Office Max Starting 1/6/2013 - My Scenarios

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 11:59 AM
cheerful

My Mood/Status:
lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Dance Office Max starting 1/6/2013 - my scenarios

$43.99 case of paper with $43.98 in rewards. $.01 after rewards. limit 2
Box of pencils, 1 cent with a $25 purchase.

$5 off a $25 purchase when you buy supplies, toner, ink, or furniture

Free coffee mug when you buy $20 in breakroom supplies - they show papertowels, coffee and other types of breakroom supplies in the picture. Hoping toilet paper is in the deal as we are running low.

I'll do two separate transactions, one with the case of paper and pencils and then another with breakroom supplies with the $5 off $25. I don't know if they'll give me the coffee mug if I use the $5 off $25 but I'll see.

Then I'll turn in 10 toner cartridges to recover my out of pocket costs for the breakroom supplies, $25 minus $5 = $20.00

My church is down to their last half ream of paper so this will be just in time.

Last edited by lutherandj; 01-05-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: additional details
The Following User Says Thank You to lutherandj For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 PM

RE: Office Max starting 1/6/2013 - my scenarios

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Stay-at-Home Mom of 2

My Mood/Status:
cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!cooletz23 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have $10/$50 coupon im wondering if i can use it to buy 43.99 10 ream paper and get back whole 43.98 or it will deduct my rewards? Tia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So blessed with my DH and 2 little angels

Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
miss_c has posted more than 150 good deals!miss_c has posted more than 150 good deals!
It will be deducted from the rewards. The only time that coupon does not affect your rewards is if it says a specific amount you get back. In this case, the reward is to bring the final cost to 0.01. However, by using the coupon you are giving less oop as well as tax.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss_c For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 PM

cheerful

My Mood/Status:
lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_c View Post
It will be deducted from the rewards. The only time that coupon does not affect your rewards is if it says a specific amount you get back. In this case, the reward is to bring the final cost to 0.01. However, by using the coupon you are giving less oop as well as tax.
I also read on another board somewhere that the coupon attaches to the higher priced item - That's why I do separate transactions so that it attaches to the lower priced items on my trip. If I buy $25, use $5 off coupon, then my OOP will be about $20 - which I can get back by turning in Toner Cartridges - Don't forget to price match for your other items too so you get the best deal possible.

I buy the paper using a separate transaction and I get the correct amount back.

Last edited by lutherandj; 01-08-2013 at 08:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lutherandj For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 09:13 AM

Loving AFC!

My Mood/Status:
Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Melanievcb has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for posting your scenarios. Hope you can continue doing this
and artistic & talented DD
, and Amaya

POSITIVE THOUGHT THREAD

Live each day - positivity, hope & love on Facebook

Lanie Bran on
Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 AM

cheerful

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutherandj View Post
I also read on another board somewhere that the coupon attaches to the higher priced item - That's why I do separate transactions so that it attaches to the lower priced items on my trip. If I buy $25, use $5 off coupon, then my OOP will be about $20 - which I can get back by turning in Toner Cartridges - Don't forget to price match for your other items too so you get the best deal possible.

I buy the paper using a separate transaction and I get the correct amount back.

OK, went to Office Max on Saturday and here is how it worked. I bought a case of paper and used the 5 off $25 and also submitted a coupon for pencils for a penny. They took the 5 off $25 but then charged me full price for the pencils as the pencil coupon and $5 off $25 coupon could not be used together. So I returned the pencils - my reward was reduced by $5 for the $5 off $25 coupon. Keep in my though it is still better to use the coupon as you will pay tax on the netsale amount and not the full price of the paper - unless you are tax exempt.

Second Transaction, the $5 off $25 was not good on household supplies and they did not take the $5 off $25 but then gave me the 2 pencils packs for a penney. We bought 2 packs of Kcups and peanuts. Spent $26 and turned in 10 toner cartridges.

Last edited by lutherandj; 01-16-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:45 PM

stebrow283 has posted more than 25 good deals
Can someone explain to me how the rewards work? I have been out of the couponing loop for a few years and am planning a come back? Are they just good like cash to spend at the store?