs2q has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atcluvs2q has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atcluvs2q has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atcluvs2q has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!atcluvs2q has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Hey Kalla,
Hang in there. ((Hugs)) You and Kloe are in my thoughts and prayers everyday!!! I am hoping for the best for your family and sleeptime.

Lauren, ATC Mommy to Patrick
(9), Christopher
(4 3/4) and Baby AJ
(2) and wife to Curt
I am so Blessed!

MID-ATLANTIC KROGER REGION
Coupon Class Instructor
The Following User Says Thank You to atcluvs2q For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 10:35 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hang in there!! I did the alternate CIO method with my DD when she was about 4 (ish) months old and it was torture for a few nights. We would go through our bedtime routine, then I would nurse her and lay her down while she was still awake. She of course was pissed and would cry and I would wait about 5 min then go in and gently pat her on the back and say mommy is here but it is time to go to sleep, then I would wait 7 minutes, then 10 and repeated every 10 min. It lasted about a week and gradually got shorter every night till she just automatically put herself to sleep right away.

If she did wake up in the middle of the night I waited a minute in bed and then came out and sat on the couch in the livingroom for another 3-4 min (so about 5 min altogether) and usually by that time she had put herself back to sleep. She is almost 2 and still occassionally wakes up in the middle of the night fussing but within that 5 min time period she is back out.

Don't feel bad, I still have to do the alternative CIO method everytime we go on a trip with her. We actually start her sleeping in the pack and play 2-3 nights ahead of time so that she can adjust to it and I can go in there with her every 10 min or so and just remind her it is bedtime...would rather have it at our house than a hotel or at my parents/in-laws.
,a 2 year old
and baby girl
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hcsig For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 AM

I am truly blessed!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
jhcottle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jhcottle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jhcottle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jhcottle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jhcottle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jhcottle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jhcottle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!jhcottle has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Just keep at it. It is hard and for me, painful, to hear my kiddos crying it out. But eventually they get over it and will sleep on their own.
There is no magical number of nights it will take or number of minutes to allow them to cry. Each child is different. Be strong and keep at it.
Remember that you are not hurting your child, you are teaching them a skill, how to fall asleep by themselves.

Feel the encouragement coming through this post!!!!!!!!!!!

Please give me a thanks if I've been helpful in any way!
The Following User Says Thank You to jhcottle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 02:17 PM

:-)
Supporting Member

sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!sar1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcsig View Post
Don't feel bad, I still have to do the alternative CIO method everytime we go on a trip with her. We actually start her sleeping in the pack and play 2-3 nights ahead of time so that she can adjust to it and I can go in there with her every 10 min or so and just remind her it is bedtime...would rather have it at our house than a hotel or at my parents/in-laws.
I don't know why it took me so long to figure out to do this. DD has a tough time falling asleep anywhere but in her room now and the last time we were planning a weekend trip I set up the pack and play in her room the day before so she'd nap in there. It's still not easy, but I think it has helped. (Now if only the pack and play weighed about 10 pounds less.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sar1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Yep... there needs to be a PMS face! :)

My Mood/Status:
kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!kallagreen has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcsig View Post
GREAT IDEA!!! But what in the world do you do with a 1 year old who can climb out of a crib (any) and pack and play???? That would be my son. We went to my parents last eekend and it was miserable because he wont sleep... I didn't know how to deal with it because he sleeps so well at home... I just don't know what to do when I go there now. They don't have enough rooms for us to all have our own rooms... and being there last time he woke up his sister... if only she didn't need to nurse in the middle of the night. (if she slept in a different room it would be on a different floor... I have no idea what to do I am supposed to go back in a couple weeks!

(13 months apart) and just trying to enjoy life (my crazy life)

I actually did it for 11 1/2 months! I am more than thrilled. Now she is 1... it is very sad.

Tags
baby, cry it out, sleep