New In Nevada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 04:58 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

ashelby67
Help Sign New In Nevada

Hello,
I am new to this site, as well as couponing. I do watch the show on TLC and love the idea. After convincing my husband to watch the show, he jumped on board with it.... problem is we have no idea where to start. We just recently started getting the sunday paper, and of course I get the plum thing, and smart source inserts. I am not looking to pay just a penny for 500 worth in groceries, but enough to put away and pay for other things. It's tough right now.
I know there is such thing as doubling coupons, but does anyone know what stores do? I am in vegas. We have Albertsons, vons, smiths, those are the ones we normally shop at.
Any other help and advice would be very much appreciated!!
Thanks
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:46 AM

RE: New In Nevada

smcintosh31 has posted more than 1 good deal
Hello. I've only been couponing for about 6 months but I'll share with you the limited knowledge that I've learned. I too am from Vegas. From what I've found out nobody here doubles coupons. I shop at Smiths and some weeks I get really good deals. The thing I do is try to learn what things cost, so when they are on sale at a real good price, I jump on it. When Smiths has the 10 items for a discount seems to be best for me. I've seen in the sales papers that Alberson's does it also, but I haven't been there.

It also seems that we get shafted with coupons here. At the beginning of every month the Proctor and Gamble coupons comes out. They give you the best coupons on toothbrushes, deoderant, and that stuff. It's not in the paper and I don't get it delivered by mail. So I've been buying them off Ebay. I also will buy 100 food coupons off ebay and pay a couple bucks for them. Also when you see a good deal in your sales ad, you can go on ebay and look for someone selling a bunch of that coupon and buy it there. They send it pretty quick and then you can use it during the same coupon week.

CVS seems to me to have the best deals from a Pharmacy. I also like them better than Walgreens. Just me.

I use couponmom.com as an aid. They give you what deals are in the sales paper and match up coupons. Of course other things are on sale in the stores, but it helps me some what. You can also print off coupons from Coupons.com and go to your grocery store websites and get more coupons there.

I have a binder that I've out grown already, but you can watch youtube videos on how other people do it and decide for yourself. I learned a lot from different videos on youtube.

Theres a lot more stuff that can be done that I don't do yet, it all depend on how much time you have. I've yet to conquer Walmart and Target, but I keep saying I will. But when you watch those shows they are all back east and it's a little harder to do things here, but if you have the time, you can do a lot better than me.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:35 PM

babycoconut has posted more than 50 good deals
I saw in one TLC episode that an extreme couponer from Vegas shop at Glazier's. Do they double?

I plan to move to Henderson from Boston. All stores double here. It will be a big adjustment to move to a place that NO stores double. I gasped when smcintosh31 said there are no P&G coupons there!

I just typed in P& G coupons on ebay and shipping is as high as 5 dollars!

Last edited by babycoconut; 06-19-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
sammysaves has posted more than 10 good deals
I am also in Vegas and new to this site and the couponing thing as well. I have one tip I can share, because the coupons in the paper are so minimal I go to apartments and look in the trash cans by the mailboxes. My husband and I went when they had BOGO coupons for pedigree in the mail that day and made out like bandits! the 99 cents only store sells the Sunday paper for 1.99 but if you buy it there make sure you get your coupons.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
mschung has posted more than 25 good deals
Doubling coupons will vary by the store. I'm in Houston, and for some reason there are no more doubling coupons here anymore. Next time you go grocery shopping ask the manager if they have double coupon promotions.
You can find some online printable coupons and some deals at sites like Maui Couponers.

The key to couponing is being organized! You also have to keep updated and actively look for deals.

Here are some tips from my experience:

1. Get a 3-ring binder...you may already have one at home. Start with at least a 2 " binder, but any size will do.

2. Get some GOOD QUALITY coupon holder sheets/sleeves/pages to organize your coupons. They sell 9-pocket sleeves at Target and Walmart, but you can find more variety and more useful sleeves at CoolCouponing.com. Our favorite pages are the 8-pocket and 3-pocket because they fit the larger coupons and the ones you can print and get from the grocery store. I think they have a starter pack (variety of different sleeves) for $5 with free shipping.

3. Organize your coupons by department at your store, so you can view coupons as you stroll the aisles. Some people organize by alphabetical order, by expiration date, or by category.

4. Collect coupons on Sunday. If you buy your newspaper at the store, make sure the coupon inserts are there before you buy it! People actually steal inserts! :-(

5. Watch for sales ads so you can buy something on sale AND use a coupon!

Good luck!

Last edited by mschung; 06-29-2011 at 12:01 PM.