Raleight/Durham Questions

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Question Raleight/Durham Questions

Hello All!

My fiance and I will be moving to the Durham-area in August and I was wondering if anyone can give me some NC couponing pointers before I move down?

First of all, which newspaper has the best coupons? Which stores have the best newspaper deals?

Which grocery store is usually the best? Based my AFC browsing it's looking like Harris Teeter has the best deals (and doubles, which I've never experienced)--is this accurate?

Is there anything else I should know?

I'm so excited for mild winters, double coupons, and Rite Aid!!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 05:54 AM

RE: Raleight/Durham Questions

AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!aidan&logansmommy has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm in NC, but not in that area. I live in the triad area, and near us, the best paper for coupons is the Charlotte Observer (although it is difficult to find here).

My favorite grocery store is Harris Teeter. Although their everyday prices can be higher, if you shop the sales with coupons, you can get great deals. They double coupons everyday, and they have super double or triple coupon events monthly. I also love their meat and produce. I find that it is much better than other stores close to me.

Welcome to NC! Maybe some other members that live in that area will chime in with better tips!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:27 AM

Coupon shopping homesteader

My Mood/Status:
Thebestthings04 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Thebestthings04 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Thebestthings04 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Thebestthings04 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Thebestthings04 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Thebestthings04 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviewithn0story View Post
Hello All!

My fiance and I will be moving to the Durham-area in August and I was wondering if anyone can give me some NC couponing pointers before I move down? I just moved here about a year ago (southeastern side of Raleigh) and I love the area!

First of all, which newspaper has the best coupons? That would be The News and Observer Which stores have the best newspaper deals? If you subscribe you get the paper for $2.13 and each paper after that is just a $1. You can get up to 10 papers. WAGS has them for a little over a $1 each and that is the best place to go buy them that I have found.

Which grocery store is usually the best? Based my AFC browsing it's looking like Harris Teeter has the best deals (and doubles, which I've never experienced)--is this accurate? I don't like HT. Here they are over priced and whenn they have the tripples and SD they always jack the prices up about 20%. I like Krogers much, much better! They double and you get gas rewards.

Welcome!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:07 PM

puredisaster has posted more than 10 good deals
Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviewithn0story View Post
Hello All!

My fiance and I will be moving to the Durham-area in August and I was wondering if anyone can give me some NC couponing pointers before I move down?

First of all, which newspaper has the best coupons? Which stores have the best newspaper deals?

Which grocery store is usually the best? Based my AFC browsing it's looking like Harris Teeter has the best deals (and doubles, which I've never experienced)--is this accurate?

Welcome to the area!!

You will need to get the News & Observer Paper which is based out of Raleigh (easy enough to find in Durham, but you will need to get them early in the morning or they will be GONE!). My personal favorite stores to shop at are Harris Teeter (because of events like triples and super doubles), Walgreens, and Walmart (unless you find a store with a great sale I find most things are still cheaper at walmart even with the other store doubling).

There isn't too much difference in couponing in the Durham area, but if you have any questions you can always ask!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:24 PM

snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!snmhxf has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
^^ I Just moved to the Triad area as well, High POint! Im excited to be here and so far IN LOVE <3 With Harris Teeter and the farmers market! But the paper I got last week had one tiny insert, Im used to lots and lots (ok at least 3!) in every paper! I need to find a better paper!
Old 08-28-2011, 07:35 AM

moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!moviewithn0story has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snmhxf View Post
^^ I Just moved to the Triad area as well, High POint! Im excited to be here and so far IN LOVE <3 With Harris Teeter and the farmers market! But the paper I got last week had one tiny insert, Im used to lots and lots (ok at least 3!) in every paper! I need to find a better paper!
I'm not sure what paper you got, but last week there was only one insert in every paper in America. It should have been a SmartSource. It was recommended that I get the Raleigh News and Observer and their coupons are pretty good. This week there will be a P&G, SmartSource, and RedPlum.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:51 AM

darkdaze73 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by snmhxf View Post
This site has a insert coupon schedule in the coupons area that gives you an idea of how many inserts to expect each week. I would post a link to it, but I don't have enough posts yet to do so.

Best bet to ensure getting all inserts is to find a large city paper. For example, we get the Greensboro News & Record. The local paper on occasion has been known to lack an insert.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
tarheel247 has posted more than 100 good deals!tarheel247 has posted more than 100 good deals!
There's Kroger in Raleigh? I might have to head north sometime I try it out if so.

I'm not sure about Raleigh, but Clayton has a Lowe's Foods. They double too. And from what I remember when I lived in Harrisburg..they have good sales too.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Consider ordering inserts in bulk for the greatest savings...several gals on here sell them that way...or find a recycling place nearby and get them FREE if it's not illegal in your area...gas places like Sheets are a good source for buying out of town/out of state papers as well as bookstores in your area...Welcome to the area! (I'm on VA/NC line)

PS my daughter lives nearby the coast in NC and hands down Harris Teeter is her favorite place to shop