Extreme Couponing In NYC- Options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 01:47 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Away on vacation may 21- may 26

nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Hi Extreme Couponing in NYC- options?

Hi there, I'm new to the world of serious couponing and found this site after watching TLC'S Extreme Couponing (yes I'm one of those people ). I just had a question to ask you coupon veterans: I live in NYC and do not know of any grocery stores that double coupons. Are drugstores (CVS, Duane Reade, Walgreens) the only option I have to get significant coupon savings?

I'm originally from Western Suffolk County (grew up there) and I think the only grocery store around there that doubles is King Kullen but their prices are extremely high to begin with.

I guess that people who don't live in the midwest or southern states get screwed out of the good deals =/

And one other question. I was watching the most recent(I think) Extreme Couponing episode with Treasure and she said that shehas coupons in her book going back 2 years. What sort of coupons are those?! The coupons I see in newspaper inserts are only good for a few months!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:02 PM

RE: Extreme Couponing in NYC- options?

monalis35023 has posted more than 150 good deals!monalis35023 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgirl631
Hi there, I'm new to the world of serious couponing and found this site after watching TLC'S Extreme Couponing (yes I'm one of those people ). I just had a question to ask you coupon veterans: I live in NYC and do not know of any grocery stores that double coupons. Are drugstores (CVS, Duane Reade, Walgreens) the only option I have to get significant coupon savings?

I'm originally from Western Suffolk County (grew up there) and I think the only grocery store around there that doubles is King Kullen but their prices are extremely high to begin with.

I guess that people who don't live in the midwest or southern states get screwed out of the good deals =/

And one other question. I was watching the most recent(I think) Extreme Couponing episode with Treasure and she said that shehas coupons in her book going back 2 years. What sort of coupons are those?! The coupons I see in newspaper inserts are only good for a few months!
I live in Alabama and there are very few places that double and those that do only double up to $.50 or $1 if you're lucky!

Drug stores are wonderful for deals on cleaning and health/beauty. What I would suggest for food is to watch sale papers like a hawk-look for cheaper prices than you are used to paying. Focus on one store at a time until you get the hang of it, try and find a store that does store coupons and stack them with MQs and sale prices.

If you cannot find a store that does it's own coupons (target is one that does and you may have one-not sure what stores you have). Walmart can be used as a last resort. They will price match other store sale prices and then allow you to use a coupon.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:08 PM

nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
No Walmarts around here, but there is a Target in Brooklyn. i wasn't aware that they were a good couponing source-- thanks for the info! I love Target
Old 06-05-2011, 07:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
Dusti1960 has posted more than 100 good deals!Dusti1960 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Hi there,
I live in Suffolk County right now Stop and Shop is doubling up to dollar. I use the hand held scanner so I'm not sure if its a perk to use it. walbaums out here is also doubling. If your interested in trading coupons please email me. King Kullen is doubling but your right they are expenisive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dusti1960 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 07:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
Janillec has posted more than 10 good deals
Pathmark doubles your coupons everyday up to $1.00. CVS does not double your coupons
Old 06-06-2011, 08:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
adeen718 has posted more than 25 good deals
I live in Queens, NY so if anyone wants to trade coupons please let me know. I have 30 inserts from 5/22 and maybe another 15 from yesterday.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:09 PM

NKAdeals

nkadeals has posted more than 1 good deal
Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgirl631 View Post
No Walmarts around here, but there is a Target in Brooklyn. i wasn't aware that they were a good couponing source-- thanks for the info! I love Target
I'm sorry, I would not get your hopes up for that Target in Brooklyn. It's a nightmare! The employees are lazy and rude and the shelves are half empty. Forget shopping for clothes. It's totally dirty and messy and the selection is awful. I'm sorry to say it but better you find out now than after you get there and waste time and money. There is a really decent Target in Queens, though. Depending on where you live, it could take forever to get there. I'm assuming that like most NYers you do not have a car. A car changes everything, so if you do have one, good for you. I miss my car!
The Following User Says Thank You to nkadeals For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 01:30 PM

excoupmm27
what pathmark do you go to becuz i was not aware that they double coupon i know that they had a few weeks that they were but only on certain days
Old 06-09-2011, 01:40 PM

krissy027 has posted more than 200 great deals!krissy027 has posted more than 200 great deals!krissy027 has posted more than 200 great deals!
there a bunch of pathmark locations in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan and one in Long Island City - I believe all locations will double up to $0.99. You can look up the locations on their website.

There were a few tripling events a few weeks ago that took place on specific dates but they should double every day
The Following User Says Thank You to krissy027 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 02:03 PM

vallie has posted more than 5 good deals
I live in Yonkers right over the Bronx boarder, Stop and Shop in the Cross County Mall doubles up to 1.00 here, may be a limit on how many you can use in one transaction. I bought Pepperidge Farm cookies on sale for $2.97 the other day, they had peelies for .55 off, it doubled them up to 1.00, so I got 4 packages of Nantucket for 1.97 each. Pathmark on Central doubles, Shoprite on Tuckahoe rd. doubles but I think there are some limits there too.
There are also some A&P's around that double too. There is one on McLean Ave and on in Bronxville. Also one one central ave in Scarsdale. If you have access to a car it might be worth it to come up to Westchester and shop at the stores here.

Anyone looking to trade can PM me, I don't use the baby cupons and will trade for stamps or other stuff I use.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkadeals View Post
I'm sorry, I would not get your hopes up for that Target in Brooklyn. It's a nightmare! The employees are lazy and rude and the shelves are half empty. Forget shopping for clothes. It's totally dirty and messy and the selection is awful. I'm sorry to say it but better you find out now than after you get there and waste time and money. There is a really decent Target in Queens, though. Depending on where you live, it could take forever to get there. I'm assuming that like most NYers you do not have a car. A car changes everything, so if you do have one, good for you. I miss my car!
Sorry to respond so late! I actually have been to the Atlantic Center Target before. The employees definitely aren't much help and it is messy, but I don't remember ever going on a Sunday when the sales start, so I wasn't sure if the shelves are just constantly empty no matter what or if the sale stuff just flies out the door once Sunday starts.

And nope, no car! I think it'd be easier for me to go to the Target in the Bronx than get to one in Queens! I remember going to the Queens Center mall once and it took FOREVER!

Thanks for letting me know that the store never has the sale stuff, and that its not like I get there too late!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:51 AM

sake1bs has posted more than 1 good deal
pathamrk in longisland city does not double

update: pathmark in long island city doubled coupons a couple of weeks ago, but its not a everyday thing

Last edited by sake1bs; 09-30-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: update
Old 09-09-2011, 05:25 AM

krissy027 has posted more than 200 great deals!krissy027 has posted more than 200 great deals!krissy027 has posted more than 200 great deals!
have you tried anything on the queens border? maybe it's worth a bit of a drive for the doubles (assuming you're saving more than you're spending on gas )
Old 09-23-2011, 03:17 PM

Come here Spring

My Mood/Status:
isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!isavealot5 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Last week, Pathmark stores in NYC doubled coupons (.99 and below)...they have this promo once in a while. You could check out local stores too that accepts coupons (I have a Fine Fare Store nearby that's coupon friendly). Some Keyfood Stores too accepts coupons, so I heard. I often find myself lately buying stuff (couponless...gasps!) at Costco...as a result of the lack of "good deals" at most NYC supermarkets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(FL) here at A Full Cup, see
for details
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isavealot5 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2011, 04:01 PM

My Mood/Status:
Couponjeff has posted more than 75 good deals!
im also from suffolk county
Quote:

Places that double: pathmark stop and shop waldbaums king kullen shoprite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusti1960 View Post
Hi there,
I live in Suffolk County right now Stop and Shop is doubling up to dollar. I use the hand held scanner so I'm not sure if its a perk to use it. walbaums out here is also doubling. If your interested in trading coupons please email me. King Kullen is doubling but your right they are expenisive.
Stop and shop doesn't double $1 coupons it says it on their website they only double up to .99 cents and there are limits
Old 10-18-2011, 08:49 PM

My Mood/Status:
Johnny's Girl
Extreme Couponing worse than crack...

ok so I remember way back before this crazy Walbaums Supermarkets (there are a few in Queens, one in Whitestone the other by Franny Lou in Bayside) they use to double coupons ... I should look into it, but so should you all...btw..Im new and loving this...can't wait to see how successful I can be.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:34 PM

christyscouponing has posted more than 1 good deal
Couponing in Queens

Hi,

I just recently moved to Queens and by recently I mean a week ago from southern Mississippi. I was extreme couponing there for a while then went on the road with my husband and now we are here. I have been doing a little research on couponing at the stores in the area. According to one manager Waldbaums in College Point said they double up to $1 as long as the coupon does not say "Do Not Double". I have tested out any of this yet but am in the process of setting up my first couponing trip by this weekend. I will let you know how it goes. If you find anything else please let me know too. You can email me at my gmail address with the same id.

Thanks and happy couponing.

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to christyscouponing For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2011, 06:40 PM

christyscouponing has posted more than 1 good deal
Also if you get Targets red card which you can get linked to your bank account so it is no different than using your bank card, you receive an additional 5% off every purchase.
The Following User Says Thank You to christyscouponing For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 06:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
orangedoze has posted more than 25 good deals
Hi! I live in Queens and work at NYC, and have been couponing since 2007. As you'll learn over the next few weeks, the TV show has distorted and exaggerated couponing. It'll take a little bit more extra effort to save $$$ here in NYC but you will still save $. Start with buying newspaper coupons. Newsday is my NYC paper as it has all the SS, RP, and PG inserts. It is steep at 2.50 but all the other papers are trash. I frequent several drugstores in the city as I shuffle around the city for work. You might benefit with saving extra $$ too by shelling out 2.25 x 2 (or an unlimited metro card) to venture out to Queens or $1.75 for PATH to Jersey City (Hoboken, Newport). Sales are very limited in NYC, especially with CVS, and the outer boroughs get extra deals. The city drugstores seldom get empty shelves though and there are several branches you can go to, some even open 24hours. As for other grocery items, I think your best bet would be Target. Again, in queens. Lol there's a new one at Main St at the end of the 7 line that's pretty accessible. Pathmark in Queens double only on special occasions. On the queens/long island border (new hyde park), the Pathmarks double regularly up to 99 cents.

Good luck and happy couponing!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orangedoze For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 03:54 PM

jazermaia
Hi, I frequent the Target near the Waldbaums in College Point and was unaware that they double coupons. How was your shopping trip if you don't mind me asking?
Old 02-04-2012, 06:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
orangedoze has posted more than 25 good deals
Hey, Target does not double coupons as far as I know. I was talking about Pathmark in the Long Island area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazermaia View Post
Hi, I frequent the Target near the Waldbaums in College Point and was unaware that they double coupons. How was your shopping trip if you don't mind me asking?
Old 02-04-2012, 06:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!332pca has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy027 View Post
there a bunch of pathmark locations in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan and one in Long Island City - I believe all locations will double up to $0.99. You can look up the locations on their website.

There were a few tripling events a few weeks ago that took place on specific dates but they should double every day
I go the Pathmark in Flatlands, Brooklyn and that one does not double nor does the one on Atlantic Ave. I was going to the one in Flatlands for years and I can count the no. of times it doubles. There did doubles and triples last year around April and all the Pathmarks were participating in that event. I think Stop and Shop in Flatbush doubles up to 4 qs. If anyone shops there please let me know if this is correct. i wonder if there is any way for use to get them to start doubling maybe we can complain or something. We need that in NY too.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
caribba has posted more than 200 great deals!caribba has posted more than 200 great deals!caribba has posted more than 200 great deals!
I find myself shopping all over the place since even though stop and shoop doubles, things are just too expensive without coupons
The Following User Says Thank You to caribba For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 09:46 AM

Mzcouponing
Dance Double Couponing

Hi everyone, I'm from NYC but moved to Florida and now i'm moving back May 3rd and I have been doing my research Stop and shop in queens double up to 99cents i haven't asked them if there is a limit, No one has a website like they do in other states for NYC couponing I am hoping all of us New Yorkers can come together to share experience, knowledge and maybe start on a website.

God bless everyone happy couponing
Old 06-05-2012, 07:11 AM

willshirl has posted more than 5 good deals
Hi I'm new around here just wanted to let you know i live in Manhattan and i dont have a car but i manage to go to NJ on the path with my shopping cart to a shoprite who doubles upto $.99 also right next to shoprite is a BJ's I know alot of couponers don't like wholesale stores but BJ's do take MF coupons for every barcode so if its a pack of 3 and if it can be sold individual you can use 3 MF coupons plus a store coupon and i share the card with my sisters so membership cost are little also i go to the target over there which is big and clean and well stocked other then basics bread, milk i dont shop at the very expensive stores around here only trader joes

Tags
drugstores, extreme-couponing, nyc