BBW Vent

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2015, 07:17 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Cheap with a capital C has posted more than 5 good deals
Thumbs down BBW Vent

Last week, BBW offered what seemed like a bargain price for their 3 wick candles, online only. I ordered some, used a $10 coupon, and paid $5.99 shipping.

Now, they offer the same prices in-store and my order hasn't even shipped out yet.

I emailed them and told them how unhappy I was about paying shipping and they offer the same prices in-store a few days later. I got a response that didn't make much sense but the bottom line was I used a coupon so I should be ok with paying shipping.

When I asked to have my order cancelled, low-and-behold my order has shipped and I get a response that I am welcome to return my shipment to my local store but I will not be refunded shipping I have paid.

I don't think BBW is getting the whole concept of online only specials down pat this Holiday. (Or, they know exactly what they are doing and they are making money any way they can get away with)

Either way, they have lost a customer.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 07:25 PM

RE: BBW Vent

Sonographer

My Mood/Status:
Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Macchiatomom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap with a capital C View Post
Last week, BBW offered what seemed like a bargain price for their 3 wick candles, online only. I ordered some, used a $10 coupon, and paid $5.99 shipping.

Now, they offer the same prices in-store and my order hasn't even shipped out yet.

I emailed them and told them how unhappy I was about paying shipping and they offer the same prices in-store a few days later. I got a response that didn't make much sense but the bottom line was I used a coupon so I should be ok with paying shipping.

When I asked to have my order cancelled, low-and-behold my order has shipped and I get a response that I am welcome to return my shipment to my local store but I will not be refunded shipping I have paid.

I don't think BBW is getting the whole concept of online only specials down pat this Holiday. (Or, they know exactly what they are doing and they are making money any way they can get away with)

Either way, they have lost a customer.
I used to love BBW but not anymore. Last month I bought many things and was offered a 10/40 if I use paypal.... yet my order was 78.xx and it took about a week to get shipped.

Sarah mommy to three precious girls
Old 02-21-2016, 05:04 PM

RE: BBW Vent

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
planeJane has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!planeJane has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!planeJane has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!planeJane has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!planeJane has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!planeJane has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
The deals are in the stores, not so much online. They don't let you stack the coupons online, they are sneaky, they send out emails that offer a free item and free shipping over $40 but you are only able to apply 1 code during checkout.
the stores let you stack coupons like get a lotion for $5 and a 20% off and if you have free items coupons they will let you check out multiple times to redeem them all.
I only shop online during the 2 clearance sales each year when they have items available that aren't in stores