Need Yummy Treat/snack Ideas To Take To Pre-K Classroom!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 12:52 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Need yummy treat/snack ideas to take to Pre-K classroom!

My little boy has pink eye right now, which stinks because today would have been his very first day back to Preschool since Christmas break. (He wont be able to go back until next Monday now.) Anyhow, I thought it would be cute and fun to send in a yummy treat upon his return. So, that gives me a whole week to plan! Any ideas? Id really like to send in something something other than cookies or cupcakes, thanks! Oh and there are no food allergies in his classroom! If you want to share snacks or bake goods that your toddler helps you make feel free to do that, too! Lets make this FUN!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Live, love, laugh, be happy!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:54 PM

RE: Need yummy treat/snack ideas to take to Pre-K classroom!

Booking Newborn Photo shoots!

My Mood/Status:
QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Home made chex mix is really fun! Your son can help stir the mixture before you bake it!
The Following User Says Thank You to QBMOM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2009, 01:32 PM

Enjoying summer!

My Mood/Status:
mizabs has posted more than 10 good deals
Familyfun.com has a great snack - pretzel stick snowmen - you dip half a pretzel rod in white chocolate, then add mini M&M's for eyes and buttons, gummy Lifesavers and gum drops for the hat and then pieces of a gum drop for the nose. Oh, and slices of fruit roll-ups for a scarf! (Of course, you can find the complete directions on the web site.) I wanted to make these for Christmas but ran out of time. I was trying to get organized to make and take them to my daughter's 1st grade class....maybe before Valentine's Day? Also, she is home with pink eye too...must be going around! I was surprised because we've hardly been out in public during the last week! Hope he feels better!
The Following User Says Thank You to mizabs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2009, 01:54 PM

is so far behind in clipping coupons
Reed and Blake's Mommy

My Mood/Status:
honeybabysaunt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!honeybabysaunt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!honeybabysaunt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!honeybabysaunt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!honeybabysaunt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!honeybabysaunt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!honeybabysaunt has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Rice krispie treats are always fun to make together!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:39 PM

Spending too much time on afc to finish my...

My Mood/Status:
cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!cundiff2001 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
make sure you can take homemade treats. NONE of the schools/preschools around here can have homemade brought in. Everything has to be store bought and ind. wrapped. Expensive pita and no fun. Can't even take in cupcakes for birthday. and everything has to be marked peanut free and not made in a factory where peanuts are used. PITA!!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:19 PM

AFC Star Member

JCausby has posted more than 200 great deals!JCausby has posted more than 200 great deals!JCausby has posted more than 200 great deals!
What about bugs on a log - put peanut butter inside celery and then add a few raisins on top for the bugs?

Also, their is a recipe for chex cereal, chocolate and peanut butter called Monkey munch.

Also, fruit kabobs - grapes, strawberries, melon, or pineapple.
The Following User Says Thank You to JCausby For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2009, 05:16 PM

My Mood/Status:
lsmare has posted more than 100 good deals!lsmare has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cundiff2001 View Post
make sure you can take homemade treats. NONE of the schools/preschools around here can have homemade brought in. Everything has to be store bought and ind. wrapped. Expensive pita and no fun. Can't even take in cupcakes for birthday. and everything has to be marked peanut free and not made in a factory where peanuts are used. PITA!!
I can see how that would be a pain but some of these kids with peanut allergies are so sensitive even the smell can cause a reaction. So i guess they figured that would be the safest for those kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to lsmare For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2009, 01:15 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mommabailey has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for the ideas so far!
No allergies in his classroom so peanuts/peanut butter stuff is okay.
Also, we are allowed to bring in homemade stuff. He has brought home some things before, all were very tasty! That was a good idea to ask though! Thank you! Maybe because we live in a REALLY small town that has something to do with it? The majority of us parents know one another. (I am my towns house cleaner too so they all know I am a clean freak! haha)
I will think about some of the ideas posted so far and let you guys know if I make one of em, thanks!!!!!

"Live, love, laugh, be happy!"
Old 01-07-2009, 02:56 PM

Just Being ME!

My Mood/Status:
Tricia911 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Tricia911 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Tricia911 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Tricia911 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Tricia911 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Tricia911 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Tricia911 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Tricia911 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Tricia911 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Tricia911 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Tricia911 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Puppy chow. Kids love to help make it.