Educational Software?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 06:46 AM
is couponing again!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Educational Software?

I am trying to find some educational software for my son. We are going to be pulling him out of school on Monday so that I can homeschool him. (Why Monday? So that I have time to get prepared.) He is in 6th grade and I need something that includes the basic subjects; math, science, social studies and english. I would like something that has lessons and printables, but would settle for the lessons. I can always find the printables on different websites or make my own. Also something that is not religious based. Can anyone help me? TIA

P.S. Online programs would work too.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& mom to Hunter (13)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Jake (4)
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 06:58 AM

RE: Educational Software?

is a CVS addict!

My Mood/Status:
PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Seems like we got a high school curriculum set at one of the office supply stores. It was an 8 cd set with all subjects and I do remember seeing middle school ones too. Barnes & Nobles and Borders books also carry a lot of educational workbooks, flash cards, games, etc (be sure to get your educator's card to get an additional discount on these, in GA we have to show our Declaration of Intent to get one). Teacher supply stores are also another place to look.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:04 AM

is couponing again!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!up2late2 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Office supply stores? I didn't think about them, but it makes sense. Thanks.
& mom to Hunter (13)
and Jake (4)
Old 02-12-2009, 07:10 AM

is missing her mom more than ever.
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Faith has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
You might want to check out this website.

Bird Rock Family Smart Estore - Affordable Kid's Software and DVDs

I know they have lots for younger children at really great prices. I've bought quite a bit for my nieces and nephews.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Faith For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2009, 10:02 AM

is a CVS addict!

My Mood/Status:
PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!PirateQueen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I just remembered the name of another computer based curriculum. It is Robinson's curriculum (can be found at their website, just add .com to the name +curriculum) and it covers all the grade levels in one set. I don't have any experience with this one though.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:17 AM

is couponing again!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Just wanted to update. We waited longer than planned, had a teacher conference and thought they were going to help, but no go. I decided to use Time4Learning and supplement it with printables and such. I am using edhelper for most of my printables. He seems to like the Time4Learning program so far, no fights about doing his work or anything. Just wanted to let anyone know that might be reading this thread for their own kids. Thanks for all the responses.
& mom to Hunter (13)
and Jake (4)
Old 10-04-2011, 05:19 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

snippets has posted more than 1 good deal
educational software?

We also use Time4Learning and really like it. It has printables with lots of lessons. If you see "Resource" in green right under a lesson circle, just click and print. Also, have you checked out the Parent Community (it is their forum)? There is a supplemental section by grade level that is pretty good as well as lots of other forum sections.

Joyfully,
Jackie