Manhattan Questions

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 06:52 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

ashNYC12 has posted more than 1 good deal
Manhattan questions

Hi all,

I just recently moved to Manhattan from Ohio where coupons were abundant and stores doubled coupons. I don't want to "extreme coupon", but I'd like to save some money. We get the Times delivery which has the WORST coupons ever (most weeks have nothing and once in a while a very small SS). I tried getting other papers at the store, but they aren't much better. I live downtown. Anyone know if some papers are better uptown for coupons?

Also what stores in the area are good for prices? I have two little ones and no car, so traveling far is just not an option. I've been using pea pod from stop and shop mostly. Does anyone know of any blogs that do coupon matchups for them? Or any good NYC area frugal blogs?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to ashNYC12 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 AM

RE: Manhattan questions

Come here Spring

My Mood/Status:
isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hi! Welcome to NYC and welcome to AFC

I live uptown..have a Pathmark that accepts IPs and manufacturer's coupons. Their sale ads lately are not too enticing but you can check out the forum, I do the coupon match ups for the store (click the icon below) and see if you find deals that may appeal to you. I find myself buying from Costco lately. The one in Brooklyn may be closest to you. If you're familiar with Aldi's , one just opened last Monday at the east River Mall (116th St) where Costco is also located. We have a local store (Finefare) that accepts man Qs and their prices are not bad. Check your local stores (like Keyfood) if they accept Qs.

As for where I get coupons, from polybags (scattered in the neighborhood on Thurs & Fri), from free newspapers and I buy New York Post on Sundays.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(FL) here at A Full Cup, see
for details
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 AM

ashNYC12 has posted more than 1 good deal
Thanks for the reply! I haven't seen any of the polybags in my neighborhood. I'll have to walk around and see if I can spot any today and tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:40 PM

gigglingkema has posted more than 25 good deals
Saving and Manhattan don't go hand in hand. The mark up in Manhattan is crazy. I've been to CVS in Manhattan and CVS in Brooklyn and there is a huge difference in prices. Plus sometimes every item in an ad is not valid in Manhattan. I would do my grocery shopping in Queens if I were you. Rego park has a Super Stop and Shop that doubles. Plus there is an Aldi and Costco near that it.

I wouldn't go to 116 st alone but that's just me. ***
Old 03-07-2013, 12:25 PM

willshirl has posted more than 5 good deals
Call 1800 3766222 for poly bag delivery

I live in manhattan around midtown saving money is tough but doable if willing to travel I take the path train to NJ and shop at shoprite which doubles upto $ .99 I get coupons from the poly bags call 18003766222 if you want it delivered to your home and I get the Sunday papers take a walk at night when they take out the papers pick up a few if you don't want to buy the papers

For fresh fruits and veggies I go to stiles farmers market around port authority and a few blocks away is the newly renovated big apple meat market ( only for meat)

Also on 42st and 3rd ave stand a guy who sells fruits and veggies for really good prices $2 for a crate of tangerines, 8mangos for $6

I usually shop at rite aid since the manhattan circular for cvs and Walgreens is laughable