Please Help Me Wait...

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 03:50 PM

RE: Please help me wait...

needs a vacation!!
~

My Mood/Status:
AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!AshburnMom has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yea, I can imagine the thrill of anticipation can be double-sided after 4 or 5 years! Even the anticipation of good things can wear on you after that long! Hope it's not for much longer!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 04:01 PM

Had a relaxn weekend!

My Mood/Status:
cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
no advice on my end to you except i will say a short prayer you and your family!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and my:
bubbies!
Next Best Thing To My Family Is Coupons
The Following User Says Thank You to cddwil For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2009, 05:47 PM

is p!$$ed that I cannot edit my posts...
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Thanks...we do have some restrictions in place. Our point of view is that it is easier on the child to be with a family of the same ethnic group. Also we are restricted with some medical conditions since I am allergic to latex and cannot be around a lot of medical equipment.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:30 AM

is so tired lately!

My Mood/Status:
owutaqt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!owutaqt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!owutaqt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!owutaqt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!owutaqt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!owutaqt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!owutaqt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!owutaqt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!owutaqt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!owutaqt has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icollectcokestuff View Post
Thanks...we do have some restrictions in place. Our point of view is that it is easier on the child to be with a family of the same ethnic group. Also we are restricted with some medical conditions since I am allergic to latex and cannot be around a lot of medical equipment.
I have resisted this thread for awhile, as my husband and I had such a horrible time with this. We did adopt a girl two yrs ago after fostering her for almost four years, but it was so hard on all of us.

Try to not worry too much on the ethnic group of a child, our daughter is latino we are caucasian, never been an issue. Open your home to sibling groups that might include a girl, this can make placement easier.

Whatever you do please please please be careful with social workers, NEVER tell them anything that they do not need to know. Trust me I could write a book on the things that I did wrong but that was the one key thing that I wish I would have remembered. They will act like you are all on the same team, but trust me if they think even the slightest thing is off it will cause a lot of problems.

We were actually written up for child abuse because our foster daughter tried to throw a tv at me after she broke the window in her room, I placed the tv out the window to keep it away from her. We were told that we did not handle it right and that we should have taken the TV and sat on it to keep her safe.

It can be crazy, but it can be wonderful and it can be awesome and heart breaking at the same time. I do not mean to make you think it is not great, but I just warn you to be careful, when the state is in your business all the time it is very hard. Things you think are "normal" they find abusive or violating of a childs rights.

Please feel free to PM me anytime you need to or if you have any questions.

Good Luck and thanks for being one of a few elite people who care that much about kids.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owutaqt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2009, 06:17 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!icollectcokestuff has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by owutaqt View Post
I have resisted this thread for awhile, as my husband and I had such a horrible time with this. We did adopt a girl two yrs ago after fostering her for almost four years, but it was so hard on all of us.

Try to not worry too much on the ethnic group of a child, our daughter is latino we are caucasian, never been an issue. Open your home to sibling groups that might include a girl, this can make placement easier.

Whatever you do please please please be careful with social workers, NEVER tell them anything that they do not need to know. Trust me I could write a book on the things that I did wrong but that was the one key thing that I wish I would have remembered. They will act like you are all on the same team, but trust me if they think even the slightest thing is off it will cause a lot of problems.

We were actually written up for child abuse because our foster daughter tried to throw a tv at me after she broke the window in her room, I placed the tv out the window to keep it away from her. We were told that we did not handle it right and that we should have taken the TV and sat on it to keep her safe.

It can be crazy, but it can be wonderful and it can be awesome and heart breaking at the same time. I do not mean to make you think it is not great, but I just warn you to be careful, when the state is in your business all the time it is very hard. Things you think are "normal" they find abusive or violating of a childs rights.

Please feel free to PM me anytime you need to or if you have any questions.

Good Luck and thanks for being one of a few elite people who care that much about kids.
THANK YOU for allowing me to see another side of it. This is definitely some advice that I will keep close to my heart!
Old 02-07-2009, 06:40 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
nanci143 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nanci143 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nanci143 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nanci143 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nanci143 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nanci143 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nanci143 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nanci143 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nanci143 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!nanci143 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
owutaqt---thank you for calling us the "elite" I really like that term!
The Following User Says Thank You to nanci143 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2009, 06:53 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Not to drag up an old post or anything....but would you believe that our home is still NOT open????
Old 03-27-2009, 09:39 AM

What to do?

My Mood/Status:
sandalz4life has posted more than 400 great deals!sandalz4life has posted more than 400 great deals!sandalz4life has posted more than 400 great deals!sandalz4life has posted more than 400 great deals!sandalz4life has posted more than 400 great deals!
Doesn't the waiting just SUCK!!!! It seemed like we did it forever and I just finally gave up, then a couple months later we had a boy from a friend of a friend type thing and now in 5 weeks the same thing will happen I do know that it takes forever to get anything out of the state
Old 03-27-2009, 10:32 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
yvonne grigsby has posted more than 150 good deals!yvonne grigsby has posted more than 150 good deals!
Praying that the Lord will send you the little ones you need..Yvonne